News Bulldogs look to youth in 2020

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Under Des we made 2 Grandfinals, produced a dally m player of the year and had one of the most exciting seasons in years. People need to stop acting like the entire Des era was all bad.
You were one of his biggest critics?

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey mods...

Any chance you can create a separate section for threads that get hijacked into pointless arguments about the past board/coach?

It’s happening a lot atm and it’s getting quite tedious imo

TheThird

Banned
Reaction score
The club has no option but to look at the youths and lower graders.. we are struggling to attract players with NRL experience.. The count of players rejecting our appraoch but signing elseshwere Ive been told is 7 & thats just in this offseason..

the front office & football dept will have to improve their game if they want to attract good players for 2021.. no one will be coming this offseason..
So those beating about the bleaters claims should STFU with their trolling or admit there are issues in recruitment?

That’s bullshit mate. Excuses or not they are fact based. I support the bulldogs, not any board member or coach. I want what is best for the club and that’s not instant success at the sake of totally fucking things up for years after it. Does that ring a bell?
If you want what is best for the club we support, why are so many of your posts divisive and antagonistic? How is a divided supporter base going to benefit our club?
I've my suspicions as to why, yet for the moment ar least, will keep them to myself.

Funnily enough @Sancho2020 was a big fan of most of those names on that list. Probably explains why he’s so angry
Or maybe it is because a few members here continually attack him and outright dismiss everything he says?
Also TBH with you, I am surprised that you didn't quote proof of your assertions. Can you?

None of those are great achievements.
Maybe, maybe not, yet they can be the foundation that we need to build upon towards something great. They are a starting point.

Well it’s good you can admit that you don’t have alternative suggestions - most taking the same view avoid the question.

The fact is board work is largely in the background, unglamorous and very much thankless. I know first hand and I also know you can never please everyone no matter what you do.

Part of the problem with a footy club is it’s high profile, you’ve got a large base taking an ‘interest’ and having a view, regardless that they are largely not armed with the facts.

Anyway, we’ll soon enough see the outcomes and hopefully all of us as Bulldog fans will have something good to say.
What board did you work for? Are you able to cite evidence of this, or are you just big noting yourself to try and project and air of authorirty for you utilise to to dismiss others opinions?
Also, is it not the job of the board to keep member/investors appropriately informed?
It sounds like what with all the conjecture and speculation, that is not the case.

So Rome was built in 3 days, eh Teddy?
Just imagine if you had your 20 ‘failed’ signings - you could’ve knocked that down to 2 days! :-)

(Never mind we’d be over the cap and likely have some troublemakers which would line the Terrorgraph up to be all over us. Oh! But just a few short hours ago you were arguing about ‘brand destruction’ caused by Mad Monday - which one is it pal - you can’t have it both ways).

PS: my history books say Rome took a lot longer than 3 days to build.
That isa deliberate misquote and you damned well know it! Why lower the forums to that level?

Hey mods...

Any chance you can create a separate section for threads that get hijacked into pointless arguments about the past board/coach?

It’s happening a lot atm and it’s getting quite tedious imo
It wouldn't be an issue or needed if a handful of troublemakers pulled their heads in and stopped baiting other users, who out of passion for our club, can't help but reply to refute their shit.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What board did you work for? Are you able to cite evidence of this, or are you just big noting yourself to try and project and air of authorirty for you utilise to to dismiss others opinions?
Also, is it not the job of the board to keep member/investors appropriately informed?
It sounds like what with all the conjecture and speculation, that is not the case.
I neither will nor have to disclose anything to you - you've proven you can't be trusted with information already.
I have no reason to big note myself and I never dismiss others opinions when they are presented with some sense and reasoning.
To answer your only valid point here - CBBRLC is not a public company, so no, the Directors have no specific requirement to discuss their work.
They offer 3-4 forums per year where members can receive the latest information and ask whatever questions they want - which is more than adequate.
If you are a member of the football club you'd know that you have access to records you may be interested in. If not, oh well.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It wouldn't be an issue or needed if a handful of troublemakers pulled their heads in and stopped baiting other users, who out of passion for our club, can't help but reply to refute their shit.
Is passion for the club restricted to a select few who’s views you agree with or all of us? Biased views live on both sides of the argument and no offence but your multi answer posts have a sniff of you know better than everyone else as well.

It is a chat forum not an inquisition, isn’t it...?

TheThird

Banned
Reaction score
You seem heavily invested for a 'new' member of the forum :-)
Or opinionated.

I neither will nor have to disclose anything to you - you've proven you can't be trusted with information already.
I have no reason to big note myself and I never dismiss others opinions when they are presented with some sense and reasoning.
To answer your only valid point here - CBBRLC is not a public company, so no, the Directors have no specific requirement to discuss their work.
They offer 3-4 forums per year where members can receive the latest information and ask whatever questions they want - which is more than adequate.
If you are a member of the football club you'd know that you have access to records you may be interested in. If not, oh well.
Oh have I?
Unfortunately for you, it is my opinion that you can not validate either assertion, thus your reaction.
Well perhaps that is a part of the issue, lacking in effective communications with followers.

Is passion for the club restricted to a select few who’s views you agree with or all of us? Biased views live on both sides of the argument and no offence but your multi answer posts have a sniff of you know better than everyone else as well.

Oh hell no. I enjoy the constructive critique that the majority afford both each other and myself.
Pfft, I know one, maybe if lucky, two parts of fuckall in the greater picture, like the rest of us here :grinning:

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I tend to struggle with multiple answers
Only went to a public school.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Oh have I?
Unfortunately for you, it is my opinion that you can not validate either assertion, thus your reaction.
Well perhaps that is a part of the issue, lacking in effective communications with followers.
There's nothing unfortunate for me at all champ.

If you feel I must but can't validate something you're entitled to that view.
I can, but I simply don't have to tow your line and I won't - so harp on as much as you like about it.

re: communication - I don't get the sense from most members that they feel short changed on communication coming from the club.
As I pointed out previously - the last time I saw a large % of the membership present and highly invested was the forum in May 2018 where the room was packed, emotions were high and many questions were being asked.
At forums I've attended since then, the numbers have been down, the questions have been fairly short/succinct and the events over in a relatively short space of time.
The club simply has no obligation to report to anyone outside the formal membership - what you previously referred to as 'investors'.

Last edited: