I'm going to buy a bulldog need to no (English or Aussie)

English bulldog or Aussie bulldog

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If any of you guys have owned a bulldog I am about to buy myself a bulldog but not sure if I should get a Aussie or English would you let me no the pros and cons of both I have done my research on both but I'm still undecided any help would be much appreciated cheers

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better genetics from English dogs but regardless really check for respiratory issues in the bloodline your looking at purchasing from and buy some ear plugs fuckers snore like nothing else on the planet loo
Yer thanks will certainly look at that and yer I been warned the snore bad hahahaha

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This isn't a very helpful post with helping you decide on the ethnicity of your Bulldogs bloodline. But I actually feel bad for the fact that humans have selectively bred dogs that might achieve a more aesthetically pleasing look to the detriment of their health. Bulldogs and Pugs are two that spring to mind that have both had the respiratory issues bred into them over the course of many generations because people like the look of the shorter nose.

Check out this page to see the difference between how dogs looked 100 years ago to how they look today. It's actually a bit disturbing to see the massive de-evolution that selective breeding has brought about. By de-evolution I mean that dog breeds have become vastly less functional for living as they should.

https://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2015/04/02/dog-breeds-1915-vs-2015.aspx

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
This isn't a very helpful post with helping you decide on the ethnicity of your Bulldogs bloodline. But I actually feel bad for the fact that humans have selectively bred dogs that might achieve a more aesthetically pleasing look to the detriment of their health. Bulldogs and Pugs are two that spring to mind that have both had the respiratory issues bred into them over the course of many generations because people like the look of the shorter nose.

Check out this page to see the difference between how dogs looked 100 years ago to how they look today. It's actually a bit disturbing to see the massive de-evolution that selective breeding has brought about. By de-evolution I mean that dog breeds have become vastly less functional for living as they should.

https://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2015/04/02/dog-breeds-1915-vs-2015.aspx
French bulldogs are the same.
It’s actually a form of animal cruelty meddling with nature and contributing to bringing these breeds into existence.

But if I were to buy a bulldog breed I’d go with the Aussie one.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as I love the Bulldogs, I'd only buy a Bulldog if I got it from the RSPCA.

Bulldogs have constant health problems for their entire lives thanks to our selective breeding. They basically live in constant pain and discomfort their whole lives.

The Mrs wanted to get a Bulldog and name it CBB but I just wouldn't do it. Anything that encourages more breeding of Bulldogs isn't a good thing.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Interesting read..I can tell you from my experience with Shepherds.. My current ‘working’ Shepherd is how they used to be..straight back..a lot smaller..but extremely agile and athletic..would leave my other Shepherds in the dust if they had a competition in speed, strength, stamina, and agility..

If you read Max von Stephanitz’s..the guy credited with officially starting the breed..description of the Shepherd..it’s body structure (Including a strong straight back which negates the prevalence of hip dysplasia today which is largely attributed to the breed’s over emphasised sloping back), it’s size..its gait..it’s fitness..is a lot different to what we have today.. Today it’s more about what is aesthetically pleasing to the eye rather than what’s healthy for the dog..

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
If any of you guys have owned a bulldog I am about to buy myself a bulldog but not sure if I should get a Aussie or English would you let me no the pros and cons of both I have done my research on both but I'm still undecided any help would be much appreciated cheers
I love Bulldogs but honestly I reckon German Shepards are the best dogs to have. They are super friendly with children, great guard dogs, and good walking companions.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Almost every dog breed has been changed.
Most terriers breeds have been played with Shepherds also the same.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I got a French, he snores and farts a lot is all I can say

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’d advise buying within driving distance too after the issues/bans with air freight

Wahesh

Reaction score
I got a French, he snores and farts a lot is all I can say
I'm not a big fan of French Bulldogs, but I like the one on Modern Family for some reason lol.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Almost every dog breed has been changed.
Most terriers breeds have been played with Shepherds also the same.
German Shepard's are actually descendants from the Gray Wolf (my favorite wolf) which explains which I love them so much. Overall though, Siberian Huskies are my favorite (black/grey/white fur coat with blue eyes).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
German Shepard's are actually descendants from the Gray Wolf (my favorite wolf) which explains which I love them so much. Overall though, Siberian Huskies are my favorite (black/grey/white fur coat with blue eyes).
Shepherds have hip problems tho :(

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love Bulldogs but honestly I reckon German Shepards are the best dogs to have. They are super friendly with children, great guard dogs, and good walking companions.
German shepherds all the way, cutest puppies ever.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score

The funny thing is I agree but once you get a Pug you won’t get another breed of dog ever again. Pug Life