NRL logos: The best and the worst

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Having viewed the @Wahesh Old NSWRL logos post, I am interested in getting TK thoughts on the current logos of the various teams in the NRL. Which teams do you think have the best logos, and which teams have the worst? 2-3 for each, but we will leave the Doggies out, because we already know we have the best logo in the NRL.

My best:

Manly - Always been drawn to their logo, that's a great looking bird and just an all round quality piece of design

Raiders - really nice refresh of the logo, viking looks awesome, the teal blue contrast with the lime green is a nice touch, and the new wordmark is a huge improvement

My Worst:

Titans - Hands down the worst logo in the comp... not sure how anybody would fair on the battlefield with swords that large.. ugly colours.. looks like something you'd see on Twitch

Sharks - flimsy looking Shark, overkill with the white, and the typography is all over the place

View attachment 12651 View attachment 12652 View attachment 12653
I have always liked the tiger, dragons and panthers logos.
The worst for me are the titans and storm. Way too basic.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Broncos- pretty generic. No real character to it and I've never seen a horse holding it's neck vertically like that.
Raiders- Pretty good logo. But the horns on the helmet thing is totally unrealistic if you look into historical representations of actual armour. Completely impractical for a warriors helmet to have horns.
Bulldogs- I don't mind the current logo. As others have said it completely shits on the design we used for a couple of years that has been posted here. I absolutely hated that. The only thing that bothers me with this current one is that the blue and white V going on in the background doesn't add anything. Would prefer they just went with blue inside the shield to make the Bulldog stand out more.
Sharks- If not for the fact that it had Sharks written beneath it you would have to look twice to realize it was a shark. But their other option was a bottle of peptides and apparently the powers that be in NRL headquarters quashed that as they've tried too hard to sweep it under the carpet along with their salary cap cheating.
Titans- Pretty shit really. I'd rate it as equal worst. To combat the poor design of the actual titan image they've just splashed really big writing over the top of it.
Manly- Not a bad design. But to be historically correct the eagle needs to be scavenging on the carcass of a bear since their merger basically allowed them to absorb the junior production system of Norths.
Storm- Equal worst with the Titans logo. At least if they have to have someone holding a thunderbolt they could have attempted to make it look like a representation of Thor (the god of thunder of mythology).
Knights- It's not terrible, but it is a downgrade on the recent one that had the reg plume on the helmet as the K in the spelling of Knights.
Cowboys- Very little thought went into this. They've really stolen the concept from the dallas cowboys right down to ripping off the star in their logo (because Texas is considered the lone star state). So it very lazy really. It comes close to ranking as the worst.
Parramatta- Not good, also not terrible. Overall a pretty bland logo.
Panthers- It's not a bad digital image of a panther, but the complete lack of any writing means that it can hardly be seen as representing an NRL team. Ideally a logo should make someone who has never seen your team think cool panther image, but who are these penrith panthers? and look them up (maybe to instigate the possibility of creating a new fan).
Rabbitohs- Also pretty poor design. The rabbit isn't even attention grabbing.
St George- It's not a terrible design. But at first glance it doesn't really leap out at you that it's both a knight and a dragon. They've tried fitting too mjuch in without having either image looking dominant.
Sydney Roosters. I spoke to someone that was asked to design a logo that represented what the team stood for. If their logo had been adopted we'd bee seeing a brown paper bag with money overflowing with the word Shush on the bag. Ultimately the Roosters powerbrokers went with this one.
Warriors- I actually think this design is pretty original and suitable for the club. It's not super appealing visually, but it is a very good fit.
Wests Tigers- Another good design. It looks pretty fierce, but it's another of the merger clubs that really should show the tiger tearing apart a hapless magpie.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imo you don't fark with your clubs logos, it's a marketing ploy and just cheapens them. I don't mind the original or the latest one, but those two in the middle yuk.

upload_2020-1-20_11-40-39.png

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The worst of all time was The Berries.

With opposition supporters laughing and screaming out squash the Berries.

View attachment 12675
Oh I don't know.

Used to go to Belmore with my grandmother where we loved yelling out "c'arn Berries, bury 'em" ...we thought we were pretty clever and left all the opposition supporters just sittin there shaking their heads...we never could work out why hahaha.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yes but I had to say something haha, I can’t just not ya know :tongueclosed:
Yo... you want to know the details of my Google account? Probably not, right? Heck... I'll show you anyway :D

upload_2020-1-20_13-45-41.png

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh I don't know.

Used to go to Belmore with my grandmother where we loved yelling out "c'arn Berries, bury 'em" ...we thought we were pretty clever and left all the opposition supporters just sittin there shaking their heads...we never could work out why hahaha.
Good point.

Just proves I'm a glass half empty person.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Imo you don't fark with your clubs logos, it's a marketing ploy and just cheapens them. I don't mind the original or the latest one, but those two in the middle yuk.

View attachment 12679
Your mob had this one back in '07

As for their best though, this one has to be it (although I still for the life of me can't figure out what a team would use a Rooster as their mascot)...

Wahesh

Reaction score
that's right.. we learnt our lesson with Asian Bulldog

1995 is ok imo... 1978 though.. :grimacing: I don't mind the current version
Well the one thing I hate about 1995 is that they referred to us as the 'Sydney Bulldogs'. The one thing I hate about 2004 is that we were referred to as 'The Bulldogs' - I just long for us to once against win a Premiership as the might Canterbury Bulldogs.

Attachments

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well the one thing I hate about 1995 is that they referred to us as the 'Sydney Bulldogs'. The one thing I hate about 2004 is that we were referred to as 'The Bulldogs' - I just long for us to once against win a Premiership as the might Canterbury Bulldogs.
Sorry I should have worded my post a bit better; was referring to the Rooters logos

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
A lot of people here fail to see how awesome our 2015 logo was. I love it - especially the vibrant shade of blue used.

never even noticed the change in blues... and the only jersey I currently own is an 80 years jersey.. maybe they thought it was too vibrant in contrast with the Bulldog? who knows

Wahesh

Reaction score
never even noticed the change in blues... and the only jersey I currently own is an 80 years jersey.. maybe they thought it was too vibrant in contrast with the Bulldog? who knows
I'm not sure man, but I really really like that one. I reckon if our logo had that contrast of blue, it would've been even better.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your mob had this one back in '07

As for their best though, this one has to be it (although I still for the life of me can't figure out what a team would use a Rooster as their mascot)...

That 2007 one was a purely marketing one celebrating our 100 years as a club. And we stole the logo from a French team I believe and it relates to us being in the East, sun rises, Rooster crows etc.