News BULLDOGS LEGEND BACKS BOARD

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Turvey is known to be very emotional about the club and sometimes involves himself too much with one sided input that is sometimes harmful to himself and the club.
Well not anymore, he's stepped down and I think given his age and other commitments it's unlikely we'll see him back in an executive or director role.
He'll bleed blue and white until the day he dies and we love him for that.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Are you a voting member? I received a letter through the mail which was posted on here as well. Going by that way of thinking they should have just stood for election and not said anything, there's no need to because there's no rival.

I get there's people here who will support anything and everything the board do, I'm not pro or anti the board, I'm for what's best for the club and results.

The boards had two years, they'll get two more, as I said in another thread if we're here in two years in a similar position I sincerely hope a rival ticket is there.

Speaking for myself I have no sentimentality toward ex bulldogs players being on the board, the daughter of bullfrog or anyone else. They can either do the job or they can't, I've got no interest in their surnames or past.
I’m yet to see anyone on here that support everything and anything the board do mate. I also know Turvey has objected to many things and don’t think he’d like being painted as a “yes man”

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Turvey... without him it would be even more of a shambles.!! Good to have him around, will always bleed the colours and what a legend. 8-)

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The board should be congratulated on re-building the foundations for success, namely the junior talent identification, recruitment and development pipeline. The pipeline that produced Sonny Bill amongst numerous others. It was left to wither under the Dib/Castle/Dessie regime. I am sick and tired of the Johnny come lately posts on this forum that do not appreciate the basics. I was very disappointed in some of Deanno’s selections early last season. And for the resulting shellacking in the early rounds last season, the coach must shoulder the blame. The issue to me is not the board but the coach. In particular, whether Deanno has, by himself or with help, how to select based on match performances and not on the training paddock.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look steve mortimer did his best for our club. But to call him the greatest bulldog of all time is ridiculous.
He layed down milking penalties to the point it was embarrassing as a fan. Worse than any soccer player i have ever seen.
Now terry lamb stepped into bully props and would drop them with a quick one two. I know what bulldog had the the dog of war mentallity. Like it or not its the truth.
If the board has guts like him we are still screwd.
More jobs for mates, how many times has he run away from the club when he doesnt get his own way.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Keep chasing likes scooby.
An opinion has nothing to do with chasing likes... if I’m chasing likes you are.. unless we are not aloud opinions anymore lol. But whatever bud, but don’t condemn my own thoughts. Cheers :innocent:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
There was a rumour going around that he quit because of a problem with the Board. He needed to kill that rumour because it simply wasn’t true.

Go Dogs
I heard on the ABC that Turvey is experiencing short term memory loss, which he puts down to head knocks while he played league. This could also be a reason why he stepped down from the Board.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without our forwards and backs during that period.
Mortimer would of been chased out of town like his nephew was from parra.
He was a good actor. Drew and through the odd good ball. But thats it.
Bullfrog had him surronded with the best in the world.
Mortimer was very average to say. Couldnt tackle, couldnt even kick. Touched the ball about 5 times a game.
Fuck steve his acting is all i remember

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Without our forwards and backs during that period.
Mortimer would of been chased out of town like his nephew was from parra.
He was a good actor. Drew and through the odd good ball. But thats it.
Bullfrog had him surronded with the best in the world.
Mortimer was very average to say. Couldnt tackle, couldnt even kick. Touched the ball about 5 times a game.
Fuck steve his acting is all i remember
Couldn’t tackle? Couldn’t kick? What games were you watching? How many times did Turvey make cover tackles to put opponents into touch? How many chip and chases did he pull off? I remember many. That’s just wrong.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We talk about attitude and consistentcy, the little turd walks out on us every time he doesnt get his own way.
Still a fucking drama queen. If thats the bulldog dna we are fucked for another 20 years.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We talk about attitude and consistentcy, the little turd walks out on us every time he doesnt get his own way.
Still a fucking drama queen. If thats the bulldog dna we are fucked for another 20 years.
Thanks for another stellar performance on the bleat-o-phone.
Bleat-o-Phone.jpg

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Couldn’t tackle? Couldn’t kick? What games were you watching? How many times did Turvey make cover tackles to put opponents into touch? How many chip and chases did he pull off? I remember many. That’s just wrong.
I’ve literally never heard anyone talk about Turvey in that way. Seems very odd

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't think even Bert or Sterlo would've said that!
I think Ray Charles would give a more accurate opinion of Turvey’s game.
I guess we all have players we can’t stand though

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think Ray Charles would give a more accurate opinion of Turvey’s game.
I guess we all have players we can’t stand though
Yes, but rarely from a team you claim to support.
And rarely when they are in Turvey's class.
As much as I can't stand the slimy Eels - I'd never say anything other than Sterlo was a legend and great player.
Credit where it's due.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If we were filled with supporters like you we’d be fucked for life, pull your head in ya moot!