Thoughts on pursuing Kayln Ponga for 2022

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is rapidly taking over from Darius Boyd as my pick for the most overrated player in the NRL.

Go Dogs
Theres still ben hunt and quite a few others imo.
The thing with players like mitchell and ponga they are only young and should get better.
Pay seems to love dallin and it looks like there focusing on young halves and developing them.
I cant see our spine being changed. If it doesnt pay off where screwd.
But ill wait and see before i go on too much.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And dwindling membership numbers, no major sponsor.
God forbid the nrl look at relocating teams we would be prime candidates right now.
So we couldn’t sign latrell Mitchell and still haven’t signed ado Carr. I have no hope that we will sign any franchise player. The club just seems to be passing on every decent player.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two names there i would look at but wont pass the no dickhead policy lol. Wighton and fifita but i bet they stay where they are.
The people saying the club got the juniors strong again, i pray your right.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strong how?
Same shit happening at junior level, we continually missing out on the best talent to other clubs...
Strong pub side we are building here at the bulldogs.
Two names there i would look at but wont pass the no dickhead policy lol. Wighton and fifita but i bet they stay where they are.
The people saying the club got the juniors strong again, i pray your right.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dogs should just make him an offer to make knights pay more

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
God forbid the nrl look at relocating teams we would be prime candidates right now.
Might as well just fold the club then! Relocation is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard while the Leagues Club keeps printing money we would be one of the last clubs the NRL could force to move.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Might as well just fold the club then! Relocation is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard while the Leagues Club keeps printing money we would be one of the last clubs the NRL could force to move.
Haven’t you heard? We’re becoming the NRL version of the Western Bulldogs when we move to Perth...

Ha - as if. Exactly as you said, we’re amongst the richest in the competition - money that the Beagles, Sharktides, Tigpies etc could only dream of.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haven’t you heard? We’re becoming the NRL version of the Western Bulldogs when we move to Perth...

Ha - as if. Exactly as you said, we’re amongst the richest in the competition - money that the Beagles, Sharktides, Tigpies etc could only dream of.
We could be the richest it would be between us, Panthers and probably the Chooks depending on how deep Nick would dip into his pockets.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We could be the richest it would be between us, Panthers and probably the Chooks depending on how deep Nick would dip into his pockets.
Yes re: clubs. For us it’s the pokie revenue that’s significant. For Penrif it’s the Panthers complex. For the Ponies and Storm it’s News Ltd ownership in a one team town and of course Uncle Nick for the Chooks and Rusty for the pesky Wabbits.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think he's the type of player we need at the moment. We need multiple decent players rather than one. He will take up a massive chunk of money.

He's the type of player who would be looking for his next deal all the time, needs to concentrate more on field and those things will work themselves out.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not doing too well from what I have heard...after renos.

And besides why play games in Perth when we carnt even grow our memberships in our own backyard.

Someone tell me what is the point of going to Perth this year.?

How did Adelaide pan out and Wellington in years gone by?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

And besides why play games in Perth when we carnt even grow our memberships in our own backyard.

You might want to read the finance figures rather then relying on what you hear. Didn’t you hear about a rival ticket challenging at the election too?

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr hill has been chasing lukey Thompson for yonks and still hasn’t gotten a signature. We can’t entice players for shit.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why we going to Perth mate...?

Extraordinary meeting on the cards if they reach rock bottom by June/ July

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He got katos signature after the player had to ring the club..

So much for target lists right?
Mr hill has been chasing lukey Thompson for yonks and still hasn’t gotten a signature. We can’t entice players for shit.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why we going to Perth mate...?

Extraordinary meeting on the cards if they reach rock bottom by June/ July
They are taking a low drawing game inter state to make money quite a few clubs do it.

Good luck getting the 500 signatures to force a EGM then winning a election after that. It won’t happen.