Marriage and Surnames

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed the relatively high frequency of hyphenated surnames.

It appears to me that a lot of women either don’t take the husbands surname upon marriage or trade off by using both their maiden name and married surname.

My question is why? And secondly, what if your daughters decide to marry and keep the same thought process - do we have people then with three surnames?

What are your thoughts?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My head hurts thinking about this, thanks.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't get it personally, I think hyphenated surnames are needlessly complicated.

I think it is perfectly fine if the woman does not want to take the mans name, maybe he has a shit surname, maybe she is an only child and does not want to see her name die out. I think it is nice for a family to all be united under one name, but each to their own.

I know people who have given one surname as a middle name, I think that makes a lot more sense. I even know blokes who have taken the womans name.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
When my ex remarried she wanted to change our kids last name but she tried sugar coating it by saying she would hyphenate it. My son already had 4 names, not to mention they are my blood not her husband's. In the end she threaten to take me to court to change it. I said get fucked see ya there.

We never ended up going to court. She just didn't like the fact that she has 4 kids with two different last names so she thinks people look at her badly for it.

Anyway, she end up divorcing the guy and going back to her maiden name. So in the end for all the fuss she made was for nothing anyhow.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My wife kept her own surname. TBH, it was part laziness, part for work and part meh.

I don't see the point of hyphenated names. It's having a dollar each way.

I guess it's up to the individual couple really. My wife has suggested changing now we have kids. It's really up to her as it won't affect me (our son has my surname)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Couldn't care less personally. People can do whatever the hell they want.

My wife said to me, "should I take your surname or keep my own"

I said, "don't care. Up to you"

She said, "no. Tell me what to do"

I said, "nope. Girl power. Do whatever the fuck you want. Stop trying to make me decide for you. Lazy woman"

She ended up taking my surname.

A

Alexander the Great

Again I thought this was going to be blue_boost special....

A

Alexander the Great

My wife is Armenian so she was more than happy to drop the 262 letters In her surname.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
There’s a lot more in higher socioeconomic areas too. It’s just fashion :grinning:

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
When my ex remarried she wanted to change our kids last name but she tried sugar coating it by saying she would hyphenate it. My son already had 4 names, not to mention they are my blood not her husband's. In the end she threaten to take me to court to change it. I said get fucked see ya there.

We never ended up going to court. She just didn't like the fact that she has 4 kids with two different last names so she thinks people look at her badly for it.

Anyway, she end up divorcing the guy and going back to her maiden name. So in the end for all the fuss she made was for nothing anyhow.
Proud of you mate for standing your ground! Many cucks these days do not and obey whatever the woman says or asks, not me though, if my surname and tradition is not good enough for my woman then they are not worthy to marry imo and that’s exactly what I tell them. Adam came first not Eve, it’s what GOD wanted and no woman has the right to change it no matter how brain washed they are from modern idealism!

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Don't get married in the first place. You might as well hack your nuts off and feed them to the dog.
Problem solved.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't get married in the first place. You might as well hack your nuts off and feed them to the dog.
Problem solved.
Ive heard this one.
Why get married? Just find someone you hate,buy them a house and give them half of your shit!

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As long as my kids take mine. I don’t care. Which they all have.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does this thread have a @Blue_boost feel about it?
It's an honest question. I don't think it's right with these bullshit long names.

If you get married you take your husband's name, that's it

To me a hyphenated name says broken family / rough people with baggage everywhere. Stay away from em, don't give em a job as they come with all sorts of baggage.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So long as it doesn't sound comical when coupled with the wife's name, the husband's surname should always be taken.. I don't see a problem with hyphenating the wife's maiden surname onto it but the husband taking the wife's surname would be the ultimate cuck move

Last edited:

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So long as it doesn't sound comical when coupled with the wife's name, the husband's surname should always be taken.. I don't see an problem with hyphenating the wife's maiden surname onto it but the husband taking the wife's surname would be the ultimate cuck move
Agree it’s a”cuck” move but I’m desperate. Traced my family name back to early 1700’s was obsessed. Ended up with 2 sisters, 3 daughters, 3 female dogs and one granddaughter to date.