Official A MESSAGE FROM THE BOSS

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the pet and baby memberships but I hope our fans stop crying and making excuses and sign up regardless. The team and club need our support, not just constant constructive and usually non-constructive criticism
I didn’t understand the explanation
Everybody was ok

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I didn’t understand the explanation
Everybody was ok
We should do those memberships as well. It looks better for potential sponsors also

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks @Dogggy appreciate the update. Sounds like some consistency following on from last months forum as well as some updated information. We’ll all know soon enough if all the hard work done by the board, executive, coaching and playing groups will bear fruit, but we are already in an improved position in the business and now those results need to show on the field. Bring on Round 1!

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks @Dogggy appreciate the update. Sounds like some consistency following on from last months forum as well as some updated information. We’ll all know soon enough if all the hard work done by the board, executive, coaching and playing groups will bear fruit, but we are already in an improved position in the business and now those results need to show on the field. Bring on Round 1!
I agree that on the surface everything looks good and our house is in order.
But in saying that we need results & gain some respect as a club.
Hope we have turned the corner.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We should do those memberships as well. It looks better for potential sponsors also
Yeah I don't get why they are reporting the actual numbers when every other club goes out of their way to inflate them any way possible.

Look at Souths membership number compared home crowd figures over the last few years something doesn't add up there.

As always good guys finish last.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I don't get why they are reporting the actual numbers when every other club goes out of their way to inflate them any way possible.

Look at Souths membership number compared home crowd figures over the last few years something doesn't add up there.

You are spot on mate,they just pump up the numbers to look good
I think that we had an average of 15,500 last year which is not too bad considering
One of the best amongst Sydney teams.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Because we only do the bare minimum.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Several people were concerned about our very low membership numbers
They replied that our numbers are actually factual and that other clubs added extras,I didn’t really understand the explanation
I know the Wabbits include Corporates in their Memberships, every seat in every corporate box is added as a Membership. Corporate holders get given the same number of Membership cards as they have seats in the box/allocated seating. They also include the player's "family and friends" game tickets (each player gets an allocation of Membership cards), plus of course the other grades' players. They are very sensitive about maximising their Membership, it was one of the reasons quoted for why they were dropped from the competition in 1999, low attendances.

Go Dogs

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul also said the slow start last year was not acceptable and are confident of better this year
She said that Dean reset the clock for the last 10 rounds of last year
Basically told the players to start all over again
Pleased with results but this is a trend that has to continue come round 1
She used strong language and was serious in saying that mediocre performances were not acceptable moving forward
The club has to return to being a force again.
so the board acknowledges that Dean's approach was failing and left it until the last 10 rounds to say fuk it, let's try again???? why didn't anyone step in sooner and say something

in the last 10 rounds the boys showed they could play a better brand of (ad-lib) footy which echoes Dean's plans were not working. Its a damn shame it wasn't done sooner to actually salvage the season...

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
so the board acknowledges that Dean's approach was failing and left it until the last 10 rounds to say fuk it, let's try again???? why didn't anyone step in sooner and say something

in the last 10 rounds the boys showed they could play a better brand of (ad-lib) footy which echoes Dean's plans were not working. Its a damn shame it wasn't done sooner to actually salvage the season...
the last 10 rounds also showed much better team selections .. I wonder if there was influences there also ??

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The board seem behind Dean 100% by the way they were talking
No acknowledgement of any failures so far.
Just that it is a young inexperienced team.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
the last 10 rounds also showed much better team selections .. I wonder if there was influences there also ??
I also think too much was based around Foran being fit. With him in and out of the side the young halves & JMK looked lost. I think an off-season with him not in our plans for at least the first half of the season will be a blessing in disguise

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The board seem behind Dean 100% by the way they were talking
No acknowledgement of any failures so far.
Just that it is a young inexperienced team.
Any tough questions asked Dogggy?

Was Steve Price there or say anything?

Seems like Dunn had a more prominent influence on proceedings than we've seen from him before?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any tough questions asked Dogggy?

Was Steve Price there or say anything?

Seems like Dunn had a more prominent influence on proceedings than we've seen from him before?
Steve Price wasn’t in attendance
Even though Lynne had the floor and was the primary person,Paul was also stepping in at times to either answer questions or verify things
It was only a small crowd and pretty civil as you would expect from bulldog supporters lol
In question time a few expressed their discontent
The first with our membership packs and lack of communication from the club in general.
Another guy who is a 40 year member was pissed about going to BankWest
He had people backing him up with that point of view.
P.D gave a great summary of how good the junior teams went last year
He said good structures are in place for that to continue in the long term.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It wasn't me, but it's my turn at the next one.

Go Dogs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Steve Price wasn’t in attendance
Even though Lynne had the floor and was the primary person,Paul was also stepping in at times to either answer questions or verify things
It was only a small crowd and pretty civil as you would expect from bulldog supporters lol
In question time a few expressed their discontent
The first with our membership packs and lack of communication from the club in general.
P.D gave a great summary of how good the junior teams went last year
He said good structures are in place for that to continue in the long term.
Small crowd because the majority of members are happy with the direction and understand the time taken to get there.
Compare that to May 2018 when the room at Canterbury Leagues was PACKED with a membership keen to hear from a then new board and what needed to be done.
Larger crowds only turn up when they're unsure or pissed off.
As for Bankwest - why can no-one still answer the question - what choice did they have? Belmore is simply not an answer for 7 games and ANZ is closing.
Probably one of the reasons they're going to Perth, happy with Magic Round being a home game etc - makes it less complicated.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Small crowd because the majority of members are happy with the direction and understand the time taken to get there.
Compare that to May 2018 when the room at Canterbury Leagues was PACKED with a membership keen to hear from a then new board and what needed to be done.
what a load of horse shit. how do you that 99.9% of members are happy with performance and conduct thus far. show me the stats to back it up

Once the season starts and if things are going down hill watch your theory go out the window

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wasn't me, but it's my turn at the next one.

Go Dogs
That’s the best thing to do,
Turn up ask questions and voice your opinion
They are very approachable and gave straight out answers

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
what a load of horse shit. how do you that 99.9% of members are happy with performance and conduct thus far. show me the stats to back it up

Once the season starts and if things are going down hill watch your theory go out the window
The small attendance is probably due to their not being any rivals for the election. If there was a rival ticket I’d make sure I went to both of their forums to get as much info as possible but seeing as the election is a non event I’m not going out of my way to go to one.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for Bankwest - why can no-one still answer the question - what choice did they have? Belmore is simply not an answer for 7 games and ANZ is closing.
Probably one of the reasons they're going to Perth, happy with Magic Round being a home game etc - makes it less complicated.
I have to admit that the crowd in general seemed content with the clubs direction
In regards to BankWest I personally can’t see to many other options
You just can’t keep everybody happy all the time