Any interest in Alex Johnston or Adam Doueihi?

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nothing Meaney can't do that AJ can imo. Be a hard pass on both. Douehi would potentially block Averillo getting a run this season if we got him
Yeah I would give meaney another 12 months to develop before I judge... Hopefully he has had some horse steroids in the off season to bulk up

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think compo money will only cover a like-for-like player to replace Foran. Say a 5/8th - Half-back.
So what, named as a 5/8 and he wears #6, he just plays wide left side 5/8. Real wide, like about where a centre would normally line up, but he's not a centre because he has #6 on his back. Joking aside, the like for like requirement is a joke, firstly there has to be one available and secondly how is it enforced. For example, the Milkman playing 1/2 in attack and then hiding out on wing in defence, would he be replaced by a winger or a 1/2?

Go Dogs

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
club would use the excuse they dont fit the so-called bulldogs dna, we already have their position covered

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
club would use the excuse they dont fit the so-called bulldogs dna, we already have their position covered

Douheihi is Lebanese... he IS Bulldogs DNA... na but in seriousness... given that he is a Balmain jr, and has played under Madge, I won't be surprised if he heads to the Tigs, and he would be a decent pickup for them

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Definitely pass. We need to target quality. They are both average in my view.

Addo-Carr and Fifita should be on the priority list. Joey Leilua would be good also.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't think we need either...

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I think compo money will only cover a like-for-like player to replace Foran. Say a 5/8th - Half-back.
Apparently that's the rule. Makes fuck all sense for clubs with players able to cover multiple positions.

Averillo can cover the halves and centre so why don't the geniuses at NRL account for that situation and let us sign a centre or winger or maybe just fuck up all together and stay out of it.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Neither would be in the starting side , so depth signings if priced as such.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Neither would be in the starting side , so depth signings if priced as such.
Johnston straight on the wing -better than Meaney and Okunbor. Doueihi utility but could give him a shot in the centres.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Meany was absolutely brilliant on the wing late last season i feel he will have a huge year and shut alot up on here and oku on the other wing gives us great metres out of our half just needs remis to not be lazy in defence at centre
Meaney is our best winger (*Reimis is, I'm ready for him to move into the centres tho) and Okunbor is the first one to drop out. Who are you comparing them too? Who are they better than in opposition teams? That's the problem we have.

Last edited:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Meaney is our best winger and Okunbor is the first one to drop out. Who are you comparing them too? Who are they better than in opposition teams? That's the problem we have.
They are young and on the way up jac wasnt a gun in his 1st year of first grade they will be big improvers this year imo

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Meaney is our best winger and Okunbor is the first one to drop out. Who are you comparing them too? Who are they better than in opposition teams? That's the problem we have.
Since we haven't seen who runs out where for what team as yet its a bit hard to tell which wingers are better, so stabbing in the dark;

I'd personally rate Smith, Meaney, Okunbor, Katoa and Crichton above the 5 from the Broncos, even Oates who is so inconsistent. Same for the Cowboys, Feldt does OK, but he goes missing for long periods in game. Dragons wingers, I think our 5 are streets ahead of any of them. Who the hell have the Knights got, Lee the Sharks reject and then? Penrith where Mansour seems to have lost his ability to play constantly at any decent level. The Wabbits are so mixed up I can't even guess who they might line up on the wing, Johnston maybe, he does OK, but if Mitchell flops he'll be back at Fullback or Gagai who is looking for a way out so he doesn't have to play wing. Who the Titans wingers are going to be I don't think matters, I'd take our 5 every time. Same for the Tigers, pretty toothless on the wing there. The Sharks have 4 NRL level centres and no wingers, not sure how the Josh's will go playing out of position.

Overall I think we rate pretty well for wingers, it's centres where we have one good one and ..........

Go Dogs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Since we haven't seen who runs out where for what team as yet its a bit hard to tell which wingers are better, so stabbing in the dark;

I'd personally rate Smith, Meaney, Okunbor, Katoa and Crichton above the 5 from the Broncos, even Oates who is so inconsistent. Same for the Cowboys, Feldt does OK, but he goes missing for long periods in game. Dragons wingers, I think our 5 are streets ahead of any of them. Who the hell have the Knights got, Lee the Sharks reject and then? Penrith where Mansour seems to have lost his ability to play constantly at any decent level. The Wabbits are so mixed up I can't even guess who they might line up on the wing, Johnston maybe, he does OK, but if Mitchell flops he'll be back at Fullback or Gagai who is looking for a way out so he doesn't have to play wing. Who the Titans wingers are going to be I don't think matters, I'd take our 5 every time. Same for the Tigers, pretty toothless on the wing there. The Sharks have 4 NRL level centres and no wingers, not sure how the Josh's will go playing out of position.

Overall I think we rate pretty well for wingers, it's centres where we have one good one and ..........

Go Dogs
Crichton is one of the worst wingers in the NRL (if he's still the same level when he last played for us I don't want to see him ever play for us again). Never seen Katoa play so I can't rate him. Reimis, Meaney and Okunbor are the only ones we should be mentioning as they're in the NRL. Even after seeing what you've written I find it hard to say we're better than many teams.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Both are out of Souths starting side. AJ could be a great wing option for us as he can score a try. Also Adam Doueihi can play anywhere in the backline and has been told by Souths to look for another club.

I'd take both for between 300k-400k.
No thanks I would pass on both, if we really have aspirations to return to the top we need to think bigger and hold our cash for top tier players not keep on signing these middle/low tier players.

Dog R Us

Waterboy
Reaction score
700k for Douheihi? He looks to have great potential but at that price let Souths find out if he can fulfil that potential.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Can’t agree on Chrichton and Okb. If Okb has improved significantly then there may be a spot but the new can’t tackle offensive player catching the ball all but rules out short wingers (unless they can fly like Jordan)

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Can’t agree on Chrichton and Okb. If Okb has improved significantly then there may be a spot but the new can’t tackle offensive player catching the ball all but rules out short wingers (unless they can fly like Jordan)
I think the reverse also applies, the short guys who have to jump in the air to catch the ball have an advantage (can't tackle them till they land). The tall guys who don't have to jump to catch the ball are at a disadvantage (can tackle them as soon as they touch the ball).

Go Dogs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think the reverse also applies, the short guys who have to jump in the air to catch the ball have an advantage (can't tackle them till they land). The tall guys who don't have to jump to catch the ball are at a disadvantage (can tackle them as soon as they touch the ball).

Go Dogs
So what happens to your theory when the tall guy jumps?