Marriage and Surnames

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I myself, if I had the gift of getting married, would like it my wife took my name..but alas each to their own..
Decisions in any marriage are one whose business is really nobody but their own.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
If you like cellulite I guess... but seriously, unless they're Brazillian and will follow the Portuguese tradition of generally changing surnames... the rest of the latin american world you have a thing for, won't unfortunately. So, no Colombians for you :grinning:

Not sure why you've mentioned South East Asia, in every country in that part of the world, AFAIK, traditionally changes their names or has to be law.
Its alright theres no shortage of Brazilian women in Sydney and being the mustang that I am, have no trouble clicking with them!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its alright theres no shortage of Brazilian women in Sydney and being the mustang that I am, have no trouble clicking with them!
I'm sure that's all true, but you also spend a lot of time complaining about them...

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sure that's all true, but you also spend a lot of time complaining about them...
Can't live with them and can't live without them.

Things have picked up and I've sorted a few things out with her.

She getting run into the ground thanks to the Ausfailyan government abusing international students with shit wages and extorting them!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't live with them and can't live without them.

Things have picked up and I've sorted a few things out with her.

She getting run into the ground thanks to the Ausfailyan government abusing international students with shit wages and extorting them!
Well, when it comes to the shit wages part, in my experience, it is overwhelming their own cultures that are ripping them off...

Years ago I dated a student from Thailand. She was making ten bucks an hour working a restaurant with no overtime, worker comp etc. In her view she just had to take it

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, when it comes to the shit wages part, in my experience, it is overwhelming their own cultures that are ripping them off...

Years ago I dated a student from Thailand. She was making ten bucks an hour working a restaurant with no overtime, worker comp etc. In her view she just had to take it
Only allowed to work 20 hours a week earning 15 bux an hour and now saying shes had enough of Australia and wants to go home.

But I think this might be a reverse psychology trick to make me say o.k I'll marry you now?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Proud of you mate for standing your ground! Many cucks these days do not and obey whatever the woman says or asks, not me though, if my surname and tradition is not good enough for my woman then they are not worthy to marry imo and that’s exactly what I tell them. Adam came first not Eve, it’s what GOD wanted and no woman has the right to change it no matter how brain washed they are from modern idealism!
Cheers mate, I tried explaining to her that my son is to carry on my family name and my daughter, well as for her last name it will change eventually when she gets married anyway so why make a big fuss about changing their last names. My Family name is dying off so we need as many boys to carry it on which is why I was so strong against it.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck bro I feel for you. But I don’t want to at the same time coz you seem like a guy who actually has some balls and needs no sympathy. Absolute mad lad for sticking your ground.
Cheers bro, I don't fuck around when it comes to my kids.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cheers bro, I don't fuck around when it comes to my kids.
Good man. Fuck I love how you say “my kids” it’s exactly how it fkn is. I know a few too many divorced families where the mother only cares about the kids when it suits themselves for their own agenda. Once they accomplish that mission, they give no fucks about the kids, yet the courts don’t give a shit. women more nice when she talk so better than evil dad.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good man. Fuck I love how you say “my kids” it’s exactly how it fkn is. I know a few too many divorced families where the mother only cares about the kids when it suits themselves for their own agenda. Once they accomplish that mission, they give no fucks about the kids, yet the courts don’t give a shit. women more nice when she talk so better than evil dad.
Even though me and the ex don't see eye to eye, I will give it to her she is actually a really good mum to the kids. Except when it comes to me.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even though me and the ex don't see eye to eye, I will give it to her she is actually a really good mum to the kids. Except when it comes to me.
Lucky bro. I’ll add this story to my statistics hahaha.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
if the woman wants to wear the pants, it's trouble from the get go.. no two ways about it

People jumping into marriage too quickly is the issue imo... not to say that long term partners won't end up in divorce... but so often you will see a couple tie the knot after a couple years of dating... divorced almost as quickly as they were wedded
I was with my ex for 4 years before I proposed to her. 7 years in we were finally getting married, but 5 months before the wedding we broke up due to her "jumping the fence"

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Remember the song by Sam the Sham, it's kind of a creepy song really for back then.

Yes.. it is freaky.. Stalker song.. Like the Police’s I’ll be Watching You..

ps..I like Sam the Sham’s song though!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was with my ex for 4 years before I proposed to her. 7 years in we were finally getting married, but 5 months before the wedding we broke up due to her "jumping the fence"

that sucks man.. and like I said, it definitely can happen to people who were in relationships.. I just notice it is more frequently in the ones that jump straight in.. I attended the weddings of two good friends in recent years and they have both already broken up/ had at least two new partners each since

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
that sucks man.. and like I said, it definitely can happen to people who were in relationships.. I just notice it is more frequently in the ones that jump straight in.. I attended the weddings of two good friends in recent years and they have both already broken up/ had at least two new partners each since
Yeah I hear ya. It's the same kind of thing as couples moving in together after only dating for a couple months.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
what I am really interested to know, is where this whole "step" thing came about.. step families... imo you're either family (blood), or not.. just because two people are dating does not mean everybody related to each of those individuals instantly become one family

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Cheers mate, I tried explaining to her that my son is to carry on my family name and my daughter, well as for her last name it will change eventually when she gets married anyway so why make a big fuss about changing their last names. My Family name is dying off so we need as many boys to carry it on which is why I was so strong against it.
I have been divorced from ex wife since 2012, I left her for many reasons but mainly because she does not know how to respect a man at all, I gave several options to change and get marriage counselling yet she refused and eventually my patience ran out, so I left for the third and final time! I pleaded with her to keep things civil for the sake of our daughters well being but then the real nasty bitch came out of her and she started playing the dominant bullshit mind games with me by not allowing me to have proper fair custody of our daughter, and trying to brainwash our three year old daughter also, I warned her I did not want to go to court but would if her games continued and she kept withholding custody. She forced my hand to take it to court and after two long years and not seeing my daughter until the conclusion of the family court hearing I finally was reunited with my beautiful girl. This is a common theme with females these days, once the husband gets sick of the wife dominating them they finally have enough and leave the relationship, then a lot of women knowing the only way to hurt the husband and get revenge for leaving they use the children as leverage to make the man pay emotionally. I was lucky, it was an extremely hard two years for myself emotionally however I made a decision not to let such a twisted woman dictate to me when and where I see my daughter, I received a very fair hearing from my judge in charge of my case regardless of all the lies she tried using to discredit me as a good Father in court, the Judicial system is very fair towards fathers these days and she was put in her place and now has to abide by the family court order, she still contravenes it occasionally and has been for years but I have a strong loving relationship with my daughter now so all is good and the mother is a miserable piece of work who cant even find another man to put up with her bullshit. I now help other men suffering the same fate as I did and give them my help, knowledge, support and guidance so they can have loving fulfilling relationship with their kids minus the scumbag women who think it’s ok to treat men and their children like this.