Opinion 2020 jersey

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It looks shit, not as shit with the red Kia logo but shit, I know the major sponsor gets the majority of the jersey front but why do sponsors think having a big logo on the front of a jersey will make people think 'oh look at that jersey, it says Kia I think I will go and buy a kia' did I just miss the whole game because of that big Kia logo'. get fucked it doesn't happen and never will, and I'm only using Kia because they were the major sponsor the last few years.
I think sponsors need to be told your not ruining this great jersey with your shit product like it or there's the fucking door, our jersey has gone downhill.
If that is what is being said to potential sponsors it's no wonder there isn't one.
Good thing it isn't what is being said.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Its not that bad... There's really not much you can do with a blue V... I've always thought they should try white shorts with blue stripes.
Personally I hate the blue socks the most. The blue is different to the jersey and the 2 white rings look meh when it's not coupled with the heritage jersey

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
They could have put some cool slogan logo there for now - no brains. Maybe a 2020 in a round iconic way.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It looks like Alex Perry has some competition here

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy it cause that fat retard came up with it but yeah it looks good.
I couldn’t give a rats as to his personal attributes.

It’s embarrassing that jersey designers & the club can so easily be shown up by fans

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
@mattard90 tweeted this as his suggestion, with help from another.

IMHO, I think it looks brilliant and would likely sell heaps of them.

View attachment 12772
It does look pretty good as a placeholder.
Maybe they don't want to go to the expense - if Marty McFly aka Nasheed is right, it's just around the corner :-)
Same approach as the Sharktides when they were deep in scandal and had CSFC on the front because no-one was going to touch them at the time.

TheThird

Banned
Reaction score
Feels weird admitting this, yet even having Kia ther is a better look.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's not the boards fault that few brands want to associate themselves with the NRL these days

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It does look pretty good as a placeholder.
Maybe they don't want to go to the expense - if Marty McFly aka Nasheed is right, it's just around the corner :-)
Same approach as the Sharktides when they were deep in scandal and had CSFC on the front because no-one was going to touch them at the time.
Even just finishing the vee off would be a massive improvement.

Reactions: TAS

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Even just finishing the vee off would be a massive improvement.
I guess it comes down to the bucks.
You change the design to do that and then once a sponsor comes on, you have to change it again to accommodate the logo.
At least this way it's easier with existing stock to simply add the logo and put them out for sale.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess it comes down to the bucks.
You change the design to do that and then once a sponsor comes on, you have to change it again to accommodate the logo.
At least this way it's easier with existing stock to simply add the logo and put them out for sale.
I don't think a change like that would cost anything or if it did it would be minimal.
It's the club lacking any type of foresight it's becoming a habit unfortunately.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think a change like that would cost anything or if it did it would be minimal.
It's the club lacking any type of foresight it's becoming a habit unfortunately.
Sorry mate I disagree that it's a foresight issue.
If I was the commercial manager or that were my budget I'd do exactly as I described and appears to have been done.
I agree a complete V would look better but I couldn't justify changing a design, manufacturing hundreds/thousands of jerseys (there's probably minimum order numbers) and then doing it all again when a sponsor lands.
I just don't see it as smart business, even if the product isn't fully optimised.
Also - perhaps it's deliberate - perhaps a sponsor isn't as far away as many feel it is (yeah, I know, there I go again trying to find a positive outlook :-))

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry mate I disagree that it's a foresight issue.
If I was the commercial manager or that were my budget I'd do exactly as I described and appears to have been done.
I agree a complete V would look better but I couldn't justify changing a design, manufacturing hundreds/thousands of jerseys (there's probably minimum order numbers) and then doing it all again when a sponsor lands.
I just don't see it as smart business, even if the product isn't fully optimised.
Also - perhaps it's deliberate - perhaps a sponsor isn't as far away as many feel it is (yeah, I know, there I go again trying to find a positive outlook :-))
How would there we any difference in cost between what they are doing now if they finished off the vee? It might cost a tiny bit to have the vee drawn up by the designer at Classic and that's it.
They have manufactured and are selling those jerseys now so I don't see you point at all about it not being smart business.
In likely hood they will slap a big dirty vinyl sticker on the jersey once they land a sponsor anyway.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
How would there we any difference in cost between what they are doing now if they finished off the vee? It might cost a tiny bit to have the vee drawn up by the designer at Classic and that's it.
They have manufactured and are selling those jerseys now so I don't see you point at all about it not being smart business.
In likely hood they will slap a big dirty vinyl sticker on the jersey once they land a sponsor anyway.
Because, you manufacture the existing design = cost.
You pay Classic to finish the V = cost (albeit small).
You then manufacture the revised design = cost.
A sponsor comes on board and you go back to manufacturing the original design, with logo.
It's just unnecessary cost.
Besides, the V not being finished looks fine on the away jersey (my opinion).
I just don't think it's a lack of foresight issue. I think it's deliberate.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because, you manufacture the existing design = cost.
You pay Classic to finish the V = cost (albeit small).
You then manufacture the revised design = cost.
A sponsor comes on board and you go back to manufacturing the original design, with logo.
It's just unnecessary cost.
Besides, the V not being finished looks fine on the away jersey (my opinion).
I just don't think it's a lack of foresight issue. I think it's deliberate.
That's my whole point on lack of foresight I'm not talking about revising the design this should have been done on the initial design.