Official Latrell Mitchell to Souths

Gallo2014

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’ve been listening to Hughes & Tunksy on Talkin Sport since al this Latrell crap started in November and they go on about how Latrell can leave a successful club where he could afford to go missing because a lot of their players could cover for him to go to another club where that won’t happen and now the pressure be on him when things go wrong and he will be expected to get them out of trouble with a team not as good as the Roosters. Till today they still feel that he has taken on a lot AND to be fullback when his work rate is nowhere near of that of a good fullback, it will be too much pressure for him to deal with. I agree! Now is anyone going to claim that Hughes and Tunksy are journos paid by Politis?

But at least Crowe feels that Latrell is the best thing that’s ever happened to Souffs. Yup, the game gladiator knows best.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ve been listening to Hughes & Tunksy on Talkin Sport since al this Latrell crap started in November and they go on about how Latrell can leave a successful club where he could afford to go missing because a lot of their players could cover for him to go to another club where that won’t happen and now the pressure be on him when things go wrong and he will be expected to get them out of trouble with a team not as good as the Roosters. Till today they still feel that he has taken on a lot AND to be fullback when his work rate is nowhere near of that of a good fullback, it will be too much pressure for him to deal with. I agree! Now is anyone going to claim that Hughes and Tunksy are journos paid by Politis?

But at least Crowe feels that Latrell is the best thing that’s ever happened to Souffs. Yup, the game gladiator knows best.

Souths might have been able to carry a Lazy Latrell when Madge was at the helm, because the rest of the squad was so solid, that they could make up for him, and then he just come into his own in the big games, like in the case of GI... but the current Souths team is much more vulnerable, as we saw in their semi v Roosters

We know Wayne is a lot more lenient with his players, but the issue is, they've got Roberts to worry about as well, another lazy player.. I can't wait to see all their vulnerabilities get exploited to the max when they come up against the better attacking teams

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
The fat dugong fuck will be lucky to last 20 minutes running around at fullback.
Hope it blows up in Souths face.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was at last nights Forum at Mt Lewis Bowling Club.
Lynn had mentioned that we didn’t go for Mitchell. May upset a few on TK but those members at the meeting were happy about that.
Lynn said the club had resigned its loyal players and Lynn had praise for the young players coming through.

Lynn also mentioned our Junior league enrolments is increasing big time the opposite at other clubs and some exciting young players coming through this season
The club is doing well and still much more to do.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I was at last nights Forum at Mt Lewis Bowling Club.
Lynn had mentioned that we didn’t go for Mitchell. May upset a few on TK but those members at the meeting were happy about that.
Lynn said the club had resigned its loyal players and Lynn had praise for the young players coming through.

Lynn mentioned our Junior league enrolments is increasing big time the opposite at other clubs and some exciting young players coming through this season
The club is doing well and still much more to do.
Yh we're going to re-sign most of the roster on upgraded deals and have no money left to recruit lol.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yh we're going to re-sign most of the roster on upgraded deals and have no money left to recruit lol.
Apparently most are resigned still looking for new players so I gather from last nights meeting money is still there

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And yet Elliott not re-signed? Interesting

Any other news from the meeting?
Foran is helping our young halves,,,
Major sponsor is difficult at the moment they said even storm are without sponsor, rugby league at the moment not attractive for sponsorship.
Adrian turner if he gets elected will be focussing on this,
Spoke about improving communication between fans and club
The next two years will be our years for getting back we’re we should be with our rebuilding.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Apparently most are resigned still looking for new players so I gather from last nights meeting money is still there
Yh I don't really care or believe what they say, only interested in things actually happening. Everything has been way to slow for me.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yh I don't really care or believe what they say, only interested in things actually happening. Everything has been way to slow for me.
Fair enough, I am happy with what there doing would like it done sooner but time will always be an issue

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fair enough, I am happy with what there doing would like it done sooner but time will always be an issue
Only because they're taking their time. We're years into their reign and we're still short staffed across multiple areas, we also haven't actually head hunted key staff and instead chose to promote from within or a friend of a friend. I'm just not all that impressed.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Latrell is lazy he won’t last at fullback once teams start making him run for the ball they will easily find holes in there defence and Souths will leak points.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Latrell is lazy he won’t last at fullback once teams start making him run for the ball they will easily find holes in there defence and Souths will leak points.
He needs a wind-up to hit the defensive line with a bit of speed, teams will gladly shove him under the high ball to pummelled him as soon as he catches it- IF he is able to catch it.
This experiment will be about as successful as Ponga at 5/8 for Newcastle. Bennett will stick with it for a month or two before admitting defeat, Mitchell will be in the centres by Round 10 for sure.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think they will start him off at centre. He won't be fit enough by the start of the season to play at the back . If Douehi is still there I expect he will start at fb round 1.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.theroar.com.au/2020/02/18/latrell-i-only-visited-cowboys-to-go-fishing/

While Latrell Mitchell can now find the funny side of his ongoing contract saga, former suitors North Queensland won’t be laughing after the NRL star admitted he only visited Townsville in the off-season to go fishing.

Mitchell appeared interested in a move north when Sydney Roosters talks broke down and he visited Cowboys headquarters last November.

Even after signing Valentine Holmes on a lucrative six-year deal, North Queensland coach Paul Green did not rule out the possibility of snaring Mitchell which sparked rumours that the Cowboys would offload Jake Granville to find salary cap space for the X-factor.

But after ending months of speculation and signing with South Sydney last month, Mitchell set the record straight about his trip north when he arrived at the Indigenous All Stars camp on the Gold Coast.

And the Cowboys won’t like what they hear.

Asked if he was close to signing with North Queensland, Mitchell laughed: “No, I just enjoyed the fishing, that’s all it was.

“I only went for a holiday.

“It’s good country up there but too hot for me.”

He's a perfect fit for those two-faced scabs.