Official Injury Update: Jackson, Holland and To'omaga return to full training

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have hit the ground running following the Christmas break with all players back at Belmore.

The Bulldogs are only two months away from the opening round of the season and currently have four players in the injured group.

Captain Josh Jackson, who required minor groin surgery in early December, has recovered well and returned in great shape after the two-week break and is in full training heading into the trial period.

Centre Kerrod Holland has completed his rehabilitation from a shoulder operation and has returned to the main squad alongside prop forward Renouf To’omaga, who has made a successful recovery from a foot injury.

Jeremy Marshall-King is out of the brace after requiring surgery to his shoulder. The hooker has started his running and has commenced his upper body weight program. The club will look to phase him into skills work over the next month.

Outside back Marcelo Montoya is continuing his recovery from a serious knee injury. The Fijian international’s running program has ramped up and he will be phased into skills work next week. He is expected to re-join the main squad over the next four to six weeks.

Kieran Foran is out of his brace and has started his shoulder rehabilitation program. The 29-year old will have a follow up visit with the surgeon in four weeks.

Forward Sauaso Sue is recovering well from his ACL injury and is running with no pain. He will transition into skills next week and will be phased into the main squad over the next month.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/20...-holland-and-toomaga-return-to-full-training/

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
JMK has missed a huge chunk of pre-season and I'm guessing Katoa would have done most of the ball work while JMK has been out I wouldn't be at all surprised if Katoa starts round 1.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like Foran is on track for round 6/7 maybe? He is already out of the brace ! And explains maybe why we haven’t received cap relief

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Great news about Holland. I hope he has a great season and plays to his potential for our NSW Cup team and some other club picks him up so we never have to see that flop again
Holland is going to be even weaker and smaller then he was before his injury.... he probably hasn't done any upper body weights since his injury!!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like Foran is on track for round 6/7 maybe? He is already out of the brace ! And explains maybe why we haven’t received cap relief
Probably be back for 1 game and then out for the whole season again lmao

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No chance, 9 months is the normal recovery time from the surgery date, 6 months is miraculous and there's only been 1 recorded case at less than 6 months and it was 5 months. Admittedly at 5 weeks Foran almost broke the record for a return after the tightrope syndesmosis surgery. His pain threshold is so high and he really works on his recovery, does everything possible, but April, I don't think that possible even for him.

Go Dogs

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
No chance, 9 months is the normal recovery time from the surgery date, 6 months is miraculous and there's only been 1 recorded case at less than 6 months and it was 5 months. Admittedly at 5 weeks Foran almost broke the record for a return after the tightrope syndesmosis surgery. His pain threshold is so high and he really works on his recovery, does everything possible, but April, I don't think that possible even for him.

Go Dogs
Very true,not before round 12,likely round 16

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
JMK has missed a huge chunk of pre-season and I'm guessing Katoa would have done most of the ball work while JMK has been out I wouldn't be at all surprised if Katoa starts round 1.
Pity that JMK’s pre-season has been injury hampered as he’s earned that 9 jersey on merit.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pity that JMK’s pre-season has been injury hampered as he’s earned that 9 jersey on merit.
Indeed, yet we need him to shine this year, and he definitely has the potential.!!!

UNO

Waterboy
Reaction score
so many injuries. its either our luck or we have bad physio regime

TheThird

Banned
Reaction score
Good to see progress in recovery, yet strength and conditioning is indeed questionable.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holland is going to be even weaker and smaller then he was before his injury.... he probably hasn't done any upper body weights since his injury!!
I dont think he ever did do upper body weights? Bloke needs to go back to park footy

Reactions: UNO