bad attitude
Reaction score

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What's the salary cap in super league?
My guess is that like most other Pomms who venture to the NRL it's about challenges and testing themselves out in the best comp. He will get good coin to do it anyways so money may not be enough to keep him over there. I think he will follow his coach anyways and we have no hope in signing him.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phuck him then
Up the ante on fifita, move his mum to Sydney..
Let's show them what we mean by being a family club.
My guess is that like most other Pomms who venture to the NRL it's about challenges and testing themselves out in the best comp. He will get good coin to do it anyways so money may not be enough to keep him over there. I think he will follow his coach anyways and we have no hope in signing him.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
In June 2015 8 of the 12 Super League clubs voted to allow a Marquee Player that can exceed a clubs salary cap as long as they can afford their wages.
Just copied and pasted that from Wikipedia. Soo he’s contract could be anything

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In June 2015 8 of the 12 Super League clubs voted to allow a Marquee Player that can exceed a clubs salary cap as long as they can afford their wages.
Just copied and pasted that from Wikipedia. Soo he’s contract could be anything
Which is how SBW can be paid the GDP of a small country...

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree - I still would’ve like to have seen how the Paul brothers would’ve gone in the NRL, surely they will always wonder that also?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've resigned myself to the fact that we won't be signing anyone decent lol.
Yup, because as it stands, the ones we want and seem so very close to getting end up being a bust.. seems to be the main theme at the moment, very depressing to be honest..!! So close yet wayyyy to far.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the way the NRL is currently run and the way Aussie media froth on NRL scandals moreso than the reporting of the actual game, it wouldn’t surprise me if the number of Poms coming to NRL reduces. Especially if salaries are similar.
From my experience, in the UK, the only sport the media cares about is football/soccer.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
if he doesn’t want to come them fuck him we have tolman :grimacing:

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If that’s legit, then the board will get a major tick from me.

Hopefully they didn’t pay much, but if my sources are correct, it’s not just a steal for the price, it’s a highway robbery.
That’s just a signed photo of him ? Not anything saying he signed with us haha that was a gee up clicking on that

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe he did sign and pulled out during cooling off??? Cause a 10 day cooling off ended ages ago.
A few Dog supporters have asked him if he is coming to us on his Insta page..
But he never replies..he only needs to confirm or deny
But these players won’t indulge anyone but themselves..
It is interesting that he follows the Dogs on Insta though
Dog 4 Life

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
A few Dog supporters have asked him if he is coming to us on his Insta page..
But he never replies..he only needs to confirm or deny
But these players won’t indulge anyone but themselves..
It is interesting that he follows the Dogs on Insta though
Dog 4 Life
Yeah well when some said a few weeks back that he’d signed and was in cooling off and I heard he was following the dogs page on Insta I figured maybe it’s legit... but appears to be dragging out so I doubt he has signed (hope I am wrong)