Imagine the scenes

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our only way to rebuild our club to be a powerhouse again is to start at the top.
Our cap and funds availability to go the market successfully for next year is a bonus, that being said teams with minimal attraction like now with us and where we are at still doesnt fill me with any premiership hope.
If we where any premiership threat in the next 5 years we would have make a signing to attract other elite players our best option would be to sign craig bellamy.
Sign him on overs, do what has to be done, has no cap implications anyway.
Then out hope jumps up and our signing power improves players coming in to play and not on overs.
Its the best option we have, he is in his last year in melb, can be done if management are any good, or at least try!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its not about the signings.

Its how they granted them $2m+ cap relief for 2 players to retire who were under contract.

Wayne Bennett is the master of manipulation

and how they get away with murder.... Todd having lattes with Surgess, as well as going into bat for GI on a freaking drink driving charge.. yeah don't worry about innocent lives at risk.... but we get hung out to dry over bonehead Elliott's antics

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: signing ado- Carr would be like eating kebab with no sauce. What’s the point...... Mitchell will be good this year for souffs
At least we would have a kebab! Just need to add sauce (good spine) and boom, you have a good offence.

Right now, we have stale chicken nuggets. No sauce can fix that shit up

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Our only way to rebuild our club to be a powerhouse again is to start at the top.
Our cap and funds availability to go the market successfully for next year is a bonus, that being said teams with minimal attraction like now with us and where we are at still doesnt fill me with any premiership hope.
If we where any premiership threat in the next 5 years we would have make a signing to attract other elite players our best option would be to sign craig bellamy.
Sign him on overs, do what has to be done, has no cap implications anyway.
Then out hope jumps up and our signing power improves players coming in to play and not on overs.
Its the best option we have, he is in his last year in melb, can be done if management are any good, or at least try!
Hey mate - there is a 'cap' on Football Department spending which this year is around $6m.
It was introduced by the NRL in 2018.
But that has to cover everything from coaching staff, performance, medical, welfare, recruitment etc.
Bellamy is at the Storm until the end of 2021 and he said last year after turning 60 he was pretty sure it was his last hurrah (yes that might change) but I think it's unlikely he'd get lured to coach in Sydney (not just the Dogs).
He's made plenty of money - he's on about $1.7m/year now, so there's not much incentive for him. If it's not Deano longer term, we'd need to look elsewhere. Cheers.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a fan he can break the line and score.

Smith to centre & JO to wing.

Surely I'm not alone with this one.
IMO if we don’t buy anyone (and I don’t think we will), that is slightly more preferable to keeping Reimis on the wing and Holland at centre...which could be the main two possibilities for Rd1 (+Hoppa, DWZ, Meaney)

I doubt Averillo will get an early start, maybe later on when Pay tactics fail (again).

JOk hands and defensive position, plus his lack of any step, last year were horrible...really, really, REALLY hope he’s skilled up well and quickly

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Carr 650k
Mitchell 900k
Arrow 800k
Murray 800k
Reynolds 600k
Walker 700k

No FB and no props yet.. South's are up shit creek trying to balance a side and if injuries occur. I wouldn't be too worried.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carr 650k
Mitchell 900k
Arrow 800k
Murray 800k
Reynolds 600k
Walker 700k

No FB and no props yet.. South's are up shit creek trying to balance a side and if injuries occur. I wouldn't be too worried.
I’m sure Greenturd will be only too happy to massage another ruling in their favour.

They’re bigger than the game, remember...

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They might have a few Ferraris in the backline but the pack is average, even when Arrow gets there.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm a fan he can break the line and score.

Smith to centre & JO to wing.

Surely I'm not alone with this one.
If he has learnt how to catch a ball them I’m happy for him to get a start. Oh and a little more aggression

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: signing ado- Carr would be like eating kebab with no sauce. What’s the point...... Mitchell will be good this year for souffs
He's on a one year contract, and will be playing for a renewal.

Mitchell could be their next Greg Inglis; complete with the injuries that kept him off the field for a good part of each season, but always came good around rep time.