Share a Favourite Song

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Speaking of classic tracks, here's some of my favourites

Rush - Tom Sawyer is a masterpiece and just so trippy.

Jefferson Starship I always enjoyed this one.
https://youtu.be/sXmrMMYpQL4

I know it's a ballad and all but I really loved the guitars in this Kansas song.
https://youtu.be/tH2w6Oxx0kQ

Talking of the godfather of metal this is my favourite ever song Ronnie James Dio did.
https://youtu.be/pdbEx7nuczo

Blue Oyster Cult wise I liked Don't Fear The Reaper but I really liked H.I.M.'s slow, heavy, dark version. I know it won't be for eveyones taste though but I am a fan of the band H.I.M.
https://youtu.be/h1Rg14NvKhQ

I'm just chucking this one in as it is just a trippy song.
https://youtu.be/uc6f_2nPSX8

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rush - Tom Sawyer is a masterpiece and just so trippy.

Jefferson Starship I always enjoyed this one.

I know it's a ballad and all but I really loved the guitars in this Kansas song.

Talking of the godfather of metal this is my favourite ever song Ronnie James Dio did.

Blue Oyster Cult wise I liked Don't Fear The Reaper but I really liked H.I.M.'s slow, heavy, dark version. I know it won't be for eveyones taste though but I am a fan of the band H.I.M.

I'm just chucking this one in as it is just a trippy song.
Nice touch with the ‘Styx’ song. When I was in high school 3 decades ago, I was always the odd one out. I never inherited the Oz Rock gene. Right from about 13, rather than listening to Mi-Sex and Cold Chisel, I was listening to the US classic rock stuff like early Styx, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Journey and Toto albums. Also some ‘more out there’ stuff like Rush, Dixie Dregs and Frank Zapaa. That’s in addition to, of course, more well-known things such as Maiden, Led Zep, Purple and Sabbath. And yeah, I love Heaven & Hell as well. Neon Knights too.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

One of my favs from high school days. I actually recently re-listened to some WASP and was surprised at just how good a singer Blackie Lawless was/is. I think he would have been a good choice for singer of Sons of Apollo.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

One of my favs from high school days. I actually recently re-listened to some WASP and was surprised at just how good a singer Blackie Lawless was/is. I think he would have been a good choice for singer of Sons of Apollo.
WASP now that's a band I haven't listened to in a while. Here are a few I like of theirs, even if they are their more known songs they are great.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Love this jam. More recently it reminds me of guardians of the galaxy and F is for family
Yes that movie rekindled my memory of the song. Second soundtrack not as good :grinning:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The other forgotten Blink member

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting more into EDM at the moment, Aussies pumping out great EDM/pop/rock/punk stuff at the moment.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Here another for good measure

Confidence Man are really talented and I enjoyed their first single, but everything since then I've hated.

Also, they're terrible to watch live. Not 'cause of their music. 'cause they put on a terrible live show.

This song isn't bad though

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not much for pop music but I do love Halsey's new single. Mainly due to the great country rock sound. The film clip helps too

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
and just to give another example how broad my musical tastes are (and this doesn't include musical theatre either):

Staind - Something to Remind You

Carlos Santana - Maria Maria (and other part instrumentalists like Hendrix, Slash, and Michael Angelo Batio)

Sean Paul - Got 2 Luv U (plus some tracks from artists like Sean Kingston, Akon, etc)

Ellie Goulding - First Time (plus some tracks from artists like Taylor Swift, Adele, etc)

Robin Schulz (feat Jasmine Thompson) - Sun Goes Down (plus artists like Martin Garrix, Skrillex, ATB, Calvin Harris, Armin Van Buuren, Deadmau5, Tiesto, Paul Van Dyk, David Guetta, Avicii (RIP)).
Maria Maria!! Best song! Lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm a sucker for a good female voice though. Especially if they have a different style of singing.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm a sucker for a good female voice though. Especially if they have a different style of singing.

Chvrches I like for a female fronted band. I think it's also the fact that they mix in 80's synth sounds in some of their songs.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confidence Man are really talented and I enjoyed their first single, but everything since then I've hated.

Also, they're terrible to watch live. Not 'cause of their music. 'cause they put on a terrible live show.

This song isn't bad though
I don't go to festivals etc anymore, but I did see the Bon Jovi tribute band at a local pub a couple of weeks ago :grinning:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Chvrches I like for a female fronted band. I think it's also the fact that they mix in 80's synth sounds in some of their songs.

Yeah, I really like Chvrches for their synth pop stuff too. Love the Death Stranding song too. Played through the game waiting to hear it, expecting it to be pretty prominent considering it's Chvrches and it's the title song. Turns out the song doesn't play until the credits. And it's not even the first credit song. Doesn't play until the 3rd set of credits have been rolling for 5 minutes.