Addo Carr

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Can't run, can ball play. What fucking A game does he have hahaha.
Only time he looks good is when he fools the opposition by being so unorthodox and picking the worst or most outlandish option after confusing himself lol

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lewis needs to be in the team, I don't give a fuck... not everybody is an attacking machine when they are only 20 odd games in playing behind a struggling pack
Get that I really do. But has he honestly shown any sign that he can put on a try? That he can pull off some magic to win the game? And if he has, that he can do that consistently?

These are honest questions btw. Not having a go at all. Really interested as most people seem to be against him, and statistics seem to back them up that he really isn't much more than a glorified tackling maching. Great for a forward but for a half?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis needs to be in the team, I don't give a fuck... not everybody is an attacking machine when they are only 20 odd games in playing behind a struggling pack
I won’t agree or disagree I will wait an see ;)

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get that I really do. But has he honestly shown any sign that he can put on a try? That he can pull off some magic to win the game? And if he has, that he can do that consistently?

These are honest questions btw. Not having a go at all. Really interested as most people seem to be against him, and statistics seem to back them up that he really isn't much more than a glorified tackling maching. Great for a forward but for a half?
There are not many examples to point to for you. The long range field goal against the Warriors comes to mind and the last round game against the broncs I thought Lewis showed a touch of magic with some nice TAs. Can’t think of too many other attacking examples on a consistent basis.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has to be lewis/wakeham but guaranteed pay go safe and pick cogger at 7 id pick cogger on bench as insurance

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

He has had his moments.. when he had Martin and the Morris twins playing off him he looked more comfortable.. even in the trial last year he looked good... I really think the start to the season knocked his confidence about and it was probably a blessing in disguise if anything as like a lot of younger players today he is quite the cocky lad.... if he doesn't improve in attack this year then it's a problem, but I think we will see big improvements

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has had his moments.. when he had Martin and the Morris twins playing off him he looked more comfortable.. even in the trial last year he looked good... I really think the start to the season knocked his confidence about and it was probably a blessing in disguise if anything as like a lot of younger players today he is quite the cocky lad.... if he doesn't improve in attack this year then it's a problem, but I think we will see big improvements
His facial expressions are priceless :grinning:

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Everyone’s underestimating Lewis shifty is workin on him you watch the change if he’s half we need downtown and he can give us that ,anyhow time will tell , wakehams a back up that’s all
Big call , bro go watch them both play and tell me who’s a natural footballer?
Wakeham is more elite in skill level Lewis is more of a one dimension player.
By the way not hating on Lewis I like him but he is not better than Wakeham.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not being a hater. But that was such a wonky kick. Didn’t come off the boot at all. very lucky Play. Great result in the end though which glosses over a lot.
Yeah wasn’t the best of the boot but he kicked into space and it worked out well!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is very unorthodox but still had more results off his boot than a lot of the other guys we have played in the halves over the past 5 years.. with the help of Shifty here's hoping they can have him producing more frequently

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Big call , bro go watch them both play and tell me who’s a natural footballer?
Wakeham is more elite in skill level Lewis is more of a one dimension player.
By the way not hating on Lewis I like him but he is not better than Wakeham.
Yet to see Wakeham find any fluency in his game at NRL level. Very much still an apprentice.

Cogger and Lewis will be our halves pairing R1 on merit.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Dunno why people bag Lewis’ kicking game. His left boot is an absolute wand compared to the shit Mbye served up for years.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Yet to see Wakeham find any fluency in his game at NRL level. Very much still an apprentice.

Cogger and Lewis will be our halves pairing R1 on merit.
The 3 games he played was more than enough to prove he needs to be in the team.
First game set up 2 tries and scored one himself.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go watch the eels game end of year and the broncos game end of year, and the warriors final game 2018. Kid is inproving and his defence is rock solid

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The 3 games he played was more than enough to prove he needs to be in the team.
First game set up 2 tries and scored one himself.
From what I’ve seen Lewis and Cogger have far better rounded overall games at this point.

I’m not counting those substandard internationals as any sort of form guide. To say that Wakeham should be a lock for the 7 jersey in first grade based on those fixtures is like saying an impressive benchmark 58 winner at Warwick should claim an Everest slot.

One things for sure - there’s plenty of good judges like Pay and Shifty overseeing our halves and I’m sure they’ll make the right for Round 1. Whichever way they go I’ll back.