Any interest in Alex Johnston or Adam Doueihi?

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Doueihi would be a good buy to replace Foran plus he will fit right in at Belmore.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Both are out of Souths starting side. AJ could be a great wing option for us as he can score a try. Also Adam Doueihi can play anywhere in the backline and has been told by Souths to look for another club.

I'd take both for between 300k-400k.
Don’t need them we have our own coming through.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id rather save the money for decent players. They would just waste cap space. Id prefer the dogs use all that money towards Xerri to try get him across

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How about this
Lewis to Melbourne, we take douehi, JAC to dogs
that would be the ultimate scenario.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We Do A Doueihi - ONLY if he can play left centre & only under $400k.

Sign him up for one year with Forans $350K compo money & see what happens.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’d rather Melbourne take Douehi, we get JAC & keep Lewis for now because we are so light on in the halves
That'd be great, but is Doueihi enough for the Storm? Maybe if they get Gagai as well in a package deal to release JAC?
That way the Dogs lose nothing, gain JAC, JAC gets Sydney as he wants and Soufs have then accommodated Mitchell cap wise although by reports it's not as much as he was on at the Chooks.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That'd be great, but is Doueihi enough for the Storm? Maybe if they get Gagai as well in a package deal to release JAC?
That way the Dogs lose nothing, gain JAC, JAC gets Sydney as he wants and Soufs have then accommodated Mitchell cap wise although by reports it's not as much as he was on at the Chooks.
Agreed mate. I think the storm will either force JAC to stay and have him unhappy and kicking stones or they’ll have to reduce their demands. I’d happily pay them a release fee

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We Do A Doueihi - ONLY if he can play left centre & only under $400k.

Sign him up for one year with Forans $350K compo money & see what happens.
I think compo money will only cover a like-for-like player to replace Foran. Say a 5/8th - Half-back.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only problem there is that if Souths let go of them both you'd think JAC would like the look of a Souths move.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed mate. I think the storm will either force JAC to stay and have him unhappy and kicking stones or they’ll have to reduce their demands. I’d happily pay them a release fee
Yep. No point in having an unhappy employee and I'm sure the Storm are smart enough to know that.
I reckon it's a different case for Arrow. His missus (who's a model) wants to come to Sydney for her career - and he's happy to do the same and take the dollars, but lifestyle wise they can stay on the coast for 2020. Either way shouldn't prevent Soufs from a deal as described above.
NRL musical chairs...

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Possible. It does look a little too clean doesn't it :-)
Yeah for sure.
I still think there might be a 4 way trade with Titans, Storm, Souths and Roosters.

That young prop on big coin from Storm to Titans.
Arrow to Souths.
JAC to Roosters.
Douehi/Gagai to Storm.

We may get Douehi with Foran money.

I am just totally guessing btw

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep. No point in having an unhappy employee and I'm sure the Storm are smart enough to know that.
I reckon it's a different case for Arrow. His missus (who's a model) wants to come to Sydney for her career - and he's happy to do the same and take the dollars, but lifestyle wise they can stay on the coast for 2020. Either way shouldn't prevent Soufs from a deal as described above.
NRL musical chairs...
For sure mate and as we’ve said when the dominos start to fall players become available

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
For sure mate and as we’ve said when the dominos start to fall players become available
Precisely - yet more proof why rushing in last November wasn't necessary.
And why the NRL should probably revise that rule from 1 November to 30 June the following year. 4 months seems adequate to sort out a new deal and/or move, even if interstate?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah for sure.
I still think there might be a 4 way trade with Titans, Storm, Souths and Roosters.

That young prop on big coin from Storm to Titans.
Arrow to Souths.
JAC to Roosters.
Douehi/Gagai to Storm.

We may get Douehi with Foran money.

I am just totally guessing btw
We're all guessing mate :-)
Agree all that except why JAC to Bondi?
Are they going to cut B-Moz loose? Would the Storm want B-Moz?
I reckon precisely your theory - added that the Dogs could throw a release fee at the Storm for JAC from the cap space we've got this year (assuming there's adequate space for his salary and a one off payment).
That way we get JAC and lose no-one, Storm are OK getting a couple of players and a cheque and everyone else is happy too (until the next 'I want out and don't care that I have a contract' hissy fit :-)).

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hypothetical - If we could use the Foran money to get him and the asking price was the same, would you rather get Doueihi from Souths or Jack Bird from the Broncos? Both can play 5/8th which would mean we should be able to use Foran's compensation money, but also can play centre which is where we need someone.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We're all guessing mate :-)
Agree all that except why JAC to Bondi?
Are they going to cut B-Moz loose? Would the Storm want B-Moz?
I reckon precisely your theory - added that the Dogs could throw a release fee at the Storm for JAC from the cap space we've got this year (assuming there's adequate space for his salary and a one off payment).
That way we get JAC and lose no-one, Storm are OK getting a couple of players and a cheque and everyone else is happy too (until the next 'I want out and don't care that I have a contract' hissy fit :-)).
I just think if Souths get Arrow theyd struggle to get JAC aswell. Who knows mate hey hahaha :tearsofjoy:
We could get JAC and would throw us in that 4 way trade (taking Roosters out) as you say. This was no one is really losing out. Storm get a like for like as do the Titans. Souths het their man and we get some much needed attack.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Would take Adam pretty quickly