News Best prop in the world headed to belmore ?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Correction as per NRL site, there's a 100k car allowance per year which can be spread across 5 players.
0.1m - Motor Vehicle Allowance – a maximum amount of five motor vehicles may be provided to players in the Top 30 outside of the salary cap. (Valued at $20,000 each).
I don't read that as being limited to 1 car each for 5 players (in the Top 30) it could be 5 cars for 1 player (in the Top 30).
Plus the Cap is annual, so it's $20k per year.
If I lease, say, a $60k car over 3 years ie; at $20k per year, does that comply?

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, but if he’s just “borrowing” it for the term of his contract, then they aren’t really giving it to him are they? ;)
A question for the NRL Salary Cap Auditor, but my view would be that it comes under the Cap definition of "Included Benefits" and would be valued accordingly.

Go Dogs

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Uncle Nick owns car yards so he just got a new Datsun Insult every week. The value never exceeded $20k though because the ‘old’ one was still worth $19.5k when he handed it back. Easy.
Haha rorting at its best lol.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't read that as being limited to 1 car each for 5 players (in the Top 30) it could be 5 cars for 1 player (in the Top 30).
Plus the Cap is annual, so it's $20k per year.
If I lease, say, a $60k car over 3 years ie; at $20k per year, does that comply?

Go Dogs
I think that's a fair assesment.
Makes more sense then your marquee player driving a KIA

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
have we signed him yet ........
Probably going to Rorters or Bunnies........they have 10 million spare each in their caps apparently. Atleast the SC evens up the comp though.