News Best prop in the world headed to belmore ?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
From all reports this player is quality and will bring aggression
In saying that for us to be really successful we need Napa in particular and a few others to also play with the same tempo
We need a pack mentality just like some of our old teams did.
Impose dominance in defence & then make good meters
Getting out of our danger zone with 3 or 4 good hit ups will then lay a platform for our halves to do something
piss tolman off and that would be a great start.

zero aggression that bloke has

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tend to disagree a bit... maybe his asking price is too much but Addo-Carr is up there with the strongest wingers in the game.... He has very good upper body strength like Minichielo... He fends off players when he darts from dummy half and is real hard to handle.... Watch the origin games..
Everyone knows how good he is and there are some players like A-C that go to another level when they play SOO. Robbie Farrah was a great player for the Tigers over the years and at one stage was in a battle with Mick Ennis for the Blues hooker. Being a dogs fan I was surprised that didn’t pick Ennis but they went with Farrah and he had an outstanding game in that Origin. Back to A-C and from what I’m hearing not many clubs are willing to pay a winger $700K a season he is asking for. Especially in our current situation with the cap.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
piss tolman off and that would be a great start.

zero aggression that bloke has
Yes mate I tend to agree that his best days are well and truly behind him.
I do believe his intention to do his best is unquestionably but at the end of the day we need forwards that can bend the line and hurt in defence which I don’t see either at the games
Just not enough leg drive to cause any impact in the modern game
I personally don’t think that we should extend his contract any further to be honest.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yes mate I tend to agree that his best days are well and truly behind him.
I do believe his intention to do his best is unquestionably but at the end of the day we need forwards that can bend the line and hurt in defence which I don’t see either at the games
Just not enough leg drive to cause any impact in the modern game
I personally don’t think that we should extend his contract any further to be honest.
It's hard to see that happening - he'll be almost 32 at the end of this coming season.
So unless he gets a bonus extension to the end of 2021 as some other players have I think good chance this will be his last year at Belmore.
He's been a good club man and always given his best (often playing 80min) - but as you say, time to look to the future and I'm sure he even gets that.

Last edited:

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's hard to see that happening - he'll he almost 32 at the end of this coming season.
So unless he gets a bonus extension to the end of 2021 as some other players have I think good chance this will be his last year at Belmore.
He's been a good club man and always given his best (often playing 80min) - but as you say, time to look to the future and I'm sure he even gets that.
There is no doubt and totally agree that Aiden is a great clubman
I hope he realises that his best days are behind him and leaves the game gracefully
Otherwise it will be an issue for Dean & management to make a tough call
Do what is necessary for our great club to progress into the future.
No time for bleeding hearts lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I hope he realises that his best days are behind him and leaves the game gracefully
Hardly a tough call, if Thompsons in then Tolmans out. Doesn't make any sense to re-sign Tolman and Elliott with him coming, the people making decisions simply need to be ruthless and actually prioritise winning.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think they showed that at the end of last season cutting Liccha, Nu Brown, Danny F, Olive etc - none of whom have signed elsewhere.
Now there's night and day between those guys and Aiden in terms of tenure and effort - but at the end of the day the club has to come first.
I don't think Aiden will be the only one who goes at the end of the year either...

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lets hope we hear an announcement from the club soon so that way it puts an end to the speculation.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hardly a tough call, if Thompsons in then Tolmans out. Doesn't make any sense to re-sign Tolman and Elliott with him coming, the people making decisions simply need to be ruthless and actually prioritise winning.
We definitely need to start winning again and this should be the main focal point from a management point of view.
Things like personalities,friendships and loyalty need to be set aside sometimes for the good of this champion club.
There cannot be any favouritism shown to any player at all.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
imagine if this guy comes to Australia and is a massive flop.... I know that "best prop in the world" was just a throwaway comment by a mate, but there is so much hype being built up around the guy

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Should be trying for a swap deal with Saint Helens tbh

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Canberra connection have all come here and excelled. They are his international team mates and would know about him better than us. They wouldn’t want a player in their team they didn’t think could make it in the NRL.
He may not be the best in the world at the moment. No one rated Hodgkin, Bateman, Elliot, and I dare say Graham or Burgess that highly.
All other targets from the NRL are knocking us back. Time we adopt another method. Working for Raiders. Can’t hurt.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoping it comes to fruition and he’s plays to potential.

I can see Tolman being re-signed as a benchie/ CC captain to keep some experience around the sheds

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
hope hes is good as they say ticks one of the boxes..prop hooker and a half