Social Media Luke Thompson is rumoured

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
PM ME DETAILS OR LIVERPOOL ISN'T THE GREATEST TEAM IN WORLD SPORT!!
Love the Reds!

Honestly, there’s no details. I don’t know who the second one is. No name.

It’s gonna take me a awhile to get excited about the dogs again, I’m just too wrapped up in LFC atm LOL

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love the Reds!

Honestly, there’s no details. I don’t know who the second one is. No name.

It’s gonna take me a awhile to get excited about the dogs again, I’m just too wrapped up in LFC atm LOL
VARpool

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thompson just posted an Instagram pic of his team photo for 2020 season..
If he is coming..it’s definitely not for 2020

Dog 2195

Waterboy
Reaction score
Need to be patient the dice has started rolling from the roosters to Souths from Souths to Storm hopefully then storm to dogs hopefully 2020 then 2021 then it will start at the poms

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There a article on the courier mail site just posted up best prop in the world headed to Belmore
would someone who can access it post it up if possible

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Best prop in the world’ headed to Belmore?
Paul Crawley, The Daily Telegraph
Subscriber only

|

January 17, 2020 5:11pm

Canterbury have emerged as outright favourites to land the prized signature of the Englishman rated the “best prop in the world”.

In what would be a massive boost for the rebuilding Bulldogs, St Helens hard man Luke Thompson is expected to make an announcement on his future in the coming days.

Gold Coast is the other club in the chase while the New Zealand Warriors have come in late and hard with a big offer.

Initially 11 NRL clubs expressed some interest in signing Thompson for the 2021 season but it is now down to three with the Bulldogs said to be leading the charge.

Watch the 2020 NRL Nines tournament LIVE & On-Demand on KAYO. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Thompson with Titans coach Justin Holbrook after winning the Super League grand final last year. Photo: Clive Brunskill/Getty Images
In the Titans’ favour is that Thompson also has a connection with new coach Justin Holbrook from their time together at St Helens.

The talk is Thompson is set to earn in the vicinity of $700,000 a season which is massive money but understandable given teammate Alex Walmsley’s huge rap last year.

Walmsley declared that Thompson was the world’s best prop following a man of the match performance in the Super League grand final.

Thompson is only 24 but has already made more than 150 Super League appearances for St Helens.

He has also earned tremendous respect among his English Test teammates, with the Canberra Raiders’ Pommy connection in particular trying their hardest to get him to the Raiders.

Thompson looks ready for the step up to the NRL. Photo: Clive Brunskill/Getty Images
MORE NEWS

EPL preview: Manchester United’s guilty pleasure

LaMelo Ball is ‘done’ with the NBL

In the end Canberra simply didn’t have the salary cap space to match the offers elsewhere.

Thompson would be a huge acquisition for the Bulldogs who are trying to fight their way back into finals contention.

Although Thompson is contracted to St Helens for the 2020 Super League season, there has been some talk that he may come to Australia early.

St Helens have stated categorically that they won’t let that happen but it could possibly change if an NRL club was willing to cough up a significant transfer fee.

Although it is unlikely to eventuate regardless, it is worth noting that any money paid for a transfer fee is not included in the NRL salary cap.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There a article on the courier mail site just posted up best prop in the world headed to Belmore
would someone who can access it post it up if possible
There was one I saw about 20 minutes ago that said we're favourites for him, like I said previously it makes the most sense and a few on here are pretty confident on it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Subscriber only

|

Canterbury have emerged as outright favourites to land the prized signature of the Englishman rated the “best prop in the world”.

In what would be a massive boost for the rebuilding Bulldogs, St Helens hard man Luke Thompson is expected to make an announcement on his future in the coming days.

Gold Coast is the other club in the chase while the New Zealand Warriors have come in late and hard with a big offer.

Initially 11 NRL clubs expressed some interest in signing Thompson for the 2021 season but it is now down to three with the Bulldogs said to be leading the charge.

Watch the 2020 NRL Nines tournament LIVE & On-Demand on KAYO. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Thompson with Titans coach Justin Holbrook after winning the Super League grand final last year. Photo: Clive Brunskill/Getty Images
In the Titans’ favour is that Thompson also has a connection with new coach Justin Holbrook from their time together at St Helens.

The talk is Thompson is set to earn in the vicinity of $700,000 a season which is massive money but understandable given teammate Alex Walmsley’s huge rap last year.

Walmsley declared that Thompson was the world’s best prop following a man of the match performance in the Super League grand final.

Thompson is only 24 but has already made more than 150 Super League appearances for St Helens.

He has also earned tremendous respect among his English Test teammates, with the Canberra Raiders’ Pommy connection in particular trying their hardest to get him to the Raiders.

Thompson looks ready for the step up to the NRL. Photo: Clive Brunskill/Getty Images
MORE NEWS

In the end Canberra simply didn’t have the salary cap space to match the offers elsewhere.

Thompson would be a huge acquisition for the Bulldogs who are trying to fight their way back into finals contention.

Although Thompson is contracted to St Helens for the 2020 Super League season, there has been some talk that he may come to Australia early.

St Helens have stated categorically that they won’t let that happen but it could possibly change if an NRL club was willing to cough up a significant transfer fee.

Although it is unlikely to eventuate regardless, it is worth noting that any money paid for a transfer fee is not included in the NRL salary cap.
Straight swap for Tolman, no need to re-sign him and Elliott now. Surely.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thompson is not even close to being the "best prop in the world". Also he isn't worth 700k. Unproven in the NRL and hasn't impressed on the international stage. You can't demand that type of money. I see him going somewhere for less than that and similar to Bateman if he impressed looking to get an upgraded deal while under contract (which is fair). I mean Napa is on 650k so who knows anymore.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Subscriber only

|

MORE NEWS

Thanks for that

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really don’t mind the $700k price tag when you consider everything. He dominants the Super League from all reports and is only 24 so his best years are in front of him as a prop. Forwards from England have shown they can adapt very well to the NRL. When you consider some of the money been thrown around lately it could be great value.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
How’s the cooling off looking?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I really don’t mind the $700k price tag when you consider everything. He dominants the Super League from all reports and is only 24 so his best years are in front of him as a prop. Forwards from England have shown they can adapt very well to the NRL. When you consider some of the money been thrown around lately it could be great value.
Only issue I have is that he has looked pretty underwhelming each time I've seen him play while his stats also don't stand out all that much compared when compared to someone like Walmsley.

At the end of the day I haven't really seen enough of him and that's probably the same for most on here so it's hard to put a value on him. The wraps on him are massive though and he already has a stack of experience at such a young age.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only issue I have is that he has looked pretty underwhelming each time I've seen him play while his stats also don't stand out all that much compared when compared to someone like Walmsley.

At the end of the day I haven't really seen enough of him and that's probably the same for most on here so it's hard to put a value on him. The wraps on him are massive though and he already has a stack of experience at such a young age.
Yeah that’s it we won’t know till the end of his first year here if he’s a good signing. With the experience he has and wraps he’s getting we would be pretty unlucky for him to be a total flop.