Addo Carr

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
From what I’ve seen Lewis and Cogger have far better rounded overall games at this point.

I’m not counting those substandard internationals as any sort of form guide. To say that Wakeham should be a lock for the 7 jersey in first grade based on those fixtures is like saying an impressive benchmark 58 winner at Warwick should claim an Everest slot.

One things for sure - there’s plenty of good judges like Pay and Shifty overseeing our halves and I’m sure they’ll make the right for Round 1. Whichever way they go I’ll back.
Let’s see how this lays out

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
From what I’ve seen Lewis and Cogger have far better rounded overall games at this point.

I’m not counting those substandard internationals as any sort of form guide. To say that Wakeham should be a lock for the 7 jersey in first grade based on those fixtures is like saying an impressive benchmark 58 winner at Warwick should claim an Everest slot.

One things for sure - there’s plenty of good judges like Pay and Shifty overseeing our halves and I’m sure they’ll make the right for Round 1. Whichever way they go I’ll back.
Hopefully the pay from the end of the season not the start as his selections at the start were atrocious

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dunno why people bag Lewis’ kicking game. His left boot is an absolute wand compared to the shit Mbye served up for years.
I remember all those years of not being able to receive even as much as a drop out from our halves... it was either kicked dead, or kicked into opposition legs.. Lewis has had results both with long and short kicking.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I remember all those years of not being able to receive even as much as a drop out from our halves... it was either kicked dead, or kicked into opposition legs.. Lewis has had results both with long and short kicking.
As I’ve stated before I’m on the fence with Lewis I don’t hate him I think he needs to be in the team but i think Wakeham has him in the half department.
I wouldn’t mind JAC swap for Lewis

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As I’ve stated before I’m on the fence with Lewis I don’t hate him I think he needs to be in the team but i think Wakeham has him in the half department.
oh bro, I am definitely a fan of Wakeham, and I am hopeful he is a long term solution in the halves.. but I won't be upset if they continue to ease him in over the course of the season rather than start him from round 1

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
oh bro, I am definitely a fan of Wakeham, and I am hopeful he is a long term solution in the halves.. but I won't be upset if they continue to ease him in over the course of the season rather than start him from round 1
Make him like a Thurston type backup then lose him lol.
I wouldn’t mind him start to be honest he can only get better.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Trading a half for a winger while we’re short on depth in the halves and rich in wingers doesn’t seem like particularly good business to me.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Make him like a Thurston type backup then lose him lol.
I wouldn’t mind him start to be honest he can only get better.
haha nah Thurston was actually behind quality (at the time).. I'm thinking just to start the season and then have him in full time by the end of year.. but if they start him from round 1, so be it.. he's got a level of maturity about him that suggests he will handle it

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
JAC is not your average winger his a super star.
Yes indeed... the fox is a superstar, but the longer the pages keep piling up an the more we want him the less likely it seems.!!!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Foran was a massive reason we had those wins at the end so with him gone where are our points coming from? Lewis hopefully has developed an attacking game

Coggers has his moments

Wakeham by far the better attacking weapon

Our biggest issue is scoring points so let’s start with that mindset and we might have a solid season

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Foran was a massive reason we had those wins at the end so with him gone where are our points coming from? Lewis hopefully has developed an attacking game

Coggers has his moments

Wakeham by far the better attacking weapon

Our biggest issue is scoring points so let’s start with that mindset and we might have a solid season
Too true! If only some supposed ‘kennelers’ see the light.

I can’t see us scoring too many. Banking on our defence which we might have a chance with.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You gotta ask why he is hellbent on changing managers, just like latrell did.
Understand he is aligning himself with that rose fella, same as latrell.
100% agree. Just can't see it happening anymore if I'm honest.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
14 pages lol, I guess the pages will roll until someone signs .... fuck the off season, be nice to get a little stability back again.. don’t get me wrong, we starting to get that again but be good once we are content and fully settled as a club again.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You gotta ask why he is hellbent on changing managers, just like latrell did.
Understand he is aligning himself with that rose fella, same as latrell.
It's just not going to happen.

Only way we'll get players if it's done quickly.

Dog 2195

Waterboy
Reaction score
Addo Car,Dogs not interested in him , his heart is with Souths

Last edited: