Tuesday Treats: The best of Luke Patten

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Definitely.. there were so many fullbacks during his playing career but he would not have looked out of place, that's for sure... mr reliable
He should've played in 2002 though. Minichiello was on the wing at that stage of his career, and it was between him and Brett Hodgson. Patten was very reliable, and I reckon had he played fullback, he could've tackled Dane Carlaw at the end of game 3, 2002, giving NSW the series... although @maroondog72 might disagree with me.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He should've played in 2002 though. Minichiello was on the wing at that stage of his career, and it was between him and Brett Hodgson. Patten was very reliable, and I reckon had he played fullback, he could've tackled Dane Carlaw at the end of game 3, 2002, giving NSW the series... although @maroondog72 might disagree with me.
Yea Hodgson was rubbish, and Tallis let us know about it! No way Patten would have been made Gorden's bitch.. Luke was a much better player on both sides of the footy

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He should have played when he was 18th man also. I recall he was called up to play (maybe 09) but Stewart played when he wasnt 100% fit or something like that. Felt bad for him

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He should have played when he was 18th man also. I recall he was called up to play (maybe 09) but Stewart played when he wasnt 100% fit or something like that. Felt bad for him
I thought that was Shifty who was a real chance of playing but John's played injured anyway? or maybe you're right and I'm just confused coz it's been that long..

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What a great footballer.
Fast, elusive, tough and skillful.
Great clubman.
Such a well balance runner who could change direction to his left without loss of speed.
Geez I used to enjoy watchin this bloke.

These Tuesday treats are just magic !

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I thought that was Shifty who was a real chance of playing but John's played injured anyway? or maybe you're right and I'm just confused coz it's been that long..
Yeah I ended up having a look and for Patten he was called in 18th man for fucking Kurt Gidley who shouldn't have been picked anyways... And Luke never got to play. As for Sherwin I always remembered him carving up in City v Country with Hazem but never getting a run... He was very unlucky