Vegan

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You will be surprised how many people watched game changers on Netflix and changed their whole diet solely on the one documentary....
The same kind of people that buy a tiger wrench from Danoz direct?

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
You will be surprised how many people watched game changers on Netflix and changed their whole diet solely on the one documentary....
Let me guess... they put dark, gloomy music over meat everytime it was shown? Just like A Current Affair.

People are so gullible.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Let me guess... they put dark, gloomy music over meat everytime it was shown? Just like A Current Affair.

People are so gullible.
There is some good stuff in there... but my understanding is “beyond meat” funded the doco so I mean there is obviously a bias the same thing they also accuse the meat industry of doing.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All these weight loss fads are farking ridiculous, Keto, Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo. There is one guaranteed method to loosing weight, absolutely 100% will work for every single person on the planet and it will also reduce waste and take pressure off our environment. Sound too good to be true, it's not and it can be summed up in two words = Eat Less!

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
All these weight loss fads are farking ridiculous, Keto, Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo. There is one guaranteed method to loosing weight, absolutely 100% will work for every single person on the planet and it will also reduce waste and take pressure off our environment. Sound too good to be true, it's not and it can be summed up in two words = Eat Less!
And move more.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know what percentage of people who try vegan return to animal products... not saying it's going to happen in the case of OP, but I'd imagine it's a very high percentage... reason being is that I did it for like a week or so, many years ago... Nowadays I eat some vegan products, such as the Beyond Burger, which is tasty af.... but the full vegan diet is way too limiting when you go out I find (not that I ever go anywhere special because I am a hermit)

Wahesh

Reaction score
I'd be interested to know what percentage of people who try vegan return to animal products... not saying it's going to happen in the case of OP, but I'd imagine it's a very high percentage... reason being is that I did it for like a week or so, many years ago... Nowadays I eat some vegan products, such as the Beyond Burger, which is tasty af.... but the full vegan diet is way too limiting when you go out I find (not that I ever go anywhere special because I am a hermit)
I can't and won't do it. However I remember when I was overseas a few years ago in a small old village in the Mediterranean... I did hear a poor cow being killed the old fashioned way (I couldn't stomach watching it, hearing it was bad enough). I was actually really put off by it, that later that evening in an outdoor banquet dinner party, I couldn't bring myself to eat meat.

It didn't last long though as the following day I was eating Kibbe Nayyeh (raw meat) for brekky like the animal I am (when in Rome, do what the Romans do).

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Cooking more as well... whole foods, not processed junk... even a lot of vegan foods are full of garbage ingredients

But the best method... many are searching.... and I am giving this information for free

Turning off the TV and going outside

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If Malcolm Turnbull was prone minister we would have a plebiscite on this issue. Vote who's right and wrong

The encourage the vegans to come out of the closet
would he be lying down when he had the plebiscite?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't and won't do it. However I remember when I was overseas a few years ago in a small old village in the Mediterranean... I did hear a poor cow being killed the old fashioned way (I couldn't stomach watching it, hearing it was bad enough). I was actually really put off by it, that later that evening in an outdoor banquet dinner party, I couldn't bring myself to eat meat.

It didn't last long though as the following day I was eating Kibbe Nayyeh (raw meat) for brekky like the animal I am (when in Rome, do what the Romans do).

funnily enough, when I was dating a vegan, she would show me all those silly documentaries, had have all the stickers and posters, even went to the RSPCA on weekends.. it didn't really affect me at the time.. but after we broke up it started to play on my mind a little and I started thinking more about what I was eating... but I got over it.. I think the vegan fad will die off pretty soon

Wahesh

Reaction score
funnily enough, when I was dating a vegan, she would show me all those silly documentaries, had have all the stickers and posters, even went to the RSPCA on weekends.. it didn't really affect me at the time.. but after we broke up it started to play on my mind a little and I started thinking more about what I was eating... but I got over it.. I think the vegan fad will die off pretty soon
I don't mind people who are vegans, they can live whatever way they like - it's their life... but I have a problem with activists who push that ideology onto others, disrupting society in the process.

There's a vegan chick who I used to work with who was awesome. She was a vegan for dietary reasons, and her partner wasn't - she didn't care.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't mind people who are vegans, they can live whatever way they like - it's their life... but I have a problem with activists who push that ideology onto others, disrupting society in the process.

There's a vegan chick who I used to work with who was awesome. She was a vegan for dietary reasons, and her partner wasn't - she didn't care.

For sure.. my old housemate is one of those pests who goes into the Pitt St protests... she was doing it after being Vegan for like a week... she has always been a massive attention whore and jumps on every single edgy cause that she can.. on the other hand, I know at least half a dozen vegans who you wouldn't even know they were vegan as it's just a way of life for them and not something to hold over their fellow man

Wahesh

Reaction score
For sure.. my old housemate is one of those pests who goes into the Pitt St protests... she was doing it after being Vegan for like a week... she has always been a massive attention whore and jumps on every single edgy cause that she can.. on the other hand, I know at least half a dozen vegans who you wouldn't even know they were vegan as it's just a way of life for them and not something to hold over their fellow man
Gosh she must've been one of those hippies who go around sleeping with every guy she met.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is she the one that has a YouTube channel, Slightly Crazy Vegan? Or am I thinking of someone else.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

You mean "Kibbeh? Nah.... yeah!"

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is she the one that has a YouTube channel, Slightly Crazy Vegan? Or am I thinking of someone else.
Yesssss bahahaha... forgot I mentioned that in the other vegan thread :tearsofjoy: