No Source Josh Addo-Carr to Dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If that turns out to be true then that is fucked. My hatred from them gets stronger and stronger and I didn't think it was possible to hate them more than I already did before.
I know the feeling!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can't blame him going to the Bunnies though. I mean. Bennett coach. Top roster. Just signed his mate.

The issue though is the fact they're able to do this is because of the medically retirement of one of their star players.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If that turns out to be true then that is fucked. My hatred for them gets stronger and stronger and I didn't think it was possible to hate them more than I already did before.
It’s worse for me because I actually like Souths due to family reasons. Surely they need to lose a few more players

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he's gone to Souths I'll be pretty disappointed if I'm honest. Mitchell ... nah, reckon we dodged a bullet there if I'm honest. But this lad? Yeah, OK. Wingers aren't exactly the most important position but I do think he would've been an outstanding pickup. Time will tell I guess but the longer it goes the less likely it'll be ...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s worse for me because I actually like Souths due to family reasons. Surely they need to lose a few more players
If they signed Addo Carr they'd have to release either Johnston, Gagai or Douhehi.

Either way, Addo Carr would be an upgrade for them but I'm getting sick of seeing the same two clubs sign the best available talent each year. The league has become so boring and predictable.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How can the rabbits sign

Roberts
Arrow
Mitchell
Addo-Carr

In a matter of months??

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If they signed Addo Carr they'd have to release either Johnston, Gagai or Douhehi.

Either way, Addo Carr would be an upgrade for them but I'm getting sick of seeing the same two clubs sign the best available talent each year. The league has become so boring and predictable.
Everyone is mate. What I mean is that you’d think they’d have to release at least two of them if Arrow comes early

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If they get addo carr questions need to be asked both about them and what we are actually Doing.

We can’t keep missing such high quality.

Let’s be serious.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are 3 clubs that seem to have no salary cap and the NRL turns a blind eye to. Players get exonerated at judiciary's, they have half a rep side but they still sit under the cap, they immediately get medical retirements...the list goes on. Its just that obvious yet nothing is ever done.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If that turns out to be true then that is fucked. My hatred for them gets stronger and stronger and I didn't think it was possible to hate them more than I already did before.
Fuck why did we save them from extinction lmaoo
Apparently we played a part in them not being extinct from the league years ago

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck why did we save them from extinction lmaoo
Apparently we played a part in them not being extinct from the league years ago
We were the only club that voted not to kick them out then gave them 20k to help them when they were trying to come back. I think that's how it went or a long those lines.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can the rabbits sign

Roberts
Arrow
Mitchell
Addo-Carr

In a matter of months??
Surgess and GI cap relief for 2020 is reportedly $1m each.

Reports are Arrow for 700k, LM for $650k. That leaves $650k for Roberts and Carr. Easily done if they move on a Johnson/Douhlie/Gaggai

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Everyone is mate. What I mean is that you’d think they’d have to release at least two of them if Arrow comes early
Logic would dictate that, but this is the NRL.. After the $2 million Greenberg gave them to play with for Inglis and Burgess, they have flexibility and cap space this year. Even after signing Latrell.

But you're right, to get Arrow and/or Fox this year, then they'd have release guys like Douhehi, Gagai and Johnston.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Surgess and GI cap relief for 2020 is reportedly $1m each.

Reports are Arrow for 700k, LM for $650k. That leaves $650k for Roberts and Carr. Easily done if they move on a Johnson/Douhlie/Gaggai
Not defending Souths but thinking about it more they did lose George Burgess and John Sutton too

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well atleast we kept the future of our club Lachlan Lewis, good move LOL.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are 3 clubs that seem to have no salary cap and the NRL turns a blind eye to. Players get exonerated at judiciary's, they have half a rep side but they still sit under the cap, they immediately get medical retirements...the list goes on. Its just that obvious yet nothing is ever done.
It's really worrying that we can't attract quality players....players like JAC want to play in premiership winning teams....dogs simoly dont compare to the rabbits when it comes to quality.....did the club even make an offer to JAC? Here we are waiting for a quality signing for 2021 now that we have the money and we still can't man someone who is in their prime

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
bennett is the master at maintaining a salary cap, look at the broncos and who he managed to squeeze in up there for years, and like i said months ago, addo carr to bunnies in 2021 the crafty old coach got his man, not for 2020 unless bellamy has a big change of heart

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes the outside backs at the bunnies run pretty deep but I don't rate the Reynolds/walker halves combo that highly, more so this year with an average pack of forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.