‘I’m sure it’s going to be him’: Lachie Lewis reveals his tip to replace Foran in the halves

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Half’s need to be confident it’s a trait all the best athletes need to have to be successful. What I don’t get is the dumb comment like we’ll get bashed and one of us will get suspended or injured....

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Geez you guys are precious getting stuck in Lachlan for providing a few short positive and confident comments to the media. He has been given the reigns and now it’s make or break. I don’t begrudge him for that opportunity he has been given, nor being confident within himself.
Well said mate. He finished off 2019 strongly and has re-committed to the club despite interest from rival clubs. Good on him for being optimistic about the season ahead.

The comparisons between this and Mbye’s media lip work is ridiculous. Mbye was on 900k and firing blanks week in week out, barely having a dig. Lewis is on barely a third of the cash and has a red hot crack and shows plenty of potential and pride in the badge.

Last edited:

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Half’s need to be confident it’s a trait all the best athletes need to have to be successful. What I don’t get is the dumb comment like we’ll get bashed and one of us will get suspended or injured....
really showing his age with this comment - the smart players achieve the same outcome with minimal injuries/suspensions.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well said mate. He finished off 2019 strongly and has re-committed to the club despite interest for rival clubs. Good on him for being optimistic about the season ahead.

The comparisons between this and Mbye’s media lip work is ridiculous. Mbye was on 900k and firing blanks week in week out, barley having a dig. Lewis is on barely a third of the cash and has a red hot crack and shows plenty of potential and pride in the badge.
Nobody fucking wanted him, turn it up.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I love it how so many people think LL has a big head about being a certain starter? Surely if he is saying this kind of stuff then Pay has told him as much.

It isn't like we have many other options anyway... Get ready for a shit season.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nobody fucking wanted him, turn it up.
I did, and I am sure a couple of others supporters do as well. I found this top secret pre-season training video of the game plan for Lewis in 2020 from coach Pay.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We know the Prince has a great work ethic... I would imagine he has been working hard on his attack during the pre season and we will see a big improvement this year

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lewis and Cogger were always starting the season. Lewis was closest to a sure thing of happening (with Foran out of the equation). Wakeham will come in if an injury occurs or one of Lewis or Cogger are in horrible form. Storm would of accepted Lewis in a swap deal for JAC do we really need to say much more?

Darciemcd

Waterboy
Reaction score
I can confirm that Lachie is nothing but gracious and professional... he speaks eloquently and puts a lot of thought into his answers rather than giving boring and predictable answers that have little to no thought or passion behind them.
He has my respect for being completely honest and as a fan I enjoy getting a bit of insight :relaxed:

Darciemcd

Waterboy
Reaction score
I can confirm that Lachie is nothing but gracious and professional... he speaks eloquently and puts a lot of thought into his answers rather than giving boring and predictable answers that have little to no thought or passion behind them.
He has my respect for being completely honest and as a fan I enjoy getting a bit of insight :relaxed:

P.s He is definitely confident but he's also self aware... I have a quote that I didn't use in the story (because the quote was so short) and he said "I know I'm not Cooper Cronk" he also said that if he was to get dropped “It would be because I deserved it and what’s best for the team but the path to success isn’t a straight line so I’ll go back, work on my stuff and play again.”

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We know the Prince has a great work ethic... I would imagine he has been working hard on his attack during the pre season and we will see a big improvement this year
Let’s hope so, that’s all I’ve got to say..!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Fact of the matter is both Lewis and wakeham have been extended with new contracts.
Cogger not so lucky as yet.
Wakeham not yet. Still expires 2020.
Alleged, but not confirmed.

Lewis extended until end of 2021.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good on someone giving the supporters something to think about in the off season, Foran can still be used as a halves mentor while he is injured.
Lewis is still on a learning curve at this level and will improve.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The sad reality is they are the only halves options available to us.
Lewis will never be a true halfback,
If we get lucky Wakeham or Cogger will rise to stardom,
Otherwise it will be a bleak year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No need to get yourself so worked up about it. But the facts are there was interest, Broncos being one of them.
So you've gone from saying they wanted him to there being interest, make up your mind.