NRL logos: The best and the worst

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Having viewed the @Wahesh Old NSWRL logos post, I am interested in getting TK thoughts on the current logos of the various teams in the NRL. Which teams do you think have the best logos, and which teams have the worst? 2-3 for each, but we will leave the Doggies out, because we already know we have the best logo in the NRL.

My best:

Manly - Always been drawn to their logo, that's a great looking bird and just an all round quality piece of design

Raiders - really nice refresh of the logo, viking looks awesome, the teal blue contrast with the lime green is a nice touch, and the new wordmark is a huge improvement

My Worst:

Titans - Hands down the worst logo in the comp... not sure how anybody would fair on the battlefield with swords that large.. ugly colours.. looks like something you'd see on Twitch

Sharks - flimsy looking Shark, overkill with the white, and the typography is all over the place

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 12.12.00 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 12.12.24 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 12.13.03 pm.png

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
As much as I love our logo, there are 3 things I wish we could change about it:
  • As opposed to having the blue V in the background, I'd prefer the Berries blue and white stripes
  • Instead of this friendly looking hush puppy, I preferred the old Bulldog that looked like it was going to tear you apart
  • A more vibrant blue like the one in the image below...

Wahesh

Reaction score
As for the actual question... I also like Manly's one as the Eagle is an animal I love, a warrior of the sky. It's also a traditional Australian type sports logo (in a crest/circle) as opposed to the 2D 2 Colours American styles that most clubs have these days.

Worst are the Broncos and Melbourne as they are far too simple, not detailed enough, and only have the aforementioned 2D graphics and 2 colours - completely American. Also American are the team logos themselves - Broncos (Denver Broncos) and Storm (Lake Elsinore Storm) are as American as you get.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
  • As opposed to having the blue V in the background, I'd prefer the Berries blue and white stripes
  • Instead of this friendly looking hush puppy, I preferred the old Bulldog that looked like it was going to tear you apart
I prefer the old circle to the shield the Bulldogs Junior League uses a circle and it looks great!
36b60e_a8c843bf26e44a03a2e455a7f867e49c_mv2.jpg

Wahesh

Reaction score
I prefer the old circle to the shield the Bulldogs Junior League uses a circle and it looks great!
I prefer the circle too, but I like the CB part of our current logo.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Chooks one needs a update it looks really tacky and lacks any kind of soul. It's probably a good fit when i think about it!

Wahesh

Reaction score
The Chooks one needs a update it looks really tacky and lacks any kind of soul. It's probably a good fit when i think about it!
It also looks disturbingly similar to the chicken "McNugget" that was served to a McDonalds customer in the US a afew years ago...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Best: Tigers, Warriors, Dragons
Worst: Storm (looks like absolute arse), Titans, Souths

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Broncos: Iconic logo, which reprents an NRL club a lot better than they're previous one did.

Raiders: Much needed upgrade over their OG one.

Bulldogs: We've gone from old, to new and then back to old again. It honours our OG Bulldogs logo well while bring it into the 21st century.

Sharks: Modern logo with a nice colour dynamic and design overall. Can't fault it.

Titans: I don't really understand the mascot or the logo. A logo change wouldn't hurt to be honest.

Sea Eagles: Another iconic logo that hasn't changed much without looking old.

Storm: I loved their previous logo. This one just looks like a smartphone app icon now. Just too one dynamic and cheap for my liking.

Knights: Love their new logo. Goes with the old and makes it look new again.

Cowboys: Love their logo. Simple yet to the point. I also love how they've turned the horns into a "V" on their jerseys.

Eels: Looks a bit old. I personally didn't mind their modern attempt they had for a few years during the early 2000s.

Panthers: A generic logo that doesn't differentiate it from any other black panther picture. They're older logo used in the early 2000s was way better.

Rabbitohs: Iconic. Never changed it.

Dragons: Iconic. Never changed it.

Roosters: Been around for a while now. I can't imagine them using anything else.

Warriors: There's nothing like it out there. I think even before they were named the Warriors, they were always going to use that logo if memory serves correct.

Tigers: Something about this logo that I love. Very similar to the old Panthers logo of the same time.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
As for the actual question... I also like Manly's one as the Eagle is an animal I love, a warrior of the sky. It's also a traditional Australian type sports logo (in a crest/circle) as opposed to the 2D 2 Colours American styles that most clubs have these days.

Worst are the Broncos and Melbourne as they are far too simple, not detailed enough, and only have the aforementioned 2D graphics and 2 colours - completely American. Also American are the team logos themselves - Broncos (Denver Broncos) and Storm (Lake Elsinore Storm) are as American as you get.
The Tigers ripped their logo off a ice hockey team too.

https://www.litterboxcats.com/2019/...l-alternate-uniform-hockey-cats-third-sweater

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yep. Animal leaping front-on roaring with paws extended. Tigers logo was definitely inspired by that one to say the least.

By the way... does anyone find it odd that Florida, a state reknown for being hot and humid, has an ice-hockey team? Also... they chose to be called the Panthers despite the fact that just up a couple of states there is an NFL team named the Carolina Panthers?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. Animal leaping front-on roaring with paws extended. Tigers logo was definitely inspired by that one to say the least.

By the way... does anyone find it odd that Florida, a state reknown for being hot and humid, has an ice-hockey team? Also... they chose to be called the Panthers despite the fact that just up a couple of states there is an NFL team named the Carolina Panthers?

There's two NHL teams in Florida, but there are also teams in quite a few places that wouldn't see a lot of snow - Phoenix, Dallas, Los Angeles etc.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m a fan of our current emblem, cb and est date on it
Only thing I would like is the old bulldog that’s bares teeth
Knights one is pretty good, was better when the k was the bottom/shoulder of emblem
Dragons is good, and stuck with the older one

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m a fan of our current emblem, cb and est date on it
Only thing I would like is the old bulldog that’s bares teeth
Knights one is pretty good, was better when the k was the bottom/shoulder of emblem
Dragons is good, and stuck with the older one
Knights went from the best, and most suitable piece of typography of just about all of the teams, to a bland and clunky piece of rubbish. The helmet is a pass though

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

I like him how he is myself... he is approachable, if you're willing, but he stands his ground and won't be taking a backward step to anyone.. it's my favourite of all the logos we have had... think they've done a good job in incorporating the traditional elements into a modern design that can hold up well into the future

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Saint George for me. It’s literally Saint George killing the dragon. Which is either ironic or blasphemous given they named themselves saint George “dragons”

rabbitohs and titans are literally gay. Rabbit looks like it’s trying to be a gay unicorn, and the titans logo looks like something to entice children.

They made the knights knight look like fairy, why hasn’t it got a cross on its helmet. As knights were from Europe.

Raiders looks good passable as a Nordic Viking.

The panther just looks like a women saying “here me roar”

Last edited:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Saint George for me. It’s literally Saint George killing the dragon. Which is either ironic or blasphemous given they named themselves saint George “dragons”

rabbitohs and titans are literally gay. Rabbit looks like it’s trying to be a gay unicorn, and the titans logo looks like something to entice children.

They made the knights knight look like fairy, why hasn’t it got a cross on its helmet. As knights were from Europe.

haha.. love your work.... You're spot on re Titans.. that's exactly it.. they were always going to struggle with converting fans and the ones they have managed to convert, probably weren't real passionate Bronco fans and converted for their kids sake.. they are a hard team to take seriously and I'm surprised their home games aren't blue light discos like the North Queensland home games

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Are you saying the Titans are ‘enticing’ children..or enticing children to follow them..