Addo Carr

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, we struggled to create points and if DWZ can't be the creative outlet at fullback we need then we're going to need someone else. I don't care how hard he runs, how well he defends, you simply need that creative outlet from fullback these days.

The same applies to Lewis, his vision is rubbish, bloke constantly looks towards the sideline and ignores pretty much every other area of the field. Played about 17 games and not once did he link up with CHN like any half decent half would, Wakeham done it minimal game time while Foran also drifted across field at times and linked up.

Labelling players as your running half or whatnot is irrelevant these days, players need to be able to execute various roles, especially within the spine where they're essentially your four points of attack. Obviously players will be better at some stuff than others and you will try to steer them towards their strengths, but the need to execute different roles is still very much needed.

Our side this season simply needs to score more points that absolutely has to be the key focus and that will be addressed with better offensive systems and better players that can execute them. If our spine is going to be what we finished the season with then they're going to have to have improve out of sight this pre season, if not then they're once again going to severely limit us down to them being so limited with the ball in hand.
Well if shifty sherwin doesn’t improve our halves then we’re fucked
Doesn't matter, we struggled to create points and if DWZ can't be the creative outlet at fullback we need then we're going to need someone else. I don't care how hard he runs, how well he defends, you simply need that creative outlet from fullback these days.

The same applies to Lewis, his vision is rubbish, bloke constantly looks towards the sideline and ignores pretty much every other area of the field. Played about 17 games and not once did he link up with CHN like any half decent half would, Wakeham done it minimal game time while Foran also drifted across field at times and linked up.

Labelling players as your running half or whatnot is irrelevant these days, players need to be able to execute various roles, especially within the spine where they're essentially your four points of attack. Obviously players will be better at some stuff than others and you will try to steer them towards their strengths, but the need to execute different roles is still very much needed.

Our side this season simply needs to score more points that absolutely has to be the key focus and that will be addressed with better offensive systems and better players that can execute them. If our spine is going to be what we finished the season with then they're going to have to have improve out of sight this pre season, if not then they're once again going to severely limit us down to them being so limited with the ball in hand.
i agree with you. But I’m sure Dwz will work on that now he has a full pre season with us. Foran our hurts us and wakeham should be in the side. I think Lewis has this season to prove himself take control of the team. Hopefully we score a decent half but there isn’t much on the open market.
Cogger if he’s defence was great I’d have him and wakeham as our halves.
But hopefully shifty sherwin takes the halves to another level. Will just have to wait and see.
I’m impatiently waiting for the season to start!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
no way this is true. Even a below average recruitment team such as ours wouldn’t be stupid enough to offer the Australian winger 350k to “test his genuineness” lol
Hate to say it but I feel you are giving our recruitment team too much credit :grinning: They haven't filled me with any confidence this off season. Every other roster seems to have added strength and skill to their sides through their recruiting drives, where we seem to rejoice at re signing the players we already have........hahahaha some one please shoot me :grinning:

Last edited:

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hate to say it but I feel you are giving our recruitment team too much credit :grinning: They haven't filled me with any confidence this off season. Every other roster seems to have added strength and skill to their sides through their recruiting drives, where we seem to rejoice at re signing the players we already have........hahahaha some one please shoot me :grinning:
Not all teams recruited better then us..
Stimson is a great line running backrower
Britt hasn’t had much first grade but is solid in defence and runs hard.
Katoa was average at the panthers but showed potential in nines and Tonga..
it’s definitely a start

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Titans have recruited shit so have the dragons and storm warriors

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Only teams that have recruited good are raiders cowboys panthers and eels

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Only teams that have recruited good are raiders cowboys panthers and eels
Id list more.

Roosters added Flanagan.

Sharks Raimen.

Bunnies latrell. Arrow maybe early if not already for next year.

Tigers adding Bj is a step up on our centres if it happens ffs.

Also it’s hard to Compare us to the storm recruitment when they have a lot more players worth retaining.

Regardless the issue is simple. If any truth to that rubbish about addo carr we are clowns and no wonder we can’t land anyone of high caliber and demand.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Id list more.

Roosters added Flanagan.

Sharks Raimen.

Also it’s hard to Compare us to the storm recruitment when they have a lot more players worth retaining.

Regardless the issue is simple. If any truth to that rubbish about addo carr we are clowns and no wonder we can’t land anyone of high caliber and demand.
Sharks recruited a centre when they already have 10 wouldn’t claim that as a good signing.
Rabbits yeah fair call they done alright
And roosters getting flananagan isn’t nothing to be proud of really he’s no Cronk

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Id list more.

Roosters added Flanagan.

Sharks Raimen.

If it's anywhere near accurate, the players and managers be laughin. JAC wants out of premiership team in Storm cos of low contract money...

Bulldogs offer him the same coin he's on?

Ughmmm yes great stategy. He would def be impressed with our competitive offer of same money...good way of testing his sincerity not.

We'd be failing his and his manager's sincerity test of our club's intensions of recruiting a current Test player.

Let's hope it's more rubbish from rubbish journos cos if true, we are waay off competing in the marketplace.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Firstly, who’s responsible for the $950k rumour, cos that’s beyond laughable and I’m not surprised it didn’t gain much traction.

I’m guessing the $350k offer was prior to getting a ruling on the Foz cap relief, meaning the club could offer more now.

Whether they will or not, is the question. Doesn’t matter, Greenturd will make another ruling to allow Souffs another $1m in cap relief to sign the Fox

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
everybody is losing their shit over this JAC thing... only few wingers are so important to a team that they command top dollar... I would be absolutely livid if we invested a large amount of our cap into a guy who gets manhandled by the better defensive outfits

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If JAC was offered $350K, is it because its all we have in the can?
Or, is the money we are saving is for someone better?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well if shifty sherwin doesn’t improve our halves then we’re fucked

i agree with you. But I’m sure Dwz will work on that now he has a full pre season with us. Foran our hurts us and wakeham should be in the side. I think Lewis has this season to prove himself take control of the team. Hopefully we score a decent half but there isn’t much on the open market.
Cogger if he’s defence was great I’d have him and wakeham as our halves.
But hopefully shifty sherwin takes the halves to another level. Will just have to wait and see.
I’m impatiently waiting for the season to start!
Wakeham should 100% be the halfback come round 1 and actually be allowed to play the role of halfback for us, not just stick him on an edge. If we can't get something like this right then I have massive doubts over us getting anything else right.

But yes we will just have to wait and see, club has provided fuck all for us fans so we know very little about what's going on with preseason ATM.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Wakeham should 100% be the halfback come round 1 and actually be allowed to play the role of halfback for us, not just stick him on an edge. If we can't get something like this right then I have massive doubts over us getting anything else right.

But yes we will just have to wait and see, club has provided fuck all for us fans so we know very little about what's going on with preseason ATM.
yeah definitely let wakeham play his game. He was so good for Fiji. And he even has his short pass to the second rowers like you were talking about. He sent kikau over the line a couple times and he’s a gun goal kicker!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
yeah definitely let wakeham play his game. He was so good for Fiji. And he even has his short pass to the second rowers like you were talking about. He sent kikau over the line a couple times and he’s a gun goal kicker!
It was great to see him constantly in and around the ruck instead did glued to an edge, he could actually scan the defence from where he was and push players to areas he wanted before chiming in and coming up with the money play.

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Well said Sancho2020. Definitely know what your talking about. Wakeham is more effective playing both sides of the field and playing what he see's.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

I agree.. They have to chance their arm because he has that bit of X factor about him that we haven't seen in a very long time. I like Cogger so I feel bad saying it but he's a bit of that Hokko/Nathan Cleary type mould..

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

From the few shots I’ve seen Cogger is calling the shots behind the main players .....