‘I’m sure it’s going to be him’: Lachie Lewis reveals his tip to replace Foran in the halves

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Interesting seeing people's take on Lewis' comments.

Think it's great seeing a youngster full of confidence and clearly he's been told he's starting so you can't knock him for having that confidence to speak. Believe that's a positive thing.

However, need to question why he's been told he's a definite starter and also the content he's speaking about. He didn't have a Stella year last year, think we can all agree on that. For the coach to apparently tell him he's the first starting half is strange imo.

More importantly I think the content is a little off. Came across as a little too self-absorbed, too little talk of the team so to speak. Or maybe that's just the impression I got?

Would've preferred him to come out saying he can't wait for the battle with Cogger and Wakeham, all three are super talented looking to bring the dogs back to the top nah blah blah.

Anyway, my two cents worth

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see cogger and wakeham,start,with Lewis coming of the bench,cause he can cover a few positions,and defensively a very good bench option,,cogger and wakeham,I feel have better kicking games

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: this is true and wakeham is utility spot from round 12. Lewis gets a shot at qld utility in game 3

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: this is true and wakeham is utility spot from round 12. Lewis gets a shot at qld utility in game 3
Our sponsor is due tomorrow according to your original posting. 11am announcement?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you think players read our forum and use it as a factor to decide if they want to join the club?

it wouldn't matter, because supporters of the other teams are no different :laughing:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whatever the case, you would hope that the team will be picked on form and after the pre-season/trials.

But knowing Pay, it wouldn't surprise me if he's made his mind up already and will pick essentially the same lineup with Wakeham rotting in reserves for the first few months of the season..

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck Wakeham as a bench utility. He can't defend in the middle if needed. Just develop him as a proper half.

QLD picked Mbye so anything's possible there!

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Thought this was a pen in his hand... maybe a crack pipe!

In all honesty I think last year was a 2nd year syndrome write off for him. Expecting a big year from him to prove his Bulldog DNA and future club leader. For what its worth, would rather a half with a bit of confidence in him (maybe tone it down a bit till he proves his ability though;) )Screenshot_20200128-193939.jpg

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Post of the year so far Baz.
Cheers mate, it cracks me up that we can so passionate about each other being wrong about this player, that coach or board and yet we all want to hear that song. :tearsofjoy:

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How im reading it is its obvious that Pay has told Lachy that he will get first crack.
I want Wakeham at 7 and Lachy at 6.
But im betting that Pay will play it safe and play Cogger at 7 and Lachy at 6 which will be the same old shit!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Theres not much between Lewis, Cogger and Wakeham. They all have differing abilities.
The coach is in the best position to make his pick. He sees the guys train,
how they conduct themselves, and what they have to offer. Its important that the two who are picked
can compliment each others game.
I think Cogger and Lewis should get first go and Wakeham has to force his way in by his performances,
and the shortcomings of the other two.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And Lewis didn't make it easier on his teammates when he was passing the ball over the sideline.
Your biased is unbelievable. Once you decide you don't like a player, then he is shit, no doubt about it, and no one else's opinions mean shit.
Why do you always have to force your opinions down other peoples throats? Can't you just Let them have their opinions?! Your not the one and only word. The Oracle. FMD.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought this was a pen in his hand... maybe a crack pipe!

In all honesty I think last year was a 2nd year syndrome write off for him. Expecting a big year from him to prove his Bulldog DNA and future club leader. For what its worth, would rather a half with a bit of confidence in him (maybe tone it down a bit till he proves his ability though;) )View attachment 12861
I agree with your last bit - less talking for sure. Also agree confidence can be good for young players, but I didn't see Lewis attack with confidence at all last year. He was looking for plays after he received the ball, instead of knowing what he's going to do before he gets the ball. OK, that comes with experience, but he looked like he'd stopped improving to me. And he's got no options if Plan A doesn't work. He defends with plenty of confidence and ability, but won't or can't take control of things in attack - at least not so far. Wakeham at least showed the ability to take control and organise his team in his rep games. I really want to be wrong about Lewis but I just want to see some ability to take ownership and guide the team around, especially if Pay has him at the top of our halves.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
FMD here we go wakeham is the only genuine Seven we have so we are going to run with cogger/Lewis lol this season might be longer than this off season

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We need a halves coach so badly it’s hurting my brain pay seriously has NFI what he’s doing with these positions