News Best prop in the world headed to belmore ?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's been some decent talent come across recently to teams like the raiders, would be a good signing as long as the dollars are sensible.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you think he will pick the bulldogs instead of his previous coach in Holbrook and the titans?
Why would he do that?
I think Thompson will bring that aggression and stop teams from rolling down the middle..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So you think he will pick the bulldogs instead of his previous coach in Holbrook and the titans?
Why would he do that?
Money. We have it for 2021. If we really want him we can afford him. Titans? Maybe, they’ve lost Jai Arrow for 2021.
He may not be a Darius Boyd and follow his old coach around like a lost puppy.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear some on here saying we need backs not another forward......that's not what the Club is saying. From what I've heard that is why they pulled out of the race regarding L Mitchell. Asking price was way to much and he's only signed with the Bunnies for the one year at the moment. They're very keen to sign another high profile forward, probably not this year as we still have cap issues but they should be freed up by the end of this year and that puts us back into Finals contention for next season I'd say.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also I heard a Legend of the game on radio say he wouldn't buy Addo-Carr with what he's after. Way to much money for a back and he also said that while he's one of the best finishes in the game you need a winger that can barge through the defensive line like Storm or Eels wingers from Fiji......You don't get that from A-C and he has been made look exceptional with the players around him at the Storm.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hear some on here saying we need backs not another forward......that's not what the Club is saying. From what I've heard that is why they pulled out of the race regarding L Mitchell. Asking price was way to much and he's only signed with the Bunnies for the one year at the moment. They're very keen to sign another high profile forward, probably not this year as we still have cap issues but they should be freed up by the end of this year and that puts us back into Finals contention for next season I'd say.
I'm from the old school of thought where if you believe you have enough forwards always sign one more, but honestly we lack the spit and polish and finishing power of the Drizzle, the sombrero cap busting roosters, even the Raiders handicapped with Ricky Stuart have more strike power.

Luke Thompson would be a great acquisition for our club but until the ink is dry and the club formally announce his signing I'll be treading on egg shells. too many times have we heard of people in the know this and that deal is done only to hear of x player going to a rival team. Forwards can get you moving forward but they can't win you games, well not consistently.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also I heard a Legend of the game on radio say he wouldn't buy Addo-Carr with what he's after. Way to much money for a back and he also said that while he's one of the best finishes in the game you need a winger that can barge through the defensive line like Storm or Eels wingers from Fiji......You don't get that from A-C and he has been made look exceptional with the players around him at the Storm.
I tend to disagree a bit... maybe his asking price is too much but Addo-Carr is up there with the strongest wingers in the game.... He has very good upper body strength like Minichielo... He fends off players when he darts from dummy half and is real hard to handle.... Watch the origin games..

silva

Utility
Reaction score
If hes the best prop there he could easily be the best here. Note james Graham and sam burgess

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst Tolman is playing every other prop is a distant second best. In all the world. :-p

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Thompson will bring that aggression and stop teams from rolling down the middle..
From all reports this player is quality and will bring aggression
In saying that for us to be really successful we need Napa in particular and a few others to also play with the same tempo
We need a pack mentality just like some of our old teams did.
Impose dominance in defence & then make good meters
Getting out of our danger zone with 3 or 4 good hit ups will then lay a platform for our halves to do something

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Generally whenever we're heavily linked with someone in the media and considered the "strong favourites" to sign someone, they end up signing elsewhere.. Hopefully that's not the case this time but I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

Best prop in the world is a typical exaggeration and wherever he signs, it's unfair to have this much hype and pressure so soon. But that's how the tabloids are here. Hopefully he can live up to the hype like Bateman did.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
If his that good Souths or roosters will get him as for Addo-Carr he might end up at the dragons.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m on board with anything that moves tolman closer to retiring or leaving.
He's a good solid player, just keep him away from the ball when we are within 15m of the opposing team's trie line...