I Guess This Is What Pay Meant By Bringing Back The Madness :)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nah, they are fitter and stronger and better training methods today but that doesn't make them any tougher. Half of the problem with players these days is attitude and liking each other too much. All that kissing and catch up crap after full time..You should be pissed off and disappointed when beaten, shake hands and get to the sheds. Catch up later if you want to.
What's that got to do with being more powerful? Players today would physically dominate players of the past with ease.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What's that got to do with being more powerful? Players today would physically dominate players of the past with ease.
No they wouldn't, if they (then and now) both trained like 1994 or both like 2019 they would hold there own and I reckon the older mob probably have an edge in toughness.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
A big difference between then and now is back then you had so much more freedom to dump spuds from your team. With the cap and top 30 you’re stuck with a bad player for as long as they are contracted these days.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No they wouldn't, if they (then and now) both trained like 1994 or both like 2019 they would hold there own and I reckon the older mob probably have an edge in toughness.
Yes they absolutely would because we're comparing today's athletes vs past athletes, 2019 is training like 2019 and 1994 is training like 1994.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Prince of Penzance saluted at 100/1.. not quite a donkey as it also won a Mooney Valley Cup, but was nowhere near a Makybe Diva, Think Big or Kingston Town.
Your missing the point. What I have said is you cannot bring back the madness if you do not have the players capable of doing it.
The current lot of players are not capable of such madness.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Your missing the point. What I have said is you cannot bring back the madness if you do not have the players capable of doing it.
Bahaha

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes they absolutely would because we're comparing today's athletes vs past athletes, 2019 is training like 2019 and 1994 is training like 1994.
You are confused, I am saying if a team from now played a team of players from 1994 that trained etc like they do now they would not be any better and I reckon today's team might not be as tough.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You are confused, I am saying if a team from now played a team of players from 1994 that trained etc like they do now they would not be any better and I reckon today's team might not be as tough.
Fair enough.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
You seem to think you know the madness. This 2020 season I’m going to need to watch every game and give each Bulldog player a madness rating. 1 being no madness 10 being completely madness. Your going to have to post your results on the kennel for us.If you don’t do this speedy you will forever the deluded tard you are

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You seem to think you know the madness. This 2020 season I’m going to need to watch every game and give each Bulldog player a madness rating. 1 being no madness 10 being completely madness. Your going to have to post your results on the kennel for us.If you don’t do this speedy you will forever the deluded tard you are
Hahaha I love it. Let’s have a madness thread for each round!

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How could you not love the Dogs??? Canterbury v Manly one of the most explosive openings to a game :grinning:
Incidentally Pay was the captain.....now if he could coach like he could lead the team on the field we would all be very happy Kennelers.

Sorry about the quality guys. Rugby League at it's best!!!

1994 Winfield Cup Round 16 Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles at Belmore Sports Ground. It was on between the two sides very early on with big hits, brawls and sledging. The main players Martin Bella, Jason Smith, Dean Pay, Craig Polla-Mounter, Mark Carroll, Ian Roberts, David Gillespie, Terry Hill and Matthew Ridge.
Ya gotta love that stuff. Must have been a few sore boys after that !

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You don't think Napa is capable of some ranga madness
Chris Smith looks to me like he wouldn't mind a bit of it
To'omaga certainly has some in his game, he's from Porirua, they're all a bit crazy.
As for that crazy Samoan Sue, how many times has he been suspended for high tackles, dangerous contact ..... just his shot on Cronk dispels any myths about him not being able to bring the madness.

They'e not all angels you know :imp:

Go Dogs