News BULLDOGS LEGEND BACKS BOARD

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Steve Mortimer will publicly support the current Bulldogs board after contacting Lynne Anderson last week to reaffirm his allegiance ahead of the next election.

In a move that will kill off any suggestion of a split after “Turvey” gave up his board position, he emailed Anderson with a heartfelt endorsement.

In the email, the Bulldogs legend also committed to continuing with the club as a “proud” ambassador.

Mortimer wrote: “My brother Peter, Joe Thomas and Adrian Turner are all true-blue Bulldogs people who I know will work very hard and passionately to get our club back on top … for 2020/21.”

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Considering what he did on the field and off it there’s no doubt he’s the greatest Bulldog of all time. He always has time for the fans and is a absolute gentleman.
Easily our greatest contributor of all time

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its good to have stability and whilst i think recruitment has been poor i do feel the board are laying the foundations for long term success and building a really tight nit culture.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering what he did on the field and off it there’s no doubt he’s the greatest Bulldog of all time. He always has time for the fans and is a absolute gentleman.
That was nicely said Mr 84 and well deserved no doubt.
Turvey is a true champion who always has our great club in his thoughts
A clubman in every sense of the word
I see him on a regular basis walking the dog,Steve always says hello and greets people with a friendly smile.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lovely people but I have to say they are stuck I bit in the past. Turvey idea to increase crowds was to have mod league games at half time so all the mums and dad family member buy tickets that will get a couple of hundred extra.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Would anyone expect Turvey to come out and say anything different, his brother is on the ticket.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Would anyone expect Turvey to come out and say anything different, his brother is on the ticket.
He still chose to write it. If he had negative feelings he could’ve simply said nothing - irrespective of his brother.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He still chose to write it. If he had negative feelings he could’ve simply said nothing - irrespective of his brother.
Mate, anyone who knows Turvey knows he would never do that. He supports pretty much anything bulldogs, good on him.

The truth is he was probably asked by the current board for an endorsement and he's done that.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, anyone who knows Turvey knows he would never do that. He supports pretty much anything bulldogs, good on him.

The truth is he was probably asked by the current board for an endorsement and he's done that.
There was a rumour going around that he quit because of a problem with the Board. He needed to kill that rumour because it simply wasn’t true.

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Exactly. I couldn't give a shit about what anyone on the board or who supports the board has to say, all that matters this season are performances and results. The footy needs to do all the talking from here on out.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Not sure why anyone needs an endorsement in the absence of a rival ticket so why would he have been asked?

But yes, he has lived and breathed the club on and off the field for 40+ years.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly. I couldn't give a shit about what anyone on the board or who supports the board has to say, all that matters this season are performances and results. The footy needs to do all the talking from here on out.
No more excuses. If Pay fails to get us into the 8 this year.....then it's bye bye.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone needs an endorsement in the absence of a rival ticket so why would he have been asked?

But yes, he has lived and breathed the club on and off the field for 40+ years.
Are you a voting member? I received a letter through the mail which was posted on here as well. Going by that way of thinking they should have just stood for election and not said anything, there's no need to because there's no rival.

I get there's people here who will support anything and everything the board do, I'm not pro or anti the board, I'm for what's best for the club and results.

The boards had two years, they'll get two more, as I said in another thread if we're here in two years in a similar position I sincerely hope a rival ticket is there.

Speaking for myself I have no sentimentality toward ex bulldogs players being on the board, the daughter of bullfrog or anyone else. They can either do the job or they can't, I've got no interest in their surnames or past.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

He endorsed the Dib board as well. Entitled to express his view but it does change.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Are you a voting member? I received a letter through the mail which was posted on here as well. Going by that way of thinking they should have just stood for election and not said anything, there's no need to because there's no rival.

I get there's people here who will support anything and everything the board do, I'm not pro or anti the board, I'm for what's best for the club and results.

The boards had two years, they'll get two more, as I said in another thread if we're here in two years in a similar position I sincerely hope a rival ticket is there.

Speaking for myself I have no sentimentality toward ex bulldogs players being on the board, the daughter of bullfrog or anyone else. They can either do the job or they can't, I've got no interest in their surnames or past.
Yes I am and agree with pretty much everything else you said in this post.
I think my position has been made very clear in numerous posts (some might say too many :-)) over the last few months.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He endorsed the Dib board as well. Entitled to express his view.
Indeed. He's so Bulldogs he was the one who publicly said we were 'losing our way' under the Despot.
He paid for that by losing his board seat for around a year before re-joining and then sustaining at the last election.
No one would ever question Turvey's commitment to the club, even in times of poisonous politics.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes I am and agree with pretty much everything else you said in this post.
I think my position has been made very clear in numerous posts over the last few months.
Do you have a personal association with Board members also Dinkum?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Indeed. He's so Bulldogs he was the one who publicly said we were 'losing our way' under the Despot.
He paid for that by losing his board seat for around a year before re-joining and then sustaining at the last election.
No one would ever question Turvey's commitment to the club, even in times of poisonous politics.
Turvey is known to be very emotional about the club and sometimes involves himself too much with one sided input that is sometimes harmful to himself and the club.