Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Lebo’s hate lebo cause everything in life to a leb is status.
I worked with my mate a while ago doing removals, Lebanese guy.
Someone in Guildford calls claiming he moved 3 doors down and wanted us to pick up a lounge for him..
My friend was iffy not wanting to do the job, he said and I quote “I don’t trust the guy, he sounds like a Lebo”.

I told him “look you’re dropping me off at Merrylands station, it’s on the way, let’s at least have a look at what he wants done? If we aren’t satisfied we can always have a laugh and move on”.

To me it appeared his neighbours from 3 doors down moved out and left a couple of sofas behind and he wanted us to bring it to his place?

I was like fuck that we could get charged for trespassing forget it!

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Another 26 dead 131 now and another 1459 cases it's passed sars for infection count and this is Chinese media so who knows the real extent of it
Out of curiosity, I calculated what the equivalent number of deaths would be in Australia if the virus had ground zero in Aus (based on our population versus the Chinese population of 1.38bn people) if the same death rate applied here.

My calculation is that just 2 people would be dead from the virus.

I still don't feel like this is the big deal it's being portrayed to be.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, I calculated what the equivalent number of deaths would be in Australia if the virus had ground zero in Aus (based on our population versus the Chinese population of 1.38bn people) if the same death rate applied here.

Eric Bischoff did a TED talk explaining how the modern media uses the wrestling playbook to create storylines.
Haven’t yet gotten around to watching it. I think I should?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I think it more the potential it has to be devastating and a concern because there is no cure

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I think it more the potential it has to be devastating and a concern because there is no cure
One of the ladies at work mentioned to me that her kids school at North Sydney got closed down today and all the kids (1200) had to be picked up and taken home.

Not sure why, as there was no mention of any child being infected.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another 26 dead 131 now and another 1459 cases it's passed sars for infection count and this is Chinese media so who knows the real extent of it
So true. But having said that -

The WHO stipulated 780 people died as a result of SARS, with just over 8,000 cases.

Corona, whilst still a moving target - is sitting at just over 6,000 cases with 132 deaths

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score

The WHO stipulated 780 people died as a result of SARS, with just over 8,000 cases.

Corona, whilst still a moving target - is sitting at just over 6,000 cases with 132 deaths
Still early days with this virus so by the time the dust settles it sounds like there will be significantly more infections than SARS (but not sure about # of deaths).

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the "wife of fringe Titans player", er, jab....

Byron Mum Worried This Coronavirus Might Result In Another Deadly Vaccine

WENDELL HUSSEY | Cadet | CONTACT

Byron mother and online retailer of bespoke Balinese goods Andrea Vachser has today taken to a few online Facebook groups to voice her concerns about big pharma today.

This comes after news broke this morning that Australian scientists have achieved a major breakthrough in the fight against the Coronavirus by manufacturing the virus in a lab – which is a huge step towards developing a vaccine.

However, that global breakthrough has not been received well in the Northern Rivers of NSW or the Northern Shivers as it is also known.

“Here we go again, #notmychild #not my baby,” said the wife of a fringe NRL player for the Gold Coast Titans.

“People are so concerned about the Coronavirus that they are willing to risk their lives letting the government and big pharma develop another deadly vaccine,” she said whilst sipping her cold-pressed arrowroot, carrot and turmeric juice.

“I refuse, they can bully us all they want, but I will not let my children be subjected to governments sanctioned programs like lab rats in a cage.”

The angry mother of Aldous and Petunia then told us that she just can’t believe how the people of this country just roll over and submit.

“5-G, chemtrails, fluoride in the water, the light rail burning and now this latest vaccine, when will people wake up.”
LOL chemtrails, I'm wondering if this stupid bitch walks upright?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01...d-in-australian-lab-outside-of-china/11906390

In a major breakthrough in the global fight against coronavirus, scientists in Australia have developed a lab-grown version of the disease.

Key points:
  • Australian scientists have become the world's first outside of China to copy the coronavirus
  • The discovery will enable scientists to develop a test to identify people who might be infected, even before they show any symptoms
  • It will also help speed up work towards a vaccine for the disease, which has claimed more than 100 lives in China and infected five Australians
Described as a "game changer" that will help scientists determine whether a future vaccine is effective, experts at Melbourne's Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity on Tuesday became the world's first scientific lab outside of China to copy the virus.

They will now share it with the World Health Organisation (WHO) in Europe, which will in turn share it with labs worldwide — including one from Queensland — involved in the worldwide race to develop a vaccine.

The anti-vaxxers will be frothing at the mouth over this news, but then we won't know if they're frothing because they're upset or just diseased.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was in 2 minds sharing this but here goes, dirty, disgusting f**ks. Apparently a Wuhan market in China.

To me just disgusting.. I can’t cop the dogs and cats.. But you know I guess to a Hindu seeing a cow dismembered or a Jew and Muslim seeing a pig cut up they’d probably be just as mortified..

However, the imagined stench and lack of sanitary conditions makes me feel sick to the bone..filthy..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To me just disgusting.. I can’t cop the dogs and cats.. But you know I guess to a Hindu seeing a cow dismembered or a Jew and Muslim seeing a pig cut up they’d probably be just as mortified..

However, the imagined stench and lack of sanitary conditions makes me feel sick to the bone..filthy..
I once read an article about the famous street in Hanoi with the dog markets. They were talking to a guy tucking into some chow (or should that be chow-chow?), and he actually said he had a pet dog at home, but still had no issue in eating this particular one...

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sister @Lov_Dog can give you the low down on laksa, especially her trips to Singapore.

PS where you at now, sis?
I was just in Japan over CNY, snowboarding and eating all the seafood while drinking all the sake!

My best laksa was actually in KL about 5 years ago << had to reset my tripadvisor profile to find the restaurant >> I've only ever written one review on tripadvisor and it was for Betty's Cafe KL https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Rest..._s_Cafe-Kuala_Lumpur_Wilayah_Persekutuan.html

Malaysia also supplied the worst laksa I'd ever experienced, in Langkawi near the airport https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Show...a_Power-Langkawi_Langkawi_District_Kedah.html .. was very unappealing to the eye and tasted like dirty water. AVOID.

As for Singapore, I really haven't eaten too much Laksa here (I am living in Singapore), find it too hot atmospherically to enjoy a good laksa!

BTW, I love tofu! 8-)

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I once read an article about the famous street in Hanoi with the dog markets. They were talking to a guy tucking into some chow (or should that be chow-chow?), and he actually said he had a pet dog at home, but still had no issue in eating this particular one...
If you're wondering whether that is just urban legend, I can tell you first hand it isn't.

Spent time travelling throughout Vietnam last year and the rumours are entirely true.

They regularly eat dog (particularly in the north) and if you don't take care of your own pet dog and secure them at night, they are likely to be stolen and killed and eaten.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sheesh.. How’s this for you.. My dad had a pet duck when he was a little..anyway he came home one day..and sat down to dinner..mind you he was pretty poor..and he’s eating at the table..they ask him how’d he like it..he said it’s alright..they told him it was His pet duck.. What a bunch assholes.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was in 2 minds sharing this but here goes, dirty, disgusting f**ks. Apparently a Wuhan market in China.

Savagers is what they are. I am surprised there are not more viruses or illnesses around there with those conditions of the market. I mean as @Mr 95% mentioned how unsanitary it is and with the amount of exposed meat, raw and cooked there is, especially the raw just sitting out there in the elements for who knows what to contaminate it.

It may be normal to them but I think its disgusting to say the least.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

A lower death rate is good, however it means the virus is less likely to die off on its own. Means we could end up with a lot more ill people needing treatment. Speed to vaccine is the main thing now.

Unless the Chinese figures are complete fiction that is...

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If you're wondering whether that is just urban legend, I can tell you first hand it isn't.

Spent time travelling throughout Vietnam last year and the rumours are entirely true.

They regularly eat dog (particularly in the north) and if you don't take care of your own pet dog and secure them at night, they are likely to be stolen and killed and eaten.
Gosh.. When they had the World Cup soccer over there..the organisers gave players and officials a ‘coupon’ to try dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.