Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
A sales pitch to other players maybe?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good on ya Jacko!! I agree, we are on the rise. We may not have signed a superstar like some other clubs, but we are building a very solid foundation for future success. We are focusing on purchasing the right players, for the right price (not overs) that will fit into our clubs values, to rebuild our culture. We are focusing on junior development, and making our club a place that players want to be.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yh but are you playing lock this season?!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All hinges on how Stimson goes on an edge you'd think.
Apparently Stimson was playing lock in Qcup when he wasn't playing for the Storm, wouldn't be surprised if we bought him to play there. Also wouldn't be surprised if Elliott is still starting there come round 1 lol.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good on ya Jacko!! I agree, we are on the rise. We may not have signed a superstar like some other clubs, but we are building a very solid foundation for future success. We are focusing on purchasing the right players, for the right price (not overs) that will fit into our clubs values, to rebuild our culture. We are focusing on junior development, and making our club a place that players want to be.
You will probably take this the wrong way. I’m not trying to flame you, but I’d be interested to see how clubs who have recruited top talent this year ala Parra and Souths go in comparison to us re-signing Elliots and bringing in guys like Britt when it comes to semi final football and winning the comp. I hope you are right come September....

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently Stimson was playing lock in Qcup when he wasn't playing for the Storm, wouldn't be surprised if we bought him to play there. Also wouldn't be surprised if Elliott is still starting there come round 1 lol.
Don't think so... Watched all but a few of the tigers games highlights when sussing out Stimson when we signed him and most of his footy was played on an edge.

It could work having Elliot and Stimson as your roaming forwards and probably worth a try if Jacko is playing good footy on an edge... Time, trial and error will probably prevail on this one.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You will probably take this the wrong way. I’m not trying to flame you, but I’d be interested to see how clubs who have recruited top talent this year ala Parra and Souths go in comparison to us re-signing Elliots and bringing in guys like Britt when it comes to semi final football and winning the comp. I hope you are right come September....
You can never quantify these things, so it comes down to personal opinion. But if you compare our results to another team with a far superior roster, and we are doing just as good, it goes a long way towards proving the culture and atmosphere is evident.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: he is what bulldogs are. That is all! And any sick a fantasy wanna be bulldogs fans that say otherwise can shut the front door on their thumb. Ya bland spaghetti bol

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Been a great player and deserves to be part of the rebuild. Should give him a crack at lock and help make the middle stronger. Lost a bit of speed with injuries over the years so I think the middle would suit his tough style well. Stimson and CHN on the edges gives us options both sides IMO.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I love Jacko and glad he is staying with us. Pay needs to move him to lock where he would be way more effective for the team and would invigorate his game after a lackustre 2019 season. He isnt a 2nd rower and its a shame Pay doesnt see it that way.

But hey we have Adam Elliot, the next immortal according to the kennel... lol

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Wabbits have notably lost Sutton, Burgess x 2 and Inglis and gained Mitchell. Without Arrow their forwards look a little suspect, that’s why they are so desperate to get him this year.

From memory Parra have lost Mannah, Man’u, Moeroa, Hoffman and Leleisiuao and signed Matterson and RCG. I see that as a net loss on paper, so let’s see how it works out on the field.

Both lost a lot of Cap space and as a result had the capacity to recruit. The question is are the recruits net better for the team than the losses?

When compared to us next year where we free up a lot of cap space without the necessity to lose notable players. We have the capability for a substantial net gain.

Go Dogs

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s have faith like jacko.. we will be fine this year... !!