News Canterbury set for just $350,000 in cap relief for losing Kieran Foran

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Um we do want it! and how do you figure we don’t need it? What drugs are you on? We need any help we can get we haven’t even made the top 4 since 2012
I don't how to respond to this... Maybe a hug and some consolation?

I think you need to understand we aren't winning a comp in 2020 unless the magical happens. Realise 2020 is about solidifying our line-up for the next few years which means everybody we have at the club signed for 2020-21 need to show they are part of the future.

If we use that 350k to buy a half then how are we ever going to find out if Lewis, Coggar and/or Wakeham will be future halves at the club if they don't get game time.

If we grab a centre/5/8 like Douhie or Bird then that kills off Harpers, Averillo's and Montoya's developments..

We have plenty of players vying for positions and break out seasons playing for long term contracts, best let us find out who deserves them because we already have enough douhie's and half halves at the club and we don't need anymore.

BUT if we are going to buy someone then look for a hooker/halve as we have fcuk all backups if King and Katoa go down.

Last edited:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't how to respond to this... Maybe a hug and some consolation?

I think you need to understand we aren't winning a comp in 2020 unless the magical happens. Realise 2020 is about solidifying our line-up for the next few years which means everybody we have at the club signed for 2020-21 need to show they are part of the future.

If we use that 350k to buy a half then how are we ever going to find out if Lewis, Coggar and/or Wakeham will be future halves at the club if they don't get game time.

If we grab a centre/5/8 like Douhie or Bird then that kills off Harpers, Averillo's and Montoya's developments..

We have plenty of players vying for positions and break out seasons playing for long term contracts, best let us find out who deserves them because we already have enough douhie's and half halves at the club and we don't need anymore.

BUT if we are going to buy someone then look for a hooker/halve as we have fcuk all backups if King and Katoa go down.

Now a hug would have been cute. Seems like you feel my pain.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we dont get jac id rather wait for a decent player to have a fallout with his current club which happens every year than just buying someone average

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If we dont get jac id rather wait for a decent player to have a fallout with his current club which happens every year than just buying someone average
Same or entice Thomo to come this year instead of 2021.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Then again you don’t buy a commodore with a blown head, leaky radiator, no brakes & a hole in the sump and whack it straight in Bathurst

the dogs knew what they were getting when they signed him and why they allowed him to play for NZ who knows especially after his track record the last few years

before the game I posted he’ll be injured early and be out for most of the year and duck me did I get howled down and told I was negative blah blah blah

this to me is a failure of the new board they should have pulled him aside and said wake the fuck up son instead they did the opposite
Foran was nothing but a marquee signing leverage tool used by the previous board to possibly further their interest in being re elected two seasons/elections ago no different to Aaron Woods, both were dud signings regardless how Dib and co paraded them around as marquee signings! The current board have shown their qualities by showing duty of care and honouring contracts re Hasler/Foran that were not signed off on by the current administration! You can at the very least admit that is the truth here yes?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Foran was nothing but a marquee signing leverage tool used by the previous board to possibly further their interest in being re elected two seasons/elections ago no different to Aaron Woods, both were dud signings regardless how Dib and co paraded them around as marquee signings! The current board have shown their qualities by showing duty of care and honouring contracts re Hasler/Foran that were not signed off on by the current administration! You can at the very least admit that is the truth here yes?
Love it mate - but you’re wasting your time trying to reason with the bleaters, facts are very inconvenient for them and no matter what is said they’ll find something wrong. Best off just to ignore and focus on the future which starts in a few short weeks.