Official A MESSAGE FROM THE BOSS

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
what a load of horse shit. how do you that 99.9% of members are happy with performance and conduct thus far. show me the stats to back it up

Once the season starts and if things are going down hill watch your theory go out the window
How are your anger management classes going champ? Not too well it seems.
I never said 99.9% - I said majority. That's 50.1% or greater if you need help with that.
I don't have stats and never claimed to - but when the club offers to let members say their piece and very few turn up - why is that the case? Because the MAJORITY don't have major grievances.
Obviously if the season doesn't start well people will start to ask questions - precisely what I said - people turn up when they're unsure or pissed off. So no theory and no window :-).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The small attendance is probably due to their not being any rivals for the election. If there was a rival ticket I’d make sure I went to both of their forums to get as much info as possible but seeing as the election is a non event I’m not going out of my way to go to one.
Yes, that's also true. Most members are either happy to give this board a second term or accept that it's highly unlikely to change regardless. 2022 is likely to be a different story.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, that's also true. Most members are either happy to give this board a second term or accept that it's highly unlikely to change regardless. 2022 is likely to be a different story.
This upcoming election will be just a formality
Let’s hope that the team make a good start and continue to inprove during the season
We also have a favourable draw so things are in our favour
I’ll worry about the board again in 2 years time along with others especially if we don’t get better

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
what a load of horse shit. how do you that 99.9% of members are happy with performance and conduct thus far. show me the stats to back it up

Once the season starts and if things are going down hill watch your theory go out the window
Fortunately there are two more forums for you to attend and voice your disproval

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
As for Bankwest - why can no-one still answer the question - what choice did they have? Belmore is simply not an answer for 7 games and ANZ is closing.
Probably one of the reasons they're going to Perth, happy with Magic Round being a home game etc - makes it less complicated.
I have posted my suggestions plenty of times, it's not that hard, there are plenty of options of which we only need 2;

Ask the NRL to give us one more home game before ANZ closes, replaced by one more away game after it closes.
Swap the Cowboys games around and play the 2nd one at Belmore.
Play the Round 18 Storm game at Belmore (as per the past) not in Perth and play the Warriors game in Perth the week before instead of at Parramatta.
Swap the Tigers games around, play at ANZ in Round 3 and away in Round 25.
Play the Round 20 Knights Game at Belmore.
Any 2 of the above gives us a 50% better result than we have now.

There are 25 rounds and we should be playing 12/13 rounds at home, but we only get 6 games at ANZ (5 home games and 1 away game against the Wabbits) and 1 at Belmore with 4 at Parramatta (not our home). Plus we lose 2 home games with Perth and the (notso) Magic round. Take back one of those and then swap one of the above, leaving only 2 games at Parramatta. That leaves 8 games at ANZ (7 home games and 1 away game against the Wabbits) and 2 at Belmore, leaving only 2 games at Parramatta. Which I think most people would be happy with.

It doesn't load us with too many away games at the end of the season, one more than currently, only uses Belmore for 2 games, so the Belmore haters aren't put out, which are commonly Storm and Cowboys games, and best of all it avoids having 4 games at effen Parramatta.

Go Dogs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I have posted my suggestions plenty of times, it's not that hard, there are plenty of options of which we only need 2;

Ask the NRL to give us one more home game before ANZ closes, replaced by one more away game after it closes.
Swap the Cowboys games around and play the 2nd one at Belmore.
Play the Round 18 Storm game at Belmore (as per the past) not in Perth and play the Warriors game in Perth the week before instead of at Parramatta.
Swap the Tigers games around, play at ANZ in Round 3 and away in Round 25.
Play the Round 20 Knights Game at Belmore.
Any 2 of the above gives us a 50% better result than we have now.

There are 25 rounds and we should be playing 12/13 rounds at home, but we only get 6 games at ANZ (5 home games and 1 away game against the Wabbits) and 1 at Belmore with 4 at Parramatta (not our home). Plus we lose 2 home games with Perth and the (notso) Magic round. Take back one of those and then swap one of the above, leaving only 2 games at Parramatta. That leaves 8 games at ANZ (7 home games and 1 away game against the Wabbits) and 2 at Belmore, leaving only 2 games at Parramatta. Which I think most people would be happy with.

It doesn't load us with too many away games at the end of the season, one more than currently, only uses Belmore for 2 games, so the Belmore haters aren't put out, which are commonly Storm and Cowboys games, and best of all it avoids having 4 games at effen Parramatta.

Go Dogs
Yes, saw your suggestion previously, thanks.

Well thought through - but the lingering question is: Bankwest is going to be home for 2021/2022 until ANZ re-opens anyway, so in accepting that, 4 games in 2020 doesn't seem like a huge deal to me.

The NRL are simply not going to change the draw at the request of one club, no matter how little the 'impact' appears to be. Imagine the knock-on effects for other clubs members and corporate sponsors.

I'm not a Belmore hater - the nostalgia is fun - it's just not a good experience for more than one novelty game each year and the corporate sponsors would hate it - why risk that revenue?
I know you have a parking solution but the majority seem to think it sucks and that's certainly been my experience (yes, even parking on the northern side).

As for Perth, there must be a reason why they chose the Storm as they did in 2018. I was there at Optus Stadium - the earlier game was Warriors/Wabbits and apart from likely some diehards and the novelty factor for the locals, it was maybe half-full, where as Dogs/Storm was near capacity (time slot could've been a factor too).
My point is, I don't see a game against the Warriors in Perth being as successful as the Storm based on experience. I'm not sure why the Storm are popular in WA, but there must be some reason.

I hear you loud and clear - and I'm not even necessarily disagreeing with you - I just don't see the changes as feasible - especially less than 8 weeks from season kick-off.
As @Dogggy said - there's no pleasing everyone, every time.

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
Small crowd because the majority of members are happy with the direction and understand the time taken to get there.
I how I wish I could be so complacent in being an accepting loser.

I never said 99.9% - I said majority. That's 50.1% or greater if you need help with that.
So iirc, it's stated about 50 turned up.
So going by your facts and figures, a few more than 50 are happy and we've a total 2020 membership of ~100.

Yeah, I can smell the fish from here.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I how I wish I could be so complacent in being an accepting loser.

So iirc, it's stated about 50 turned up.
So going by your facts and figures, a few more than 50 are happy and we've a total 2020 membership of ~100.

Yeah, I can smell the fish from here.
That's cool mate. I don't expect everyone to agree. Everyone is entitled to a view and I couldn't care less whether you agree with me or not.
And no, I didn't attempt to make a correlation between membership % and forum bums on seats - so really don't get where you're going with that - but all good :-)

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, saw your suggestion previously, thanks.
Well thought through - but the lingering question is: Bankwest is going to be home for 2021/2022 until ANZ re-opens anyway, so in accepting that, 4 games in 2020 doesn't seem like a huge deal to me.
The NRL are simply not going to change the draw at the request of one club, no matter how little the 'impact' appears to be. Imagine the knock-on effects for other clubs members and corporate sponsors.
I'm not a Belmore hater - the nostalgia is fun - it's just not a good experience for more than one novelty game each year and the corporate sponsors would hate it - why risk that revenue?
I know you have a parking solution but the majority seem to think it sucks and that's certainly been my experience (yes, even parking on the northern side).
As for Perth, there must be a reason why they chose the Storm as they did in 2018. I was there at Optus Stadium - the earlier game was Warriors/Wabbits and apart from likely some diehards and the novelty factor for the locals, it was maybe half-full, where as Dogs/Storm was near capacity (time slot could've been a factor too).
My point is, I don't see a game against the Warriors in Perth being as successful as the Storm based on experience. I'm not sure why the Storm are popular in WA, but there must be some reason.
I hear you loud and clear - and I'm not even necessarily disagreeing with you - I just don't see the changes as feasible - especially less than 8 weeks from season kick-off.
As @Dogggy said - there's no pleasing everyone, every time.
The problem is this should have been sorted out before the draw was released, I agree it's too late now. Within a few of hours of the draw being made public I rang up and complained. The clubs had it for a couple of weeks beforehand to make their comments, and judging by the response I got it seems no one took much notice of the effect it was going to have. I'll be joining the guy who asked WTF at the last open night when I go to the next one in a couple of weeks. I honestly believe that if we had limited going to Parramatta to 2 games (not 4) the effect on membership would have been less. Personally I could tolerate 2 games at Parramatta, but 4 is over the top and as a result I haven't renewed my season membership (for the first time in decades). How many others have done the same I have no idea, but the numbers don't look that flash.

I don't see there being no choice in 2021 and 2022 as a valid reason for further stuffing up 2020. Plus a couple of selected games at Belmore is still an option for those subsequent years. If we had made a stand this year we might have a better chance in the following years until ANZ is back on line. Seriously, 2 years in a row giving away home ground advantage for the (notso) Magic round is ridiculous, it's not that hard for the NRL to rotate it. Especially when it takes away one of our precious home games when ANZ is still available.

Go Dogs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The problem is this should have been sorted out before the draw was released, I agree it's too late now. Within a few of hours of the draw being made public I rang up and complained. The clubs had it for a couple of weeks beforehand to make their comments, and judging by the response I got it seems no one took much notice of the effect it was going to have. I'll be joining the guy who asked WTF at the last open night when I go to the next one in a couple of weeks. I honestly believe that if we had limited going to Parramatta to 2 games (not 4) the effect on membership would have been less. Personally I could tolerate 2 games at Parramatta, but 4 is over the top and as a result I haven't renewed my season membership (for the first time in decades). How many others have done the same I have no idea, but the numbers don't look that flash.

I don't see there being no choice in 2021 and 2022 as a valid reason for further stuffing up 2020. Plus a couple of selected games at Belmore is still an option for those subsequent years. If we had made a stand this year we might have a better chance in the following years until ANZ is back on line. Seriously, 2 years in a row giving away home ground advantage for the (notso) Magic round is ridiculous, it's not that hard for the NRL to rotate it. Especially when it takes away one of our precious home games when ANZ is still available.

Go Dogs
Everyone is different mate. I’ve got some great memories at Belmore but would be happy to never play there again.
I also really like Bankwest but can totally see where you’re coming from

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the dogs not running free courtesy buses from the league's club to parra?

I'm.sure they were doing this year's ago to homebush?

That would solve the issue, drop supporters right at bankwest doorstep right? And return after the game?

Or are we strapped for cash these days?

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Nobody cares.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Rather than 'no-one took much notice' I'd say there's a commercial reason attached to playing more games at Bankwest. Clubs who play at ANZ get paid to do so - that revenue needed to be replaced.
I'm sure there's a deal to bring a number of games to Bankwest over a 2.5 year period and it's not just the poor little club without a stadium.
Magic Round same deal - the club would be compensated for losing a home game and in future years no doubt they'll lose an away game - it all comes out in the wash.
As for the membership tally - we'll soon see. Paul Dunne apparently said at the forum they expect around 18000 by season kick-off. If they achieve that, Bankwest hasn't had much of a negative effect. Yes, IF.
Appreciate how you feel, but I think this topic has been done to death. Cheers.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Are the dogs not running free courtesy buses from the league's club to parra?

I'm.sure they were doing this year's ago to homebush?

That would solve the issue, drop supporters right at bankwest doorstep right? And return after the game?

Or are we strapped for cash these days?
Yes they are, you can add it to your membership for a small fee for the entire season (at least that was the arrangement in the past - I'm assuming it will be similar for Bankwest).

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess it depends on one's definition of "a small fee". As best as I can tell, currently it's $10 per game for the supporters bus, which basically doubles the cost if I buy a 3 or 5 Game Package for the 4 parramatta games. Next year it will be $120/$130 for the season, depending on how many home games we give away. Compared to if I catch the public transport bus, train, train and bus it's free. The supporters bus both ways plus getting to Belmore takes longer than the game itself, the public transport option takes even longer. And that's if the timetables align, which they never do. Plus I caught the bus to the Canterbury Cup game last year and after the game I stood around for almost an hour waiting to get on one. That made me miss the connections and all up I spent almost 4 hours getting to and from the game. Cost isn't a deal breaker, but I have plenty of others things to do with my time and both added together makes games at Parramatta not at all attractive to me, could be for others but not for me.

Next, there is quite likely a short term financial gain in taking the NRL's money for the (notso) magic round and playing a home game away in Perth. But there is a longer term cost, how many members do we lose for next season because we only play 6 "home" games? There's no discount for membership, we still pay the same as if we were playing 12/13 games at "home". What's the effect of that going forward, how many members do we lose in 2021 and 2022 when we have 1 or maybe 2 games at "home" (Belmore)? How many members, once they have not been members for 3 years, will come back once ANZ is available again? I have no idea how the short term gain compares to the long term loss, but based on what I have heard from other members it's not as beneficial as some might have us believe. It was raised at the last member's forum, where quite few people expressed their concerns, and it will be at the next one.

All IMHO of course.

Go Dogs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I guess it depends on one's definition of "a small fee". As best as I can tell, currently it's $10 per game for the supporters bus, which basically doubles the cost if I buy a 3 or 5 Game Package for the 4 parramatta games. Next year it will be $120/$130 for the season, depending on how many home games we give away. Compared to if I catch the public transport bus, train, train and bus it's free. The supporters bus both ways plus getting to Belmore takes longer than the game itself, the public transport option takes even longer. And that's if the timetables align, which they never do. Plus I caught the bus to the Canterbury Cup game last year and after the game I stood around for almost an hour waiting to get on one. That made me miss the connections and all up I spent almost 4 hours getting to and from the game. Cost isn't a deal breaker, but I have plenty of others things to do with my time and both added together makes games at Parramatta not at all attractive to me, could be for others but not for me.

Next, there is quite likely a short term financial gain in taking the NRL's money for the (notso) magic round and playing a home game away in Perth. But there is a longer term cost, how many members do we lose for next season because we only play 6 "home" games? There's no discount for membership, we still pay the same as if we were playing 12/13 games at "home". What's the effect of that going forward, how many members do we lose in 2021 and 2022 when we have 1 or maybe 2 games at "home" (Belmore)? How many members, once they have not been members for 3 years, will come back once ANZ is available again? I have no idea how the short term gain compares to the long term loss, but based on what I have heard from other members it's not as beneficial as some might have us believe. It was raised at the last member's forum, where quite few people expressed their concerns, and it will be at the next one.

All IMHO of course.

Go Dogs
Don’t think it’ll matter much when we start winning more - crowds will return and member numbers will rise. Makes no difference to me - I’m there regardless.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don’t think it’ll matter much when we start winning more - crowds will return and member numbers will rise. Makes no difference to me - I’m there regardless.
no1bulldog laughing at you needs to change her name. Maybe take the 1 out