News Bulldogs look to youth in 2020

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
One of my mates had an issue with Gower in one of his drunken nights... so my mate jumped on the hood and roof of gowers car and P!ssed all over it..
My mate is a very intimidating bloke and at the time was a member of a "club" so gower shat himself and took off..
Haha love it. I saw him with his wife not long ago. Remember she was the hot cheerleader and on the footy show? Age hasn’t been kind

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Youths are overrated like local juniors.. Need some youth in a squad but more experience in a squad is a positive..

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Under Des we made 2 Grandfinals, produced a dally m player of the year and had one of the most exciting seasons in years. People need to stop acting like the entire Des era was all bad.
1 good year 2012, players were here. Our juniors were coming through.. 2014 was a fluke and ending proved it. 2 good years caused a decade of distructoon..if des didn't neglect our juniors & lower grades we will still be up the top and umm and arrr would still be our post game press conference. 2004 and 2012 many players come through our system. The system wasn't the problem the end results was. Des flipped it and it was for short term gain. Look at us now.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Under Des we made 2 Grandfinals, produced a dally m player of the year and had one of the most exciting seasons in years. People need to stop acting like the entire Des era was all bad.
Under Des was the most boring frustrating annoying stupid waste of years i have ever been through as a dogs supporter since 1984...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Under Des was the most boring frustrating annoying stupid waste of years i have ever been through as a dogs supporter since 1984...
Remember the total lack of ideas on the last tackle. In the red zone, the forwards all stood there looking at each other, flat footed, passing to each other and eventually a forward would kick it....often out on the full. JG and Beastie in particular.

We had so many dumb plays ...and Hasler never even worked on that.

My bp just gone up thinking about it. The players must have been at rock bottom.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Remember the total lack of ideas on the last tackle. In the red zone, the forwards all stood there looking at each other, flat footed, passing to each other and eventually a forward would kick it....often out on the full. JG and Beastie in particular.

We had so many dumb plays ...and Hasler never even worked on that.

My bp just gone up thinking about it. The players must have been at rock bottom.
I seem to remember us often not even putting a kick in on 5th inside our attacking 20/30. Some sort of Hasler field position tactic for memory. Mbye would just float a ball to his usually flat footed centre who’d just go to ground. Infuriating.

Another Hasler memory was no matter how bad we were going - he’d refuse to change his 17 unless injury enforced. Particularly in his last year or 2 in charge.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I seem to remember us often not even putting a kick in on 5th inside our attacking 20/30. Some sort of Hasler field position tactic for memory. Mbye would just float a ball to his usually flat footed centre who’d just go to ground. Infuriating.

Another Hasler memory was no matter how bad we were going - he’d refuse to change his 17 unless injury enforced. Particularly in his last year or 2 in charge.
And then we had to listen to the nose whistle press conference after where he’d mumble through some reason why. Ugh.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Des was signed for the 2012 season, with an inherited roster,
1)Barba had already been i grade for 5seasons
2) we were minor premiers in all 3 grades.
3) In 2013 the DEStruction commenced the junior development was abandonded we became wooden spooners in NSW Cup & 3rd last in the Holden Cup
4) Jagged a GF in 2014 where we were never in the contest FLOGGED 30 - 6 at the big dance.
5) Atrocious retention & recruitment underDes/Cleal
2 names Cook & Finucane glaring examples of the ineptitude
6) we are only NOW turning the Club around....
the Des era was a nightmare

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Very true and I remember Tolman being held on the last tackle a few times too. It was hard to watch

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yh 2012 sucked.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This turned to manly/des talk rather quick lol.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please no-one mention Sauaso Sue except that he is leaving.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good thread speaks volumes that next season we need experience hard heads match winners,the board have recruited excellent thus far and our inexperienced props need to come off the bench