Addo Carr

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don’t know about that. 350k is pretty low I hope they’re not dumb enough to offer that.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JAC would be a wonderful addition to the ranks. However, we have a proliferation of wingers at the moment.
Another winger is not a priority. I just hope the club is holding out for a good attacking centre and a hard hitting prop.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about a fullback a 5/8 a halfback and a hooker. Because currently dwz Lewis cogger and jmk as our spine aren't winning us shit. In my opinion we need a totally new spine to compete for the title.
JAC would be a wonderful addition to the ranks. However, we have a proliferation of wingers at the moment.
Another winger is not a priority. I just hope the club is holding out for a good attacking centre and a hard hitting prop.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do agree with this part that a winger isn’t a super priority however when class players become available its a must to make it happen plus we will have plenty to spend from 2021 no more des blame game

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a premiership would be a nice edition to our club

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More like a proliferation of bad decisions

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What about a fullback a 5/8 a halfback and a hooker. Because currently dwz Lewis cogger and jmk as our spine aren't winning us shit. In my opinion we need a totally new spine to compete for the title.
Dwz is staying our fullback...
Jmk is still learning hooker but he’s improving a lot.
Like they said the more they play together the better understanding and combinations they build with them and the better they will get.
Hopefully a full pre season all together helps

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The storm were good for so long because they had the same spine for years they knew everything each one was going to do next.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That article sounds bullshit, surely we cannot be that fucking dumb and incompetent to offer that much

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The storm were good for so long because they had the same spine for years they knew everything each one was going to do next.
The storms spine was infinitely more talented lol.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The storms spine was infinitely more talented lol.
Yeah probably
But the skies the limit for these young fellas. There going to improve year after year. Cronk smith and slater didn’t start as the big 3 they worked for it it took them a while they didn’t debut as the 3 best players they earnt it

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah probably
But the skies the limit for these young fellas. There going to improve year after year. Cronk smith and slater didn’t start as the big 3 they worked for it it took them a while they didn’t debut as the 3 best players they earnt it
Lol not at all. Our blokes are dead fucking average, the youngsters like Wakeham and Averillo show plenty of upside but the likes of Lewis, Cogger, JMK are going to be nothing out of the ordinary. DWZ is a maybe, he's very good defensively and is an aggressive runner but he needs to learn to play smarter with the ball and polish up his skills because right now he can barely identify a teammate in space and get the ball over to them cleanly.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
No money left for JAC after we secure Montoya and Holland it would seem. Go youth!

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lol not at all. Our blokes are dead fucking average, the youngsters like Wakeham and Averillo show plenty of upside but the likes of Lewis, Cogger, JMK are going to be nothing out of the ordinary. DWZ is a maybe, he's very good defensively and is an aggressive runner but he needs to learn to play smarter with the ball and polish up his skills because right now he can barely identify a teammate in space and get the ball over to them cleanly.
I agree wakeham has potential. Lewis has shown glimpses of it hopefully he finds his feet.
Dwz came half way through the year he didn’t play much football with our squad that’s why. Now he has a full pre season to work on that.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree wakeham has potential. Lewis has shown glimpses of it hopefully he finds his feet.
Dwz came half way through the year he didn’t play much football with our squad that’s why. Now he has a full pre season to work on that.
He was a fullback at Penrith through the grades and played NRL footy there for a time, these issues weren't addressed then so I wouldn't be so sure about it now. I personally think he's a hole running centre that could have the hard aggressive defensive impact of Matai, but for the time being he has the fullback spot so hopefully he sorts out those issues but I'm not holding my breath.

Lewis...lol pfft. Not a ball runner, not a ball player...next.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He was a fullback at Penrith through the grades and played NRL footy there for a time, these issues weren't addressed then so I wouldn't be so sure about it now. I personally think he's a hole running centre that could have the hard aggressive defensive impact of Matai, but for the time being he has the fullback spot so hopefully he sorts out those issues but I'm not holding my breath.

Lewis...lol pfft. Not a ball runner, not a ball player...next.
Dwz at the back has helped us a lot. Wasn’t a coincidence that we started playing better when he was our fullback.
Lewis isn’t the running half but he has some good vision. He did everything right in that broncos game. If he plays like that every week we will be right

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
WE do have a lot of wingers - but not many good ones - but I do agree about an attacking centre n an aggressive forward would help. The signing of Britt and extending C Smith confuses me - eating up cap and top 30 positions in 2021 - ok for this year with no cap space but for 2021 - don't get it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dwz at the back has helped us a lot. Wasn’t a coincidence that we started playing better when he was our fullback.
Lewis isn’t the running half but he has some good vision. He did everything right in that broncos game. If he plays like that every week we will be right
Doesn't matter, we struggled to create points and if DWZ can't be the creative outlet at fullback we need then we're going to need someone else. I don't care how hard he runs, how well he defends, you simply need that creative outlet from fullback these days.

The same applies to Lewis, his vision is rubbish, bloke constantly looks towards the sideline and ignores pretty much every other area of the field. Played about 17 games and not once did he link up with CHN like any half decent half would, Wakeham done it minimal game time while Foran also drifted across field at times and linked up.

Labelling players as your running half or whatnot is irrelevant these days, players need to be able to execute various roles, especially within the spine where they're essentially your four points of attack. Obviously players will be better at some stuff than others and you will try to steer them towards their strengths, but the need to execute different roles is still very much needed.

Our side this season simply needs to score more points that absolutely has to be the key focus and that will be addressed with better offensive systems and better players that can execute them. If our spine is going to be what we finished the season with then they're going to have to have improve out of sight this pre season, if not then they're once again going to severely limit us down to them being so limited with the ball in hand.