News Bulldogs look to youth in 2020

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2012 was barba’s peek and had nothing to do with des .
He got something though in that off season with Des.

Because the year prior he couldn't tackle worth a shit not could he catch the high ball.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes but what happened when the NRL banned that play??
Des shit himself and didn’t know what to do.
Doesn't really matter for the point in making, which was he didn't inherit a good team in 2012. It was average and he got them playing well above themselves. He had players like Halatau and Payne, Inu, Stagg playing out of their skin's.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Doesn't really matter for the point in making, which was he didn't inherit a good team in 2012. It was average and he got them playing well above themselves. He had players like Halatau and Payne, Inu, Stagg playing out of their skin's.
I disagree we had a good team and same as every other team that has a new coach everyone play’s out of their skin.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I disagree we had a good team and same as every other team that has a new coach everyone play’s out of their skin.
We had a team that had made the finals ONCE in the past four years prior to Des signing lol. It was far from good.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So a shit team call make the grandfinal with a good coach??
Wow.
Well he kind of did it again in 2014 lol. We had a back three of Perret, Brown and Thompson LOL.

I never said it was a shit team.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Well he kind of did it again in 2014 lol. We had a back three of Perret, Brown and Thompson LOL.

I never said it was a shit team.
You didn’t say it was a good team, I guess roosters are an ok team but must have the best coach in the world.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You didn’t say it was a good team, I guess roosters are an ok team but must have the best coach in the world.
I didn't say it was a good team because it wasn't, making 1 finals series in four years shows us that.

I'll just leave it at that tbh lol. Seems like we're going round and round. You think the team in 2012 was good team to inherit and I think it was average.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I didn't say it was a good team because it wasn't, making 1 finals series in four years shows us that.

I'll just leave it at that tbh lol. Seems like we're going round and round. You think the team in 2012 was good team inherit and I think it was average.
Yeah I guess so but you can’t deny des screwed the club and Become a shit coach that destroyed our club.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I guess so but you can’t deny des screwed the club and Become a shit coach that destroyed our club.
Watching us and his style of coaching at the end would literally have me screaming at the T.V. so loud I would nearly pass out and see stars lol

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des single handily destroyed our club 80 minutes from being a hero? He couldn’t even handle 2012 grandfinal after 20 minutes. Bellamy fucked his game plan and des was left standing there scratching his head.
2014 was the biggest fluke to make the grandfinal but again des had no answer and the game was gone by half time.
So let me ask you this what’s so great about this so called super coach?
The backend deals?

never dropping a player for bad form?

Releasing great players and replacing them with duds.

One out plays?

No last tackle option?

Said no to Munster no to Mitchell?

Bought woods ????

Let go of 2 of our best captains?

Do I need to go on, if you think his a good coach then you my friend must hate the bulldogs.
Man that is so true. I am not Pay's biggest fan but at least he has balls to drop players for poor form and players come back better because of it. From what I saw at the back end of last year, the players are starting to buy into the culture that he and the board are trying to implement. And in the words of Tony Grimaldi "Thank god we got rid of the Manly crap".

Last edited:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like deano.
The bloke has said it himself, he needs some quality players to help him and the team.
Unfortunately, if things don't go well this year, the do nothing board will make him the scapegoat to save their asses from the noise.
Man that is so true. I am not Pay's biggest fan but at least he has balls to drop players for poor form and players come back better because of it. From what I saw at the back end of last year, the players are starting to buy into the culture that he and the board are trying to implement. And in the words of Tony Grimaldi "Thank god we got rid of the Manly crap".

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I like deano.
The bloke has said it himself, he needs some quality players to help him and the team.
Unfortunately, if things don't go well this year, the do nothing board will make him the scapegoat to save their asses from the noise.
But why would they need to do that when they're about to be re-elected on a 2 year term?
And how was this related to @s-704's post who was referring to culture and eradication of insular peninsula poison?
Confusing, Teddy. Confusing...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well there not going to sack him just before their next 2 year term is up now are they? ( if lucky)
Ray tried to do that.

The pressure and the challenges are on right now, no major, recruitment, etc, but a losing football team and even worse, consecutively, that's when the major and recruitment will be magnified ten fold.....

So what will they do? To suppress the noise?
More fan forums?
More excuses?
The supporters will want more than that mate.
But why would they need to do that when they're about to be re-elected on a 2 year term?
And how was this related to @s-704's post who was referring to culture and eradication of insular peninsula poison?
Confusing, Teddy. Confusing...