Come clean... are you a sucker for a bargain?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i don’t have too many flaws but my weakness is a bargain. It could be a car, a tv, a watch, a Xbox, whatever, I’m just a sucker for a bargain.

When I’m at coles, anything half price or 40% off, I buy. Give me a 2 or one deal and I’m done. Black Friday sales I basically have to place myself under arrest but with online shopping, I still manage to do a deal.

What have you bought that you don’t reall need but because it was a bargain, you couldn’t resist?

I buy a new TV every time there is a big sale, i bought shoes because it was a steal of a deal, when I went to the USA, I spent about $2-3k on clothes but I couldn’t believe the prices, (we get so ripped off in AUS).

If dog food was half price at coles, I think I’d buy it and I don’t even have a dog.

What bargains were too good to resist for you?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm a 35 year old bachelor who does what he wants when he wants!

I don't give a rats ass about a bargain or materialistic shit!

O.k maybe just a few Hugo Boss 3 piece suits to give society the illusion I'm somebody important.

Have you ever seen a tall guy walking the streets in a suit?
The masses part ways like the Red sea!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can take it or leave it, bargain or not.. if I want it I will buy it, price point don’t mean shit, I like materialistic stuff, a sucker for it!! Why not enjoy aye.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will always shop at both stores (Coles and Woolies) because generally I know that if one store doesn't have an item on special, the other will... When you consider how much money you spend on groceries each week, month, year, years... it adds up significantly. I always buy vegan burgers and mince when they're on special, because that shit is exxy... I'm not a vegan but I am a big fan of the Beyond Burger and the Herb & Sons mince

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m a sucker for @Blue_boost threads..even though they are normally like a cheap bargain..sure sometimes you don’t need to have em..but you can’t help but read em!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I’m a sucker for @Blue_boost threads..even though they are normally like a cheap bargain..sure sometimes you don’t need to have em..but you can’t help but read em!
I'm addicted to them too. I can't help myself. Just seeing the thread title is enough for me to know who created it :D

Wahesh

Reaction score
I will always shop at both stores (Coles and Woolies) because generally I know that if one store doesn't have an item on special, the other will... When you consider how much money you spend on groceries each week, month, year, years... it adds up significantly. I always buy vegan burgers and mince when they're on special, because that shit is exxy... I'm not a vegan but I am a big fan of the Beyond Burger and the Herb & Sons mince
Be careful though brother. While both stores are guilty of it, Woollies are notorious for having transfat in almost all their products. Coles do, but they have plenty of items that don't have it either.

Even if trans is like <0.01g that's still too much.

Wahesh

Reaction score
i don’t have too many flaws but my weakness is a bargain. It could be a car, a tv, a watch, a Xbox, whatever, I’m just a sucker for a bargain.

When I’m at coles, anything half price or 40% off, I buy. Give me a 2 or one deal and I’m done. Black Friday sales I basically have to place myself under arrest but with online shopping, I still manage to do a deal.

What have you bought that you don’t reall need but because it was a bargain, you couldn’t resist?

I buy a new TV every time there is a big sale, i bought shoes because it was a steal of a deal, when I went to the USA, I spent about $2-3k on clothes but I couldn’t believe the prices, (we get so ripped off in AUS).

If dog food was half price at coles, I think I’d buy it and I don’t even have a dog.

Die cast cars. Although I look at them as in investment in a way. Buy now, sell in 30 years for 10 times the price.

My only regret is not doing this all my life.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Die cast cars. Although I look at them as in investment in a way. Buy now, sell in 30 years for 10 times the price.

My only regret is not doing this all my life.
Ahhh Star Wars figures..had what is now considered sort after ones..but unfortunately did what kids do..play with em!!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Ahhh Star Wars figures..had what is now considered sort after ones..but unfortunately did what kids do..play with em!!
Mate the same with Ninja Turtles figurines and G.I. Joes that I had as a kid.

The G.I. Joe figurines are over $100.

The original TMNT figurines are now $1500 a piece.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate the same with Ninja Turtles figurines and G.I. Joes that I had as a kid.

The G.I. Joe figurines are over $100.

The original TMNT figurines are now $1500 a piece.

:confused:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Be careful though brother. While both stores are guilty of it, Woollies are notorious for having transfat in almost all their products. Coles do, but they have plenty of items that don't have it either.

Even if trans is like <0.01g that's still too much.

Beyond Burger is an American brother brother, and I don't believe Herb & Sons are a Coles owned brand... but cheers for the heads up anyway, as I do buy other Coles/Woolies brand items

Wahesh

Reaction score
Beyond Burger is an American brother brother, and I don't believe Herb & Sons are a Coles owned brand... but cheers for the heads up anyway, as I do buy other Coles/Woolies brand items
Same, but if any contains any trans, even the smallest amount... forget about it.

Smiths chips for one has trans and are off my shopping list.

upload_2020-1-28_9-35-13.png

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like it when TED is on special at the bottlo, looking for a cheap rifle.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same, but if any contains any trans, even the smallest amount... forget about it.

Smiths chips for one has trans and are off my shopping list.

View attachment 12851

What about natural trans fats? no? I also believe that we should be shopping at 80/20 ratio or 90/10 even... the lower numbers being in the aisles and the higher being produce, etc.. there is not much of substance within those aisles

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You do realise that when they put that original figure on the tag, then cross it out, then put a figure 40% lower, that the original figure was 60% above what you normally pay anyway?

Wahesh

Reaction score
What about natural trans fats? no? I also believe that we should be shopping at 80/20 ratio or 90/10 even... the lower numbers being in the aisles and the higher being produce, etc.. there is not much of substance within those aisles
I try to steer clear of them altogether.

Trans fats raise your bad (LDL) cholesterol levels and lower your good (HDL) cholesterol levels. Eating trans fats increases your risk of developing heart disease and stroke. It's also associated with a higher risk of developing type 2 diabetes.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I try to steer clear of them altogether.

Trans fats raise your bad (LDL) cholesterol levels and lower your good (HDL) cholesterol levels. Eating trans fats increases your risk of developing heart disease and stroke. It's also associated with a higher risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
Never redtube trans fats