Breakfast

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting thing regarding breakfast. There's some research coming out of Albert Einstein College of Medicine and several other research institutions that has found that intermittent fasting may extend your lifetime. Specifically, skipping breakfast and eating lunch and dinner around 6 hours apart with no snacking and no real caloric restrictions for lunch and dinner (eat as much as you want for lunch and dinner)

Of course it has only been tested on rats as it's a lot harder to test on humans. Research shows that caloric restrictions while also fasting can cause metabolic issues in humans, but possibly not when eating lots during lunch and dinner. Of course it depends what you eat too. If you're eating crap for lunch and dinner then it's unlikely to help.
Well I’m 44 and I feel like I’m 24 so it’s working on me! I’ve skipped breakfast since I was a kid, and I usually eat a small lunch but big dinner sooooo... I must be a rat!

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you even lift brah! lol

IF is great man, I've been doing it for years. I train fasted as well.
Yep I train on an empty stomach and smash a huge dinner later usually around 6pm after workout and feel super pumped after my workout and after my feed! Everyone is different but it works for me mate.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Do you even lift brah! lol

IF is great man, I've been doing it for years. I train fasted as well.
Interested in IF, can you give a quick outline of it? Heard a guy talking on the radio about it a few weeks back, but I think he said he fasts 5 days every fortnight and just has unsweetened black coffee on those days to suppress his hunger.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Interested in IF, can you give a quick outline of it? Heard a guy talking on the radio about it a few weeks back, but I think he said he fasts 5 days every fortnight and just has unsweetened black coffee on those days to suppress his hunger.
many benefits. You can google it and find a tonne of info.

but basically you fast for a period of time (sleep is included)

within the 24 hr day you fast for a minimum 16 hrs, giving you an open window of 8 hrs to break your fast or eat.

the idea of it is to use your fat cells as a source of energy, your body turns into a ketosis state. Basically burning fat.

Usually your body uses carbohydrates as your energy source.
Your mate having coffee is exactly what I do straight up black shot for me. No calories so technically you’re still fasting.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Thanks for the info mate. Been suffering from a bad lack of energy and supposedly a great way to burn fat/increase energy is to fast. Will give it a go.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being a non coffee or tea drinker I always lobbied to get My Diet Coke Suppled for knicks as every one else got milk and sometimes tea/coffee supplied.

Also lobbied for only union pay rises And to be paid more than smokers who spend a total of 30 mins a day outside.

Never got my way, ripped off.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
All these things about extending your life I find are hard to confirm. I mean the whole point of breakfast is for breaking a fast the lasted already about 10-12 hours? How can it be possibly healthy to extend that to 18 hours, and not have anything in between? You'll constantly be lethargic and tired. I did one of those diets for 3 weeks, no eating in between meals, and living on rabbit food for lunch (tomato, cucumber, carrots, bake beans) and dinner (garden salad), and only having a small portion of corn flakes for breakfast... sure I lost 10 kgs but I wanted to end myself.
when you get hungry your body is telling you that you need to eat, not let it suffer for hours because of some silly fad

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have the worst breakfast.. Toast n coffee and lunch isnt much better tbh.. The only good meal I have is dinner

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I have the worst breakfast.. Toast n coffee and lunch isnt much better tbh.. The only good meal I have is dinner
Many people have toast and coffee. Man just have a coffee.

Wahesh

Reaction score
When most people are having breakfast I'm actually having tea. When people are having tea I am having breakfast, which actually is me having a 2nd tea as i usually eat stuff you would have for tea. So I don't actually eat breakfast meals/food.
You're referring to dinner as tea right?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
At crown metropole Melbourne with the family running a muck on the buffet... might skip lunch ... :tearsofjoy:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Me.. I have one wheat-Bix in milk..one piece of wholemeal/wholegrain toast with vegemite..plus a mug of warm/hot water..and Chinese herbs..:blush:

Wahesh

Reaction score
At crown metropole Melbourne with the family running a muck on the buffet... might skip lunch ... :tearsofjoy:
Last time I was in Melbourne, I went apeshit on the breakfast buffet at the Ibis. I didn't need to eat again for 24 hours :tearsofjoy:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I have 3-4 eggs every morning, nothing too exciting, not unlike this thread actually hahaha :grinning: