Bush Fires

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think you mean "weather"

Climate and weather are two different things.
No no the climate....

Whether you look at it one way or another, spin it left side inside out to suit your agenda, it is changing and the world is going to end soooooon

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No no the climate....

Whether you look at it one way or another, spin it left side inside out to suit your agenda, it is changing and the world is going to end soooooon
You climate alarmists and your world ending predictions. Listen to a scientist for once.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You only need to look as far as, who controls the media, who controls the message? do you know for a fact these groups aren't being funded, legitimately or illegitimately? I mean the rally was mostly centred on Scomo, so do you think the opposition weren't involved in any way? or was it all the work of some innocent little group do you think?

we have seen behaviour that can result in arrest, so there is no excuse not to take a genuine fight to the people and organisations who are most accountable.

Yeah you're right...the fact that we are here on page 13 and all we have discussed is the protestors for the most part, is proof of that... that's what happens when a group make something about themselves.. the apparent cause takes a back seat... as I've said many a time.. very few will be talking about climate change in a few weeks.. but what we will be talking about, is unrelated protests, by the same type of characters, same place, more grand standing, more inconvenience to the general public
He's the Prime Minister and his government has done nothing to address the problem... his government has even tried to find loopholes to wriggle around the commitments they made under the Paris accord....who else do you think would be the primary target? It's not exactly illogical to direct protests at the government - it ultimately holds power to legislate for change.

People who agree that man made climate change is a big problem are not really trying to focus on the protesters, it's those who deny it is a problem who keep seeming to bring them up. I would love to not be talking about them....it would probably mean we were actually focusing on the issues at hand.....and I, like many others, believe the issue of the fires and the broader issue of climate change are related.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers and rain dance has made it rain.

All hail belief

Thoughts and prayers to you all

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The time for climate change action is NOW.

The dud politicians need to cut the crap and do something about it.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think you mean "weather"

Climate and weather are two different things.
Well that’s not entirely true. You can’t really talk about climate without talking about the weather. Due to “climate change” (global warming) weather patterns change.
So the way you summarised it to be honest is quite strawman, trying to make a drastic distinction between the two when they are both intertwined with each other. We should stick to science when talking about these things. And not China funded data.
It is also rather ironic that all you lefties have been talking about weather to prove climate change yet they’re two different things? You should elaborate your answer a bit more.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well that’s not entirely true. You can’t really talk about climate without talking about the weather. Due to “climate change” (global warming) weather patterns change.
So the way you summarised it to be honest is quite strawman, trying to make a drastic distinction between the two when they are both intertwined with each other. We should stick to science when talking about these things. And not China funded data.
It is also rather ironic that all you lefties have been talking about weather to prove climate change yet they’re two different things? You should elaborate your answer a bit more.
Yep. They are intertwined as one affects the other. But they're two different things.

For example, when it snows it does necessarily mean that snow was caused by climate change.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep. They are intertwined as one affects the other. But they're two different things.

For example, when it snows it does necessarily mean that snow was caused by climate change.
Exactly, which is why a certain group of people need to be educated, rather than scream global warming when a hurricane, flood etc happens. Oh and when fires start.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly, which is why a certain group of people need to be educated, rather than scream global warming when a hurricane, flood etc happens. Oh and when fires start.
Sure. If they're blaming global warming for the fires starting then they should be educated. If...

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When I say action on climate change. The government needs to get real and focus on coal, since it is the main issue.

If Australia can become less dependent on coal for energy then you can move to electric cars and have clean cities. At the moment this country is a laughing stock. We had air pollution worse than frickin India and China while these muppets in government tell us it's not the time to talk about climate change.

I am done with the duds in government. In particular with Scomo now that all the facts have come to light. Scummo needs to go.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
When I say action on climate change. The government needs to get real and focus on coal, since it is the main issue.

If Australia can become less dependent on coal for energy then you can move to electric cars and have clean cities. At the moment this country is a laughing stock. We had air pollution worse than frickin India and China while these muppets in government tell us it's not the time to talk about climate change.

I am done with the duds in government. In particular with Scomo now that all the facts have come to light. Scummo needs to go.
I think it’s quite scary that we needed bushfires that enormous to take over from China and India in relation to air pollution.
How bad must their air quality be?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think it’s quite scary that we needed bushfires that enormous to take over from China and India in relation to air pollution.
It's terrible, the trend of wearing face masks is catching on here now. I am also sick of politicians saying our emissions are better than certain countries. China and India have set the bar so low it's pretty hard to be worse than them.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's terrible, the trend of wearing face masks is catching on here now. I am also sick of politicians saying our emissions are better than certain countries. China and India have set the bar so low it's pretty hard to be worse than them.
True but considering how much they pollute compared to us we won’t make much of a difference unfortunately

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its scary but it kind of makes sense considering how many people they crammed into such small areas.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's a very interesting thing about this. A common thing you hear is, "nothing we do matters because India and China are polluting so much"

The reason it's interesting is that:

1) while India and China emit more pollution overall, Australia emits jmore pollution per person than both countries and both countries have very high poverty rates. So telling them to reduce CO2 emissions is like telling a bunch of homeless people that they should stop wasting all our food

2) everyone forgets about America. It's always "India and China". Per person, America has the highest pollution rate followed by Russia. For pollution overall China has the highest pollution rate, followed by America, then India. And India is much lower on overall emissions than America

This is why it's interesting. The whole, "we shouldn't do anything while India and China pollute so much" was started by Americans as a propaganda to distract from their emissions. And it worked so well that people don't realise that USA is effectively the highest polluter over all.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I can't believe how crazy the climate change propaganda has become since the fire emergency. Particularly in the SMH (which I try to read each day so that I'm exposed to ideas that don't fit my own consensus).

Today's SMH had so many articles and references to climate change that I lost count. It's not just at the front of the paper, it had managed to find it's way into the 'Money', business, letters to the editor sections as well.

Some of the comments and claims in there are actual outright lies (for example claiming that the Koala is at risk of becoming extinct when it very clearly is not).

I totally respect every persons right to their own opinions and of course that means people who have the opposite opinion to me, but I believe it's now becoming dangerous.

Climate change is no longer (what is ever?) a scientific debate. It's become a religion and unless you swear to be a believer, you are written off as a denier and some sort of leper.

People who support climate change might think it's a good thing, but I guarantee you won't get effective / useful policy when there is so much emotion and fanatacism about climate change instead of cool heads and rational thought.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't believe how crazy the climate change propaganda has become since the fire emergency. Particularly in the SMH (which I try to read each day so that I'm exposed to ideas that don't fit my own consensus).

Today's SMH had so many articles and references to climate change that I lost count. It's not just at the front of the paper, it had managed to find it's way into the 'Money', business, letters to the editor sections as well.

Some of the comments and claims in there are actual outright lies (for example claiming that the Koala is at risk of becoming extinct when it very clearly is not).

I totally respect every persons right to their own opinions and of course that means people who have the opposite opinion to me, but I believe it's now becoming dangerous.

Climate change is no longer (what is ever?) a scientific debate. It's become a religion and unless you swear to be a believer, you are written off as a denier and some sort of leper.

People who support climate change might think it's a good thing, but I guarantee you won't get effective / useful policy when there is so much emotion and fanatacism about climate change instead of cool heads and rational thought.
Media sensationalise things unfortunately. But the reason it's in the forefront of the news including the business section (other than the fires) is the fact that the global economics summit has started and the key focus of the summit is the economic impact of climate change.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow, just fucking wow.[/QUOTE]

Last edited: