Breakfast

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For good health is it what you eat or what you don't eat?

For example if I eat a bowl of plain Greek yogurt with fruit salad and nuts but then eat a Vegemite toast with coffee am I actually more healthy than if I only ate the lower calorie toast n coffee?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

For example if I eat a bowl of plain Greek yogurt with fruit salad and nuts but then eat a Vegemite toast with coffee am I actually more healthy ?

depends on the type of bread, and how you have your coffee

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score

For example if I eat a bowl of plain Greek yogurt with fruit salad and nuts but then eat a Vegemite toast with coffee am I actually more healthy than if I only ate the lower calorie toast n coffee?
I'd think so. Putting the healthy stuff in would surely be more beneficial? Who knows these days though, whatever is supposedly good for you to eat is usually at some stage shot down as being bad for your health in the same breath (eggs being an example).
Wash it all down with plenty of vino at the end of the day and you will live happy and healthy (well maybe not healthy but happy!).

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd think so. Putting the healthy stuff in would surely be more beneficial? Who knows these days though, whatever is supposedly good for you to eat is usually at some stage shot down as being bad for your health in the same breath (eggs being an example).
Wash it all down with plenty of vino at the end of the day and you will live happy and healthy (well maybe not healthy but happy!).
this nutrition business does my head in... I'm forever getting criticised for not drinking enough water but there is water content in other food sources and Diet Coke which adds up to the recommended amount.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly so if I'm having a healthy start then say I eat a bag of Allen's snakes ( I haven't yet) do I cancel out a healthy diet?

100%... like obviously most people require a treat here and there so they don't go mad.... but they add up unfortunately... what I used to do is make my own treats... so if I was craving chocolate for example, I would have a batch of chocolate (all natural) protein balls, or bars... that way I wasn't eating a block of sugar

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
this nutrition business does my head in... I'm forever getting criticised for not drinking enough water but there is water content in other food sources and Diet Coke which adds up to the recommended amount.
And tap water is supposedly filled with all sorts of undesirable chemicals and stuff, you can't win.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't bother with any of that... imo, if you're main drink is water, and then a coke or whatever is a treat once in a while, you're fine... the body will tell the person if it needs more water

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Black coffee then eggs and oats or eggs and shake, boring but effective...

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I love a full lebo breakfast on the weekend...

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
depends on the type of bread, and how you have your coffee
If I revert to my 2009-2012 diet and lifestyle.
I could pig out on what I want and still lose weight!

Yes it was a drug diet.
I only nearly died twice by doing it from memory?

Its all good, apparently I'm a 6%er?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I revert to my 2009-2012 diet and lifestyle.
I could pig out on what I want and still lose weight!

Yes it was a drug diet.
I only nearly died twice by doing it from memory?

Its all good, apparently I'm a 6%er?

we talking prescription or other? :yum:

Think the prescription diets are dangerous myself, I had a friend who was doing it, and he looked like he had been on a 3 month bender

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If the kids are behaving a couple of poached eggs with a piece of toast or a hash brown.
If the kids are being *****, Uncle Toby's Honey and Cinnamon oats once I get to work and yes, I scab the work milk.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
I love a full lebo breakfast on the weekend...

Sheezus mate, a feast fit for a king!! I wouldn't have a clue what half of those dishes are but it looks freakin delicious. What time should I drop in? Lol

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ATM I am on Optifast shakes. Breakfast sucks, and lunch and dinner. I would kill for meat at the moment. Feeling Feral.

Have put on 25kg since I gave up smoking 6 years ago.

I hate my meals at the moment but I don't want to end up on the biggest loser either.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
By the way, this isn't the type of stuff you'd see at a hotel in downtown Beirut... it's likely a spread you'll see when someone invites you over for brunch.