NRL logos: The best and the worst

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A lot of people here fail to see how awesome our 2015 logo was. I love it - especially the vibrant shade of blue used.

I have loved all our logos Wahesh!! Scooby dooo :tonguewink:

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your mob had this one back in '07

As for their best though, this one has to be it (although I still for the life of me can't figure out what a team would use a Rooster as their mascot)...

Is that a big black cock or a navy cock......?

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the one thing I hate about 1995 is that they referred to us as the 'Sydney Bulldogs'. The one thing I hate about 2004 is that we were referred to as 'The Bulldogs' - I just long for us to once against win a Premiership as the might Canterbury Bulldogs.
You mean the mighty Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that a big black cock or a navy cock......?
Don’t know it’s like one of those picture mind tricks.

Off on a tangent I think my hatred of the chooks started growing up, my neighbour(the mother) use to chop off chickens heads with her axe on a tree chopping block and then drained the blood by hanging them upside down on her metal hills host.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I have loved all our logos Wahesh!! Scooby dooo :tonguewink:
They should remove the 80 years part and use this design every year. Would help alot in sales to with the same sponsored jersey really being the 'new one's every season

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having viewed the @Wahesh Old NSWRL logos post, I am interested in getting TK thoughts on the current logos of the various teams in the NRL. Which teams do you think have the best logos, and which teams have the worst? 2-3 for each, but we will leave the Doggies out, because we already know we have the best logo in the NRL.

My best:

Manly - Always been drawn to their logo, that's a great looking bird and just an all round quality piece of design

Raiders - really nice refresh of the logo, viking looks awesome, the teal blue contrast with the lime green is a nice touch, and the new wordmark is a huge improvement

My Worst:

Titans - Hands down the worst logo in the comp... not sure how anybody would fair on the battlefield with swords that large.. ugly colours.. looks like something you'd see on Twitch

Sharks - flimsy looking Shark, overkill with the white, and the typography is all over the place

View attachment 12651 View attachment 12652 View attachment 12653
Brisbane Broncos - apart from the "Broncos" being written above "Brisbane", i think it is a very good logo and easily identifiable

Canberra Raiders - a very good logo as well and a good decision to update it from the old badge for the 80's and 90's... good use of imagery of historically fearsome raiders being the Vikings (although they did not actually wear horned helmets to my knowledge)

Bulldogs - our current emblem is excellent IMO and a FAR better logo compared to the blind bulldog's head from the early noughties... the black is a throwback to the classic kit, has the blue and white chevron, the full bulldog, the old emblem and year the club was founded... i also like that it is a proper shield like traditional football clubs and not some disney inspired American franchise cartoon

Cronulla Sharks - i like the emblem and think it is a good update on the traditional logo... a shield that cannot contain the shark, name of the club, good use of their colours

Gold Coast Titans - the club botched it from the get go when they were bullied out of using their preferred dolphins as a logo by Redcliffe and then this logo... worst in the comp... the titans in Greek mythology were gods and not some cartoon intended for 4 year olds

Manly Sea Eagles - i preferred their older logo from the 80's and 90's... the current eagle is too cartoonish

Melbourne Storm - good enough... not sure what else you can do with such a logo

Newcastle Knights - have always had good logo with only minor changes... not sure why they had to turn the knight's helmet around for the latest version though

Nth Qld Cowboys - a good logo but i think it is obvious they stole the star from the 'Dallas Cowboys'

Parramatta Eels - reverted back to their traditional 80's logo with the addition of "1947" to the badge... okay i guess but i thought the last logo they had before reverting back to the traditional one was better

Penrith Panthers - great logo... simple, identifiable, the panther is well designed, good use of colour (including the away teal)

South Sydney Rabbitohs - simple and iconic for a foundation club with the most won comps

St George Illawarra Dragons - a proper shield, good imagery with the knight and dragon, good colours etc... best logo in the comp

Sydney Roosters - better than previous logos but still - it's a f*%#ing chicken... might as well have Colonel Sanders on there

NZ Warriors - excellent logo incorporating the cultural aspect of being a NZ based team

Wests Tigers - terrible logo, bad name... to be fair though, although a great name and subject for a logo (ie. a tiger), few clubs with the tiger as an emblem get it right

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
The magpies had a good one. Our old and current one is top notch as well

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of people here fail to see how awesome our 2015 logo was. I love it - especially the vibrant shade of blue used.

fair enough... a great looking emblem, too... added to the CCC jersey that year with the full chevron and 'Jaycar' sponsor looked pretty awesome