Mandalay Bay Shooting - Eminem

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thoughts on this new track and video by Eminem.

I thought it was perfectly executed (no pun intended). No doubt it will cause some controversy but I think the underlying message is quite clear, America has a gun problem. We have known this for a long time and Em has used his music to communicate that message.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'll be honest with ya... when I saw the heading, Mandalay Bay Shooting - Eminem, I thought it was an Eminem concert at Mandalay Bay that had some nut go on a shooting rampage.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at mandalas bay a good 6 months after the shooting and that window hadnt been repaired.

TheThird

Banned
Reaction score
Guns are not the problem and they've started the right process by enforcing basic character checks.
I read somewhere that more people are killed by government owned guns than any other group (if wrong it must be second highest with suicide/misadventure the highest).
Also a criminal will procure a gun illegally irrelevant how strict they enforce gun prohibition.
It is people's perceptions that need to change, not further restriction of guns.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Guns are not the problem and they've started the right process by enforcing basic character checks.
I read somewhere that more people are killed by government owned guns than any other group (if wrong it must be second highest with suicide/misadventure the highest).
Also a criminal will procure a gun illegally irrelevant how strict they enforce gun prohibition.
It is people's perceptions that need to change, not further restriction of guns.
Agreed. Eminem is a puppet for the democrats and has gone full blown political in his music now. How many people died in the recent Virginia protest where they all rocked up with their assault rifles and camo gear? 0? Yeah 0 is about right. The left just try and play on people’s emotions to get laws passed. It’s as simple as that

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll be honest with ya... when I saw the heading, Mandalay Bay Shooting - Eminem, I thought it was an Eminem concert at Mandalay Bay that had some nut go on a shooting rampage.
I assumed there had been another shooting too. It's not a long jump to that particular conclusion. I've said before that it's cheaper and easier to get high powered weapons in America than it is to get treatment for mental health issues. And in spite of the fact that the vast majority of gun owners might be responsible with them, they come from a culture that has glorified gun violence in a hell of a lot of their movies and mentally ill people might not have had those issues when they first purchased weapons. At any time something could snap in anybody and when it's pretty common to own guns it's a recipe for disaster.

It's a pretty gutsy move by an American artist to make a song like this and campaign against their gun laws. Guns are making some unscrupulous people a lot of money. If this motivates too many people to speak out it's not hard to imagine that Eminem might become the target of some of these unscrupulous people. It's not a big stretch of the imagination to think that he might get assassinated to shut him up. So Kudos to him for having the courage to use his fame to take a very public stand against it. I don't think they'll change their gun laws any time soon. But the publicity might inspire more people to take a stand.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What? No gun problem?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That's not a gun...this is a gun.

The Maleny Dairy guy lol. Apparently running in the Qld state elections for One Notion.

FB_IMG_1579325374280.jpeg

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I assumed there had been another shooting too. It's not a long jump to that particular conclusion. I've said before that it's cheaper and easier to get high powered weapons in America than it is to get treatment for mental health issues. And in spite of the fact that the vast majority of gun owners might be responsible with them, they come from a culture that has glorified gun violence in a hell of a lot of their movies and mentally ill people might not have had those issues when they first purchased weapons. At any time something could snap in anybody and when it's pretty common to own guns it's a recipe for disaster.

It's a pretty gutsy move by an American artist to make a song like this and campaign against their gun laws. Guns are making some unscrupulous people a lot of money. If this motivates too many people to speak out it's not hard to imagine that Eminem might become the target of some of these unscrupulous people. It's not a big stretch of the imagination to think that he might get assassinated to shut him up. So Kudos to him for having the courage to use his fame to take a very public stand against it. I don't think they'll change their gun laws any time soon. But the publicity might inspire more people to take a stand.
The laws will never change mate.

It's all what's happening behind the scenes. The NRA have a lot of pulling power when it comes to nominating Government officials, so they have all candidates by the balls - supporting the second amendment or not receiving their vote.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shit song. He had some good hits back in the day. This one is boring as shit

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
If you can walk into a wallmart or target and buy an automatic rifle, then it's both!!!
Should we ban cars for people who intentionally run down a large group of people?
What about knives? Shouldn’t they be banned too?
They’ve been known to be used to murder people.

TheThird

Banned
Reaction score
While at it alcohol, cigarettes and cigars kill.
So does meat, or food in general.
Shit, so does water, so let's ban water too!!!

Ban life and you 100% guaranteed to prevent fatalities of all kind.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you can walk into a wallmart or target and buy an automatic rifle, then it's both!!!
Why lie? You can buy a semi automatic but not a fully automatic. You need to be specific about that or you’re just fake news leaving out certain facts to try and help your little fairy tale ideology

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What? No gun problem?
Actually you’re right, in Chicago that have some of the strictest gun laws in America, have one of the highest rates of gun violence and are perpetrated by blacks. That’s statistical facts though so I dunno if you’ll listen

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They should ban the purchase of firearms like we did so that only law enforcement and criminals have access to them

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most of us survive pretty well without the need to buy firearms