Official A MESSAGE FROM THE BOSS

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder which year this will happen,( the winning more,and crowds and member numbers) as supporters are unaware of their strategic and or marketing plans and milestones?

Just be patient is all we get...
But they are working like little elves behind the scenes..we hear..

So has it come down to just hoping and praying we start winning and all will be good..

Bad business ..

Don’t think it’ll matter much when we start winning more - crowds will return and member numbers will rise. Makes no difference to me - I’m there regardless.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Winning more games...... please

don’t forget this board tried to sign Michael Jennings!!

MR SS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I guess it depends on one's definition of "a small fee". As best as I can tell, currently it's $10 per game for the supporters bus, which basically doubles the cost if I buy a 3 or 5 Game Package for the 4 parramatta games. Next year it will be $120/$130 for the season, depending on how many home games we give away. Compared to if I catch the public transport bus, train, train and bus it's free. The supporters bus both ways plus getting to Belmore takes longer than the game itself, the public transport option takes even longer. And that's if the timetables align, which they never do. Plus I caught the bus to the Canterbury Cup game last year and after the game I stood around for almost an hour waiting to get on one. That made me miss the connections and all up I spent almost 4 hours getting to and from the game. Cost isn't a deal breaker, but I have plenty of others things to do with my time and both added together makes games at Parramatta not at all attractive to me, could be for others but not for me.

Next, there is quite likely a short term financial gain in taking the NRL's money for the (notso) magic round and playing a home game away in Perth. But there is a longer term cost, how many members do we lose for next season because we only play 6 "home" games? There's no discount for membership, we still pay the same as if we were playing 12/13 games at "home". What's the effect of that going forward, how many members do we lose in 2021 and 2022 when we have 1 or maybe 2 games at "home" (Belmore)? How many members, once they have not been members for 3 years, will come back once ANZ is available again? I have no idea how the short term gain compares to the long term loss, but based on what I have heard from other members it's not as beneficial as some might have us believe. It was raised at the last member's forum, where quite few people expressed their concerns, and it will be at the next one.

All IMHO of course.

Go Dogs
wow your a sook. Whoo caressssss

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So really, they have tried to sign at least 20 players, all knocked them.back...

So the company line is now we are a development club..

Where is the strategic plan...make it up as we go along me thinks
Winning more games...... please

don’t forget this board tried to sign Michael Jennings!!

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So so sad that we actually tried to sign a clapped out has been like Michael Jennings...... even worse he turned us down

but it shows you how our recruitment direction is going..,.. you’d think we would have learnt from Foran but nope

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Puts away the myth about being a development club, treating us like fools..
So so sad that we actually tried to sign a clapped out has been like Michael Jennings...... even worse he turned us down

but it shows you how our recruitment direction is going..,.. you’d think we would have learnt from Foran but nope

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it depends on one's definition of "a small fee". As best as I can tell, currently it's $10 per game for the supporters bus, which basically doubles the cost if I buy a 3 or 5 Game Package for the 4 parramatta games. Next year it will be $120/$130 for the season, depending on how many home games we give away. Compared to if I catch the public transport bus, train, train and bus it's free. The supporters bus both ways plus getting to Belmore takes longer than the game itself, the public transport option takes even longer. And that's if the timetables align, which they never do. Plus I caught the bus to the Canterbury Cup game last year and after the game I stood around for almost an hour waiting to get on one. That made me miss the connections and all up I spent almost 4 hours getting to and from the game. Cost isn't a deal breaker, but I have plenty of others things to do with my time and both added together makes games at Parramatta not at all attractive to me, could be for others but not for me.

Next, there is quite likely a short term financial gain in taking the NRL's money for the (notso) magic round and playing a home game away in Perth. But there is a longer term cost, how many members do we lose for next season because we only play 6 "home" games? There's no discount for membership, we still pay the same as if we were playing 12/13 games at "home". What's the effect of that going forward, how many members do we lose in 2021 and 2022 when we have 1 or maybe 2 games at "home" (Belmore)? How many members, once they have not been members for 3 years, will come back once ANZ is available again? I have no idea how the short term gain compares to the long term loss, but based on what I have heard from other members it's not as beneficial as some might have us believe. It was raised at the last member's forum, where quite few people expressed their concerns, and it will be at the next one.

All IMHO of course.

Go Dogs
1. The least the club could do for the BW home games is make the transfer buses free for members.
2. last year and this years magic round should’ve been dogs away games, and 21-22 be home games (since we have no home then). It’d be very sad if the club has prioritised a splash of cash over fans and team

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
1. The least the club could do for the BW home games is make the transfer buses free for members.
2. last year and this years magic round should’ve been dogs away games, and 21-22 be home games (since we have no home then). It’d be very sad if the club has prioritised a splash of cash over fans and team
I don’t think ‘prioritising a cash splash’ is reality. It costs a hell of a lot more to run the football club than the value of the NRL grant - and particularly until sponsorship revenue increases - the club has to make decisions that provide that revenue.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So really, they have tried to sign at least 20 players, all knocked them.back...
Who?
Then name the 20 and provide sources for each one named.
Then tell us exactly how that was going to fit into our Salary Cap this year.

As the line goes, put up or shut up.

Go Dogs

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who?

Go Dogs
The management has made it quite clear that they will not be discussing player movements or contracts full stop.
Media reporting is just pure speculation and laughable at times
Hill has said ignore the stories
How people come up with very specific recruitment numbers and possible offers is beyond me.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You get the drift mate.

They have gone after heaps of players and No success and revert to being a development club after failure
Who?

Go Dogs

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You get the drift mate.

They have gone after heaps of players and No success and revert to being a development club after failure

I can't want to see what sorta players DWZ and CHN develop into.. they have international written all over them

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You get the drift mate.
So now it’s gone from “at least 20 players” to “heaps of players”. The same question, who are they, name them and the source? You have obviously arrived at the number based on your extensive research, so please share it with us.

Then please feel free to detail exactly how those “heaps of players” were going to fit into our salary cap this year.

No I don’t “get the drift”, I need your help to catch up.

Go Dogs

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fact of matter is no one knows what our salary cap position was or is now.
So if you have that information please share.
My personal opinion is that our salary cap position was not as bad as the do nothing board made out.( and continue to take mileage from it)
In respect to players approached and rejected us, speak to Chris Anderson he knows first hand....hence why no longer with us
So now it’s gone from “at least 20 players” to “heaps of players”. The same question, who are they, name them and the source? You have obviously arrived at the number based on your extensive research, so please share it with us.

Then please feel free to detail exactly how those “heaps of players” were going to fit into our salary cap this year.

No I don’t “get the drift”, I need your help to catch up.

Go Dogs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fact of matter is no one knows what our salary cap position was or is now.
So if you have that information please share.
My personal opinion is that our salary cap position was not as bad as the do nothing board made out.( and continue to take mileage from it)
In respect to players approached and rejected us, speak to Chris Anderson he knows first hand....hence why no longer with us
You know why Opes left and it has nothing to do with that