Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Tooheys virus.
They shouldn't have named it after a beer, tbh....everyone has a different opinion on what the worst one is. They should have named it after something or someone almost nobody likes....Danny Weidler virus, Jayne Azzopardi Virus, Karl Stefanovik virus or Samantha Armytage virus would be good shortlist options.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They shouldn't have named it after a beer, tbh....everyone has a different opinion on what the worst one is. They should have named it after something or someone almost nobody likes....Danny Weidler virus, Jayne Azzopardi Virus, Karl Stefanovik virus or Samantha Armytage virus would be good shortlist options.

Latrell Mitchell virus

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
India is firmly at the very back of the list of places I want to visit in the world.

There's probably 30-40 other places before I will even get close to ever wanting to see India.

However, it's pretty trendy to say you've been to or are going to India. Lord knows why.
My sister-in-law went last year for 2 weeks. Easy to believe... it was for a roll out of a call centre (incoming) that should of course be Aussie jobs. Her company put her in a 5 star hotel though in what you could say would be an upper-class area of the city, and it wasn't that bad. What India considers upper-class though is what we take for granted.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are we looking at here, 12 Monkeys, 28 Days, Outbreak, Resident Evil, a dodgy Dim Sim?

The WHO have yet to declare an emergency, yet China have quarantined the city at the centre of the outbreak - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01...helms-hospitals-fears-it-will-spread/11888588

Over 500 known cases, yet the death rate seems low at this stage with only 17 confirmed.

The Virus has now been detected in Thailand, USA and Korea.

A genuine global threat or another beat up?
Hopefully a beatup as I'm travelling to Shanghai & Seoul in April.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I legit wish these things were common use in Australia. It is one of the things I loved about Japan. Everyone is very conscious about spreading germs and they wear these regularly. Sure some people wear them for fashion, but that is fine. Better than getting on a train with people coughing and shit.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
India is firmly at the very back of the list of places I want to visit in the world.

There's probably 30-40 other places before I will even get close to ever wanting to see India.

However, it's pretty trendy to say you've been to or are going to India. Lord knows why.

I don't think its trendy, (maybe if you are an influencer with followers to impress).

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
My sister-in-law went last year for 2 weeks. Easy to believe... it was for a roll out of a call centre (incoming) that should of course be Aussie jobs. Her company put her in a 5 star hotel though in what you could say would be an upper-class area of the city, and it wasn't that bad. What India considers upper-class though is what we take for granted.
My boss at my previous company went there for a holiday and hated it. Which was interesting coz he's someone that loves going to random and off the beaten path places.

Said he constantly came across random dead bodies in and alongside a river and then he would see people bathing in the same river just a few hundred metres away.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think its trendy
Either do I, but there's a certain type of people that exist in Australia and they are generally well off people in their late 20's to late 30's working corporate gigs and they like to go to these places and then make sure everyone knows they have been to these places.

I think it makes them feel 'cultured'.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if this has anything to do with China being a filthy country. Eating dogs, cats, human shit got fertiliser the list just goes.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Either do I, but there's a certain type of people that exist in Australia and they are generally well off people in their late 20's to late 30's working corporate gigs and they like to go to these places and then make sure everyone knows they have been to these places.

I think it makes them feel 'cultured'.
Can't possibly see myself doing it.

In the past, I've explored quaint little villages in and major cities across Europe and the Mediterranean. The next big destination I'd like to visit would be the USA (coast-to-coast) and later down the track, Asia. The only Asian countries I'd like to visit are Japan, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, and South Korea. There are some part of China I wouldn't mind visiting, such as Hong Kong and the ghost cities, but that's about it. Indian is not even on my radar, nor will it ever be.

Even if I end up working in the IT sector again and I have to oversee some data centre shit that they off shore, I will NEVER go there. I can't even see myself stepping into and Indian restaurant here, or ordering takeout from a food stall, let alone going there.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder if this has anything to do with China being a filthy country. Eating dogs, cats, human shit got fertiliser the list just goes.
The Netflix doc I linked goes into this. They do have unclean practices with preparing meat, mixing livestock meat with wild animal meat. This is mostly in rural areas. This means viruses from one animal can come into contact with other viruses.

H1N1 was a human and a bird coming into contact with the same pig. Normal flu from the human and bird flu from the bird combined inside the pig, and then when the pig gave the virus to humans the human body could not fight it because of the bird flu cells confusing our immune system.

SARS came from (they think) bats in china. So that doesn't have anything to do with China's practices.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The Netflix doc I linked goes into this. They do have unclean practices with preparing meat, mixing livestock meat with wild animal meat. This is mostly in rural areas. This means viruses from one animal can come into contact with other viruses.
Still probably safer than eating at a US fast food restaurant....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.