Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
yes my previous post I stated most ethnicities are usually critical of their own!

I know a Lebo’s worst enemy is a Lebo for example. Lol
@Wahesh back me up with this one please.
Correct. I cannot stand greasy Lebos, my own kind. I wish they'd go back to Arabia and mate with a camel :tearsofjoy:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
People love conspiracies and most of them are ridiculous. It's a bit easier to trust a conspiracy against the Chinese Communist Party due to their history of misinformation, but it's still most likely an exotic animal mutated disease.

What I'm not sure about is the amount dead.
I zero in on one statistic:

# of people who have caught this virus from another human being in countries other than china.

Based on what I could find this morning that number of people is 3.

This means (to date) out of the entire world population of billions of people there are 3 people infected. I accept this number will likely grow over the coming weeks, however if you were to accept a lot of the media reporting you would think there would already be hundreds of people around the world infected, but that's not the case.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I zero in on one statistic:

# of people who have caught this virus from another human being in countries other than china.

Based on what I could find this morning that number of people is 3.

This means (to date) out of the entire world population of billions of people there are 3 people infected. I accept this number will likely grow over the coming weeks, however if you were to accept a lot of the media reporting you would think there would already be hundreds of people around the world infected, but that's not the case.
The head of the AMA was on MMM Brisbane this morning and pretty much said the same thing. Basically unless you have been to china and/or had direct contact with someone who has shown symptoms, not to worry.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fatality rate is less than 5%.... scientist claiming it could end at less than 3%.

This means it is far less fatal than Ebola, and just a tick less than SARS.

Media beat up...

But I have to say - seeing all these new videos popping up of asians feeding their kids bugs, or women eating bats in a stew has been... well.. intriguing.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I know this is all a media beat-up, however I'm glad that they are taking no chances and being as strict as possible to stop it from becoming serious.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Some estimates say that 50,000-60,000 people in the US die from influenza each year.

I think there should be some perspective when we talk about this Coronavirus.

Of course no one wants to watch it, but:

- The likelihood you will catch it (in Australia), is unbelievably low.
- If you catch it, the likelihood you will die or have long term complications is also incredibly low.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I know this is all a media beat-up, however I'm glad that they are taking no chances and being as strict as possible to stop it from becoming serious.
True.

And notwithstanding my posts about the likelihood of catching it being low - I think it's a good idea to ban all flights from Wuhan (at the very least) for the short term.

We could also look at banning all flights from China but that would be a huge move to make.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Love the "wife of fringe Titans player", er, jab....

(edit: forgot to mention this is from the Betoota Advocate)..

Byron Mum Worried This Coronavirus Might Result In Another Deadly Vaccine

WENDELL HUSSEY | Cadet | CONTACT

Byron mother and online retailer of bespoke Balinese goods Andrea Vachser has today taken to a few online Facebook groups to voice her concerns about big pharma today.

This comes after news broke this morning that Australian scientists have achieved a major breakthrough in the fight against the Coronavirus by manufacturing the virus in a lab – which is a huge step towards developing a vaccine.

However, that global breakthrough has not been received well in the Northern Rivers of NSW or the Northern Shivers as it is also known.

“Here we go again, #notmychild #not my baby,” said the wife of a fringe NRL player for the Gold Coast Titans.

“People are so concerned about the Coronavirus that they are willing to risk their lives letting the government and big pharma develop another deadly vaccine,” she said whilst sipping her cold-pressed arrowroot, carrot and turmeric juice.

“I refuse, they can bully us all they want, but I will not let my children be subjected to governments sanctioned programs like lab rats in a cage.”

The angry mother of Aldous and Petunia then told us that she just can’t believe how the people of this country just roll over and submit.

“5-G, chemtrails, fluoride in the water, the light rail burning and now this latest vaccine, when will people wake up.”

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fatality rate is less than 5%.... scientist claiming it could end at less than 3%.

Media beat up...

But I have to say - seeing all these new videos popping up of asians feeding their kids bugs, or women eating bats in a stew has been... well.. intriguing.
The last Coronavirus had a mortality rate of about 35% but a low infection rate. So this doesn't seem as bad as that one. But it could get worse. Maybe.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Aldous and Petunia lol

Wahesh

Reaction score
Some estimates say that 50,000-60,000 people in the US die from influenza each year.

I think there should be some perspective when we talk about this Coronavirus.

Of course no one wants to watch it, but:

- The likelihood you will catch it (in Australia), is unbelievably low.
- If you catch it, the likelihood you will die or have long term complications is also incredibly low.
Millions of people in Central & South America die each year from Mosquito bites. MILLIONS.

We never hear anything about that.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Millions of people in Central & South America die each year from Mosquito bites. MILLIONS.

We never hear anything about that.
I get the significance placed on the story by the media, but as usual instead of just doing their job they go above and beyond and then create a huge storm.

The way the media has reported this story, you would think hundreds or thousands of people are at risk of dying, but (to date) there are only 4 (or is it 5) people in isolation in all of NSW and each of them are chinese nationals who flew here from Wuhan recently.

Doesn't sound very scary to me.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Asians are some of the most racist peoples around. Not sure why white people get the bad rap.

Go and meet an asian girls parents and ask them whether she would be allowed to date a black/indian/muslim/middle eastern guy.
I did and 20 years later still together

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I did and 20 years later still together
Wasn't saying that asian girls don't marry/date black,indian/muslim/arabs. I was just saying that if you go and talk to the typical asian mum you'll find a lot of resistance to it.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
2 reported cases of people getting it outside China 1 in Japan 1 in Germany give it a week or so and you will know the severity of this thing

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I believe you’re not born racist you’re grown to believe what you’ve been taught.

At the end of the day if we peel back the skin we have the same organs and bleed the same colour blood, red.
I don’t think asians have the same organs , how the fuck do you squat like that?
You squat on chairs lol well my in-laws do.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
yes my previous post I stated most ethnicities are usually critical of their own!

I know a Lebo’s worst enemy is a Lebo for example. Lol
@Wahesh back me up with this one please.
Lebo’s hate lebo cause everything in life to a leb is status.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I watched a programme once where a group of 5 year old were playing..they were half Israelis and half Palestinians.. The were all having a great time...all mixing in.. They filmed the kids 5 years later when they were 10.. This time the Israelis and Palestinian kids wouldn’t mix with each other.. Obviously indoctrinated with the hate from either parents, Teachers, relatives, or media .. Really sad..but illustrates your point exactly..
It’s sad but true in 10 more years they will be firing bullets at each other.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe you’re not born racist you’re grown to believe what you’ve been taught.

At the end of the day if we peel back the skin we have the same organs and bleed the same colour blood, red.
Not true my 1 of my grandmother's is in her 90s when they draw blood it's almost blue I ask if she is part Smurf or something cause that shit ain't normal

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Media beat up...

Another 26 dead 131 now and another 1459 cases it's passed sars for infection count and this is Chinese media so who knows the real extent of it

Status
Not open for further replies.