Official A MESSAGE FROM THE BOSS

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean pay stated we are after the kalyn ponga mould and used the words marquee....
Nor did we. We simply said it wouldn’t be possible to be active in the player market until 2021 to set expectations for 2018 and 2019 at a minimum. So anyone who took that as ‘we’re going to town with the cheque book, just wait until you see who we announce in November 2019’ in my view misunderstood the message.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Dean pay stated we are after the kalyn ponga mould and used the words marquee....
Yeah - and he also publicly criticised a ref in his first year. Notice how after that nothing further? He’s been media trained on what he can and can’t say publicly.

Either way an off the cuff remark from the coach doesn’t mean a formal position from the club. If you listen to them now all they say is ‘we’re always looking for quality players’ - a deliberate slam the door shut to speculation until they’re ready to talk. You likely don’t buy that and that’s fine, I’m not fazed either way.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a side note, do you know much about this Adrian Turner bloke other than what has been stated on his manifesto by the club?
A yes man, or will he have the balls to enter into robust discussions with the other board members?
Yeah - and he also publicly criticised a ref in his first year. Notice how after that nothing further? He’s been media trained on what he can and can’t say publicly.

Either way an off the cuff remark from the coach doesn’t mean a formal position from the club. If you listen to them now all they say is ‘we’re always looking for quality players’ - a deliberate slam the door shut to speculation until they’re ready to talk. You likely don’t buy that and that’s fine, I’m not fazed either way.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should have 4M to spend, you don't call this a buying spree, at least half the cap?
What are we going to do with the money, upgrade some of the niff nuffs we currently have to get to 95% of our cap, if we cannot recruit accordingly?
If they resign, Montoya,Holland,Elliott,tolman amongst others there will be an uproar for sure.
They have said all along we are out of cap hell in 2021 and have the ability to buy a marquee then they have never said we are going on a buying spree.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We should have 4M to spend, you don't call this a buying spree, at least half the cap?
What are we going to do with the money, upgrade some of the niff nuffs we currently have to get to 95% of our cap, if we cannot recruit accordingly?
If they resign, Montoya,Holland,Elliott,tolman amongst others there will be an uproar for sure.
There’s already 18 players contracted for 21 and I’d say the other 12 spots will be a mix of juniors getting promoted and fresh players added I’d say.

Unfortunately I think Elliott will be one of the players re-signed which I’m not happy about but you never get everything your way.

You are completely fabricating that $4 mill. You need to relax you have all these ideas in your head that you’re convinced are going to happen.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
On a side note, do you know much about this Adrian Turner bloke other than what has been stated on his manifesto by the club?
A yes man, or will he have the balls to enter into robust discussions with the other board members?
Met him a couple of times but don’t know him well. Difficult to say to be honest. All board candidates have a chance to pitch themselves at the three forums. I couldn’t make the first but intend to go to one of the others before the election. Perhaps another voting member can comment on that - but may not wish to give away how they feel about any particular candidate.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much do we have $$ seeing you have the inside workings of the club and the salary cap spend....
How can I be fabricating, aren't you doing the same? Unless of course you have an open book of the club's salary cap.
There’s already 18 players contracted for 21 and I’d say the other 12 spots will be a mix of juniors getting promoted and fresh players added I’d say.

Unfortunately I think Elliott will be one of the players re-signed which I’m not happy about but you never get everything your way.

You are completely fabricating that $4 mill. You need to relax you have all these ideas in your head that you’re convinced are going to happen.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How much do we have $$ seeing you have the inside workings of the club and the salary cap spend....
How can I be fabricating, aren't you doing the same? Unless of course you have an open book of the club's salary cap.
I never claimed to know how much money we have to spend unlike you....

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
James Hooper said we have an 8M war chest.
He must be right, and it must be true cause I read it on the internet ...lol

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but your trying to portay me like a fool, and that your a superior being..champ.
Your downplaying what we have to spend, and advising that we will be resigning Adam Elliott.
I never claimed to know how much money we have to spend unlike you....

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah but your trying to portay me like a fool, and that your a superior being..champ.
Your downplaying what we have to spend, and advising that we will be resigning Adam Elliott.
Making up salary cap amounts to spend and stating them as fact is rather foolish in my opinion. I’m not advising anything I just have a gut feeling that Elliott will be retained. Anyway this is going no where all the best.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder if it's the same bloke that used to post as como dog on TK
Met him a couple of times but don’t know him well. Difficult to say to be honest. All board candidates have a chance to pitch themselves at the three forums. I couldn’t make the first but intend to go to one of the others before the election. Perhaps another voting member can comment on that - but may not wish to give away how they feel about any particular candidate.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Wonder if it's the same bloke that used to post as como dog on TK
I honestly have no idea.
I tend not to dwell on whether people I meet in real life might be Kennelers :-)

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I honestly have no idea.
I tend not to dwell on whether people I meet in real life might be Kennelers :-)
Every time I meet a Lebanese person I wonder if they are on the kennel and if they were I had upset them at any stage :anguished:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

it was also reported that Latrell's management asked Bulldogs for a final hour offer from us before they signed with Souths... it's easiest just to believe nothing from the media I find

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
it was also reported that Latrell's management asked Bulldogs for a final hour offer from us before they signed with Souths... it's easiest just to believe nothing from the media I find
Very true mate. I don’t understand why people get so worked up over media reports and take them as gospel, particularly with recruitment & contract prices

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He may well have been right at the time he wrote it, but since then we have signed, resigned, extended and promoted. So even if the $8m was correct back then, it sure as hell isn't now.

Go Dogs

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very true mate. I don’t understand why people get so worked up over media reports and take them as gospel, particularly with recruitment & contract prices
Especially with how secretive the club is nowadays.

It seems the club is recruiting players they want to be bulldogs first and foremost, so that rules out mercenaries and title hogs. Ergo, it also rules out most top line (“marquee”) players.

When we win our next title though, it will be very special.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He may well have been right at the time he wrote it, but since then we have signed, resigned, extended and promoted. So even if the $8m was correct back then, it sure as hell isn't now.

Go Dogs
That’s right, the big bald dope based that figure on if all of our off contract players weren’t re-signed for 2021. No doubt he was well off with contract figures as he always is too

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

That's it... media is mostly just a tool for management these days.. pretty sure we were linked to at least 30 players last year :tearsofjoy: