News Bulldogs call for review of rules after Foran salary cap appeal rejected

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate, you keep on talking about recovering from the salary cap woes of the previous board right, well with the current board do you honestly believe we as a club have recovered from the collateral damage Elliot caused on mad Monday.
Destroyed our brand, our standing in the community, and of course sponsors walking..
You dont think it has had a detrimental effect in us gaining a major sponsor?
Yes you mention other factors are at play, but seriously we were a laughing stock, we did not need it.
He brought the club to its knees, and where I sit does not deserve a new contract.
Coffs Harbour did the damage; and the way the media played the story, most people still believe we were guilty on all counts. Ever since then, any hint of scandal just adds to the bias confirmed idea that the Dogs are the nasty boys of league.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Coffs Harbour did the damage; and the way the media played the story, most people still believe we were guilty on all counts. Ever since then, any hint of scandal just adds to the bias confirmed idea that the Dogs are the nasty boys of league.
I agree mate. Some of our supporters still do too despite the facts. The bulldogs sell papers and clicks, especially negative headlines

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So did kia advise us before or after the mad Monday scandal that they were not renewing?

I do not have an allegiance to anyone.

So you want Adam Elliott signed now? Thats a back flip from you, based on previous thoughts.
Most of you were warned that these flogs would lose sponsorship and would not attract a mosquito bite. But hey apparently we are in great shape ‍. Wake the fuck up....... LinkedIn . Keep blaming the previous regime. Oh and we are in a cap crisis yeah? We have money to spend from 2021 and on? BAHAHAHAHA This mob keep telling us lot they want to unearth juniors lmao. Ummmm HOUSTON YOU HAVE A PROBLEM ATTRACTING QUALITY PLAYERS TOO. News flash. We are at rock bottom after 2 seasons with this mob. It's ok though, Lyn was bullfrogs daughter ‍. She was a active board member that sent the titans broke. Married to a bloke that knew he was going bankrupt ahahaha. You couldn't make this shit up if you tried. All good though. You wanted change .
Thank you Teddy. I feel like we're finally getting somewhere :-)
I thought your only beef was the laughable '20 failed signings' but it's clear your disgruntlement runs deeper.
I suspect you have an allegiance issue. Were you cuddly with Ray and co? Still dirty 2 years down the track they were tossed out on their arse?
Before you ask - no - I don't have an allegiance - I want this club back to its best and that means being behind whoever has their hand on the shovel as we dug our way out of an unprecedented steaming pile of number 2's.

So - let's address your points:

- Do you have any evidence that KIA only pay $100k today? I suspect not based on your form with 'failed signings'.
- Jaycar - announced gone before Mad Monday. Based on a supposed float that never happened, by a Wests Tigers supporting mate of Ray, who also tried to drop the club in it after the 2012 GF loss with comments never proven made by Dogs players. Some sponsor - glad to see the back of him. Tick.
- Three Sisters - do you live in the Blue Mountains? :-) i think you mean Wicked Sister. But that's OK. The fact is they couldn't afford the sponsorship as their business was (and remains) struggling. Nothing to do with the club or 'do nothing board'. Tick.
- NRL fine - $250k - um - reduced by 50% on appeal from the 'do nothing board'. Tick (sort of).

The ONLY sponsor to (allegedly) tie their end of association with the club 'due to Mad Monday' was Mr. Gary 'Agenda' Johnston - with claims that were simply not true and likely engineered as a shot across the bow for revenge for his mate Ray.

Now - let's talk replacements. The 'DNB' have brought in Metro Petroleum, Ultimate Security, Waterview and Hitachi - easily replacing 'Three Sisters' :-) and likely Jaycar.

So no mate - Mad Monday cost the club nowhere near what you claim.

Now - other clubs - irrelevant as proven above is that no sponsor walked from the club due to your assumed indiscretions and others have come onboard and/or stayed since (yes, not a major) But mate if you can't recognise the Australian economy is basically standing still, interest rates are a good chance of being cut for the FOURTH time in 12 months next month (yay for mortgage holders, grim for anyone seeking sponsorship/advertising), several retailers closing up shop and discretionary spends COLLAPSING - then I don't know what to tell you - other than it has ZERO to do with Mad Monday and EVERYTHING to do with there being near ZERO business confidence. Let me guess, that's the 'Do Nothing Government', right??

Sorry for facts to inconvenience you Teddy.
And in your effort to blame the board, Adam Elliot and anyone else you try to have a crack at - you've still failed to answer the question - did we fail by not signing Curtis Scott? The answer is a clear NO.
Cheers

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So did kia advise us before or after the mad Monday scandal that they were not renewing?

So you want Adam Elliott signed now? Thats a back flip from you, based on previous thoughts.
After. But to blame their downgraded sponsorship exclusively on Mad Monday as you are trying to do is incorrect.
Did I say I wanted Adam re-signed? No. I think he's a great guy and I admire the work he does with his brother and more broadly in the community but did I say I wanted him re-signed? No. And there's no evidence from the club (at this point) that that will happen. So no backflip Teddy.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It doesn't really surprise me, it will be changed but only when it affects one of the NRL's darling clubs.

As for our case, it's not like there's a five-eighth worth over $350,000 who can be a game changer available on the market for us in 2020 anyway.

Wahesh

Reaction score

Kia is still a sponsor, they just aren't our major sponsor anymore, meaning they aren't on our jersey

Thank f**k for that too, best possible result for us. Still getting their money, but not advertising them.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, I said if it was detrimental to sponsorship.

Never said exclusively, so my question to you did mad Monday have a detrimental effect on renewing or canvassing new sponsorship? Particularly a major
After. But to blame their downgraded sponsorship exclusively on Mad Monday as you are trying to do is incorrect.
Did I say I wanted Adam re-signed? No. I think he's a great guy and I admire the work he does with his brother and more broadly in the community but did I say I wanted him re-signed? No. And there's no evidence from the club (at this point) that that will happen. So no backflip Teddy.

Wahesh

Reaction score

Never said exclusively, so my question to you did mad Monday have a detrimental effect on renewing or canvassing new sponsorship? Particularly a major
Mad Monday itself didn't, but the telecrap blowing it out of proportion certainly didn't help. From what I recall, we received a few sponsors after the incident, including Ultimate Security. I actually think that we will have a major sponsor before the start of the season, so there's probably something happening in the works right now.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Of course. No bad PR is good.
Ask AMP, Westpac or countless other bad corporate news stories of recent times. Damage is done, no-one denies that.

But I also think enough people accept whilst not without fault from the club, much of the whole event was a Terrorgraph beat up. Climbing trees to get the photo proves the agenda and everyone also knows Buzz was a Dib man. No-one representing the club acted without regard to the public. Had we have signed Scott and given what’s happened the blowback would be significantly worse.

Do I think Mad Monday swayed KIA into a downgrade? No, I think there were other reasons. Do I think it’s why we currently haven’t closed a major? No. I’m not aware of any recent bad PR for the Storm and they can’t find a major sponsor either.

I like how we’re holding the line somewhat in value - we can afford to, as opposed to when the Sharks had CSFC on their kit - they had to sell real estate to survive!

It will get resolved.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ask AMP, Westpac or countless other bad corporate news stories of recent times. Damage is done, no-one denies that.

But I also think enough people accept whilst not without fault from the club, much of the whole event was a Terrorgraph beat up. Climbing trees to get the photo proves the agenda and everyone also knows Buzz was a Dib man. No-one representing the club acted without regard to the public. Had we have signed Scott and given what’s happened the blowback would be significantly worse.

Do I think Mad Monday swayed KIA into a downgrade? No, I think there were other reasons. Do I think it’s why we currently haven’t closed a major? No. I’m not aware of any recent bad PR for the Storm and they can’t find a major sponsor either.

I like how we’re holding the line somewhat in value - we can afford to, as opposed to when the Sharks had CSFC on their kit - they had to sell real estate to survive!

It will get resolved.
Kia would’ve walked away immediately or withdrew all sponsorship if they were so worried about mad Monday. The fact that they are still a sponsor of ours AND the fact they are now a major sponsor of a club that has Lodge & Fifita shows they aren’t that phased

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t want to resign Elliot especially if the RUMOURS of his current contract are even close to being true. Which they probably are with back ended deals but broncos make more sense to sponsor, one team town can saturate the market with less competition and reach a bigger audience, they play most Friday night free to air games as well as have a higher avg crowd attendance...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The storm had an incident in Bali, Nelson and vanuvatu

It will get resolved.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The storm had an incident in Bali, Nelson and vanuvatu
Yeah but the Terrorgraph didn't blow that one out of proportion did they? And the Herald-Sun barely touch RL stories.
And I doubt that's the reason the Storm can't find a major - especially a one town team with strong recent success. I'd say it's more to do with the business environment as a whole.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but the Terrorgraph didn't blow that one out of proportion did they? And the Herald-Sun barely touch RL stories.
And I doubt that's the reason the Storm can't find a major - especially a one town team with strong recent success. I'd say it's more to do with the business environment as a whole.
violin stories....

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’re the self proclaimed Godfather, you’d know all about violins, right?

wow dinkum dogs that was a sick burn, you and you comedy script writing team are on fire.... but frankly I just dont know how you can be sooo funny and still find time to be to defend mediocrity. you are a super hero to the simpletons. well done

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
wow dinkum dogs that was a sick burn, you and you comedy script writing team are on fire.... but frankly I just dont know how you can be sooo funny and still find time to be to defend mediocrity. you are a super hero to the simpletons. well done
No-one defends mediocrity champ.
Certainly not your posts here which are the very definition of mediocrity. Actually, that’s probably being a little too kind...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
@DinkumDog how do you know the photographers were in trees?
If you've ever been to the venue (I have many times) you'd know those shots could not have been taken from the street - particularly the angle they were on. They had a vantage point.