I Guess This Is What Pay Meant By Bringing Back The Madness :)

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How could you not love the Dogs??? Canterbury v Manly one of the most explosive openings to a game :grinning:
Incidentally Pay was the captain.....now if he could coach like he could lead the team on the field we would all be very happy Kennelers.

Sorry about the quality guys. Rugby League at it's best!!!

1994 Winfield Cup Round 16 Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles at Belmore Sports Ground. It was on between the two sides very early on with big hits, brawls and sledging. The main players Martin Bella, Jason Smith, Dean Pay, Craig Polla-Mounter, Mark Carroll, Ian Roberts, David Gillespie, Terry Hill and Matthew Ridge.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Cheers for this. Any time watching the Dogs on top is great. Against Manly makes it that much better :-).

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Manly cheapshots all day

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Who could forget Ridge. One of Manly's all time ???

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When I heard that the dogs were playing Manly at Belmore in 2020 this game automatically came to mind.... No doubt the board would have been behind it and I'm all for it!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Just going over the detail:

- 1994 - where was Baa? Not named as injured in the team list. Suspended?
- Two players against their old clubs - the male model Munster and Cement.
- Fatty Vautin bias in commentary: ‘There’s nothing in that’ (head high shot).
- Old school commentary: ‘Got him around around the Gregory Peck’ and ‘How’s ya father’.
- Shoulder charges.

Ahhh, the good old days.
Reg Reagan was right: Bring back the Biff :-)

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bet these two sides didnt hang after the final whistle chatting, laughing and sharing tips on which hair product works best game day. All Dogs running the ball with intent. I think Pay is returning that love and pride of Jersey in our current squad, hopefully he can inject a bit of mongrel too.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
When I heard that the dogs were playing Manly at Belmore in 2020 this game automatically came to mind.... No doubt the board would have been behind it and I'm all for it!
Especially with the Despot coaching the Beagles. Adds even more spice :-).

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Especially with the Despot coaching the Beagles. Adds even more spice :-).
To date Parra, Seagles, Roosters and Broncos have always been those games that give a little more. Pleasure to see at least one of them played at Belmore.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
To date Parra, Seagles, Roosters and Broncos have always been those games that give a little more. Pleasure to see at least one of them played at Belmore.
I guess Des faced Brookie when he coached us, he probably won’t be too fazed coming to Belmore. But geez I hope we lift and hammer the silvertails.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I guess Des faced Brookie when he coached us, he probably won’t be too fazed coming to Belmore. But geez I hope we lift and hammer the silvertails.
I don't think Des will be fazed but I know he will be missing a lot of his toys he left behind. The go go gadget man has nothing to play with at Brookie :grinning:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think Des will be fazed but I know he will be missing a lot of his toys he left behind. The go go gadget man has nothing to play with at Brookie :grinning:
True. And someone was suggesting we’re in danger of folding/amalgamation? Manly are a basket case financially, even the Penns stopped throwing good money after bad and they have plenty of the folding stuff. Willie Mason said recently that as late as 2015 when he played there they got changed in the boots of their cars, so bad were the facilities. No wonder Barrett kicked up such a stink and then bailed.